We are hiring!

Which pens are good to be used in mains exam?

Comments

• thanks @individual

thanks @dragonborn . good that u posted all 3 so that comparison could me made,safari seems to be better.and u r right that handwriting aspect matters in exam. + the sentence u have chosen for comparison is evidence that u have ggone through fountain pen videos on you tube :D

or, I want to write a line which has every alphabet ;) @Geheimnisse
    An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
  • Howdy folks.

I just received my lamy safari ef. I must say it writes wonderfully. As the pen is still new and the tip is EF, it is acting a tad scratchy, but I can see a huge improvement in my writing. If you write small and in cursive, it accentuates the curves and thus makes your paragraph(s) look better. Need to work on my speed now.

I am using the default cartridge provided by lamy, for now. Will scout for better quality ink (noodlers most prolly).

Well done.Welcome to the world of fountain pen writers.

One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.

PSIR Optional. Aspiring Diplomat.
  • The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

Yehi line hai na ?

Yehi line hai na ?

yes.yahi line hai.and in most of fountain pen review videos the persons write the same line . @dragonborn can confirm :D
    In Love With My Life Claudia Sampedro !

Yehi line hai na ?

yes.yahi line hai.and in most of fountain pen review videos the persons write the same line . @dragonborn can confirm :D
    Yes. that's because it's a pangram, contains all the english alphabets.
    Rejection is better than a lifetime of Regret.
  • @dragon_born is lamy advisable for those who write with heavy pressure on nib?what if nib breaks will my whole money gets waste
  • @dragonborn is lamy advisable for those who write with heavy pressure on nib?what if nib breaks will my whole money gets waste
  • After buying so many pens I have realised it's exactly like that Harry Potter wand choosing scene.When you finally hold it , it's absolute bliss.

Yehi line hai na ?

Haha , okay.

• In delhi there is Jain book centre + stationaery shop beside it in CP .one can go and try good ball/roller(not sure about fountain pens) pens there by requesting one old uncle sitting over there.hopefully u will find all good brands there.went there last year december.
  • edited October 2016
    Most roller pens are made of metal, and tend to be slippery. LAMY has indentations, so the grip is good!
  • @jambooics Have you ever broken a pilot pen with pressure? If no, then you should be fine!

• The BIC Cristal is Extra Smooth, Medium (1mm), Uniball Vision Needle is fine.

As you can see, Lamy clearly overshadows the two. However, the point to be noted is that I am not writing under exam conditions. Also, a good fountain pen ink ( i would prefer a deeper azure colour) would make it more appealing to the examiner. See, let's be honest, although the writing shoulnt matter, but when you have to go through 100's of copies, a clear and legible handwriting would definitely be more pleasing to your eyes.

P.S:- Those who are concerned with speed should relax as you have to practice writing around 200 words in 7-9 mins. You dont have to write novels in the exam.

P.P.S:- Look at that nib *_*

@Moonshine yes; @GentleGiant6 Thanks ; @Geheimnisse Here you go! ; @bitmshantiniketan Search for lamy fine/extra fine fountain pen on amazon.

4 to 5 they are showing.which one is yours?
  • i also have started using lamy safari. but after writing 2 tests what i notice is that ink is just sufficient for writing a single test(presently using diamine ink). i was thinking about using buying doodlers for mains, but i am not sure how much viscos the ink is. can anyone who has used this ink tell me about how many pages will i be able to write with noodlers. any other suggestions are also welcome
    TIA
  • Really liking 6rs Reynolds gel pen.
  • menace_hr said:

Really liking 6rs Reynolds gel pen.

attached picture of hurriedly written para. http://imgur.com/a/Wqs4R

• menace_hr said:

menace_hr said:

its good handwriting ,very clear and legible.
  • Political system- favourite word? @menace_hr :P
  • Political system- favourite word? @menace_hr :P

topic was politics. Keyword should shine ;)

@Geheimnisse thank you! :)
  • Q-2 and 18 with any ball pen.
    should I go for a pilot like v7 or trimax or gelpen like many of you suggested as I have not used it since a long time? Its more confusing to decide after going through this thread.
    gel pen writings are much more neat but how much difference can it make?
    such a long discussion on a pen.. Man.. A pen really is mightier than sword :wink:
    Screenshot001.jpg
    458 x 588 - 56K
    Screenshot.jpg
    433 x 559 - 53K
  • And yes I missed 1 question despite a ball pen.
  • edited October 2016
    And yes I missed 1 question despite a ball pen.
  • menace_hr said:

menace_hr said:

Your handwriting is pretty good, irrespective of the pen.
  • classmate pollax is also a very good pen.
  • menace_hr said:

menace_hr said:

Your handwriting is pretty good, irrespective of the pen.
    Thank you ☺️
  • linc ocean gel waterproof.( black & blue) . 5rs pen.. its the best..
  • menace_hr said:

menace_hr said:

reynolds jiffy?

ps: lovely handwriting bro/sis
    Random processes produce many sequences that convince people that the process is not random after all.
  • snp said:

i also have started using lamy safari. but after writing 2 tests what i notice is that ink is just sufficient for writing a single test(presently using diamine ink). i was thinking about using buying doodlers for mains, but i am not sure how much viscos the ink is. can anyone who has used this ink tell me about how many pages will i be able to write with noodlers. any other suggestions are also welcome
    TIA

Bhai share the link from amazon of your pen.please.
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly