ANSWER WRITING GROUP (AWG) 2019
ForumIAS AWG 2019 Entrance Exam will be held on 8th June | 9 AM.   CLICK HERE to know more and apply.
Ethics+ Batch 2 for CSE 2019
Starts 12th June, 2019Register Here
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

SDG question settled by Club of Rome itself !

hello bhailogo !
i have received the email from Club of Rome official Ms. Cecile

and the Answer is B !

I am attaching the email screenshot

Mera galat ho gaya !! sheh !!
sdg.png
1100 x 912 - 59K

Prelims -Bohot baar Mains- bohot baar Interview - Kabhi nahi
sdg.png 59.4K

Comments

• Wowa. ...that was something man
    Take a bow
    B)

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"
  • Last year people have mailed the same way but answers turned out to be different...anyways the question us from ncert I have posted links relating to it..goals were proposed then but given a formal shape in Rio summit just a take I may be wrong..
  • vk12 said:

Last year people have mailed the same way but answers turned out to be different...anyways the question us from ncert I have posted links relating to it..goals were proposed then but given a formal shape in Rio summit just a take I may be wrong..

matlab Club of rome khud keh raha hai ki maine nahi dia.. phir optimism hai ki maanta nahi..
    wah ji waah !!!

Prelims -Bohot baar Mains- bohot baar Interview - Kabhi nahi
  • Experts mailed that counter current is due to rotation but..it turned out the other way...wah Ji wah :wink:
  • hello bhailogo !
    i have received the email from Club of Rome official Ms. Cecile

and the Answer is B !

I am attaching the email screenshot

Mera galat ho gaya !! sheh !!

+1
    sorry for your loss though...

imagine every next day as if exam day

if you have cleared pre....clear mains too...otherwise there is no point in clearing pre only.

pre is just qualifying.
  • vk12 said:
    phir toh Mahatma Gandhi was the first to propose sdg.....aur usse bhi pahle indian culture and civilization...in this case too...statement 1 is wrong.

imagine every next day as if exam day

if you have cleared pre....clear mains too...otherwise there is no point in clearing pre only.

pre is just qualifying.
  • vk12 said:
    phir toh Mahatma Gandhi was the first to propose sdg.....aur usse bhi pahle indian culture and civilization...in this case too...statement 1 is wrong.

Ya if mahatma or Indian culture would be there in the options that would have been more suitable agree with you
  • edited August 2016
    you should have
    added in cc
    someone from UPSC
    तदबीर से बिगड़ी हुई तक़दीर बना ले, अपने पे भरोसा है तो एक दाँव लगा ले।
  • hahaha...sahi hai...warna yahan aise aise illogical explanation se solve karne wale baithe hain jo non existent ko bhi sahi prove karne me lage hain...aur reasoning to itna funny ki padhkar maja a jata hai. :D
  • Whatever is given in ncerts or standard govt publications like esi will be taken as answer imo...they will hardly consult the organisations for their view...
    Stay Classy ...Stay Genuine
  • The same happened with GEF question in 2014..most of us all had marked both b and c..i.e it provides finances as well as it provides research and technical support..

People mailed it to GEF then about its functions..it clearly stated it doesnt provide any research support. Answer was just b and was also corroborated by UPSC. Same situation here. I too have marked both but I know its wrong :(
    SDM :UP-2015
  • edited August 2016
    Regarding Club of Rome Question

1. If you refer official website of Sustainable development goals then according to them history of SDG starts with Club of Rome.
    2. The website not directly but in implied meaning says that club of rome proposed some commitments that world community must pursue.
    I quote from website
    They proposed to replace growth with equilibrium by stabilizing economic activity and demographic growth.
    "the report to this day remains one of the first thrusts toward a definition of the foundations of a development mode that we qualify today as sustainable."

2nd source
    The report concluded that to prevent this disaster, a collective commitment would be needed to curb the indiscriminate growth of the economy and achieve global equilibrium.

If we also concentrate on the wording of question. It used word "proposed". If word set or entacted or even defined would have been used then answer would have been crystal clear.
    But in current scenario
    The message is clear. The answer can go either way. Either both correct or second.
  • Class 10 geography
    page no 5
  • @Sameer Kulkarni , Brilliant effort on your part to settle this question. I had marked C (Both) as the answer, but now there is absolutely no doubt that the answer is B (2 only).
  • Nothing specific written in limits to growth regarding goals . But indirectly it give indication towards something similar events.stockholm 1972 proposed goals as i saw from wikipedia. Both were of same year.Report can be initiater of this kind of development. STILL i marked it wrong . NICE question though.
    Screenshot_20160811-153112.png
    1024 x 768 - 170K
    Rich Wildings of North... Thanks to global warming
  • vk12 said:

superlike B)
  • Ek baat batao yaar sab log.. And honestly batana --

Kin kin logo ne 7th August se pehle " Club Of Rome " ka naam bhi suna tha??

Maine to kabhi nahi suna tha ye " Club Of Rome " ka naam exam se pehle..

Ncert me hai dost kai jagah...
  • Hahaha.. I salute u man.
  • Gajab bhai!
  • edited August 2016

Ek baat batao yaar sab log.. And honestly batana --

bhai maine padha huya hai ye sab ...jo bhi stockholm conferece ke baare me padhega use pata hoga uska genesis...aise bhi ye sab mera super duper strong area hai...no question can penetrate the walls of my enviro and eco knowledge. B) i know the detailings of most of the conferences...par yahan log jabardasti goals word aur sustainable develeopment ek sath dekh lete hain to use SDG prove karne lagte hain.

bhai maine padha huya hai ye sab ...jo bhi stockholm conferece ke baare me padhega use pata hoga uska genesis...aise bhi ye sab mera super duper strong area hai...no question can penetrate the walls of my enviro and eco knowledge. B) i know the detailings of most of the conferences...par yahan log jabardasti goals word aur sustainable develeopment ek sath dekh lete hain to use SDG prove karne lagte hain.

aapke according kya hona chahiye answer
    Down-yes Out-No

कोशिश करने वालों की कभी हार नहीं होती।
  • I had read about club of rome before the exam, in fact I have it in my notes, I knew about sustainable development goals too and when they were first proposed, there was no doubt in my mind that answer is B (2 only), don't know why people are wasting time on this question, there wasn't any doubt to begin with
    A Lannister always pays his debts
  • div27 said:

aapke according kya hona chahiye answer
    club of rome wala option galat hona chahye as per me.

i had read about club of rome because i read international conspiracies.

Mera ek dost rome me rehta hai..he often goes to club....vahi suna tha 'Club of rome'
  • Can someone please write a mail to Yeddyurappa and confirm the answer of Lingayat question
    To be, or not to be, that is the question...
  • Can someone please write a mail to Yeddyurappa and confirm the answer of Lingayat question
    To be, or not to be, that is the question...
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google