MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

suggestions regarding joining intelligence bureau acio-2.urgent,plz help

I have written mains in 2015.my prelims preperation is also good this year.in spite of extension request,they(ib) have again send the joining on 16th august.i m in big dilemma what to do?seniors in IB and on forum please guide

Comments

• Write Prelims... Join IB... take 3 days leave for going home after 15 days.... send medical ... keep sending medical till mains is over.... Thats how most ppl do it... you can follow their foot steps.
  • I have written mains in 2015.my prelims preperation is also good this year.in spite of extension request,they(ib) have again send the joining on 16th august.i m in big dilemma what to do?seniors in IB and on forum please guide

Plzzz join.... Koi ghar ke serious issue bata ke leave... Fir follow Banksy... Medical n medical n medical... And only communicate in writing... Not on phone... Nahi to they will create fear psychosis... :D
  • banksy_ said:

Write Prelims... Join IB... take 3 days leave for going home after 15 days.... send medical ... keep sending medical till mains is over.... Thats how most ppl do it... you can follow their foot steps.

leave in training is difficult as i have heard,anyways if i ll join than ll try this.
  • liverpool said:

I have written mains in 2015.my prelims preperation is also good this year.in spite of extension request,they(ib) have again send the joining on 16th august.i m in big dilemma what to do?seniors in IB and on forum please guide

Plzzz join.... Koi ghar ke serious issue bata ke leave... Fir follow Banksy... Medical n medical n medical... And only communicate in writing... Not on phone... Nahi to they will create fear psychosis... :D
    thanks for reply
  • Intelligence Bureau job is not suitable for preparing UPSC exams. You won't get time at all. Even after posting, work pressure is there and you won't have time for studies especially if you are posted in the border areas of North East India. Join only if you feel it is necessary to have a backup otherwise leave it.
  • viktor said:

Intelligence Bureau job is not suitable for preparing UPSC exams. You won't get time at all. Even after posting, work pressure is there and you won't have time for studies especially if you are posted in the border areas of North East India. Join only if you feel it is necessary to have a backup otherwise leave it.

thanx for reply
  • viktor said:

Intelligence Bureau job is not suitable for preparing UPSC exams. You won't get time at all. Even after posting, work pressure is there and you won't have time for studies especially if you are posted in the border areas of North East India. Join only if you feel it is necessary to have a backup otherwise leave it.

So much of misinformation...I work in IB as ASO via cgl 14..

1. After 7th pay, your in hand will be 59000 RS.. In addition ,u will get 13th month salary as well....effectively your per month salary will better than many group A post...

2. I get lot of time to revise my notes....u won't believe it but I feel no need to take leave as my work load is nearly nil.... To be precise ...less than an hour of work

3.if you are posted in outskirt areas( j&k,North East) whose probability is very very less..I repeat...very very less..., u can think of another options like taking sick leave till December or delay ur joining or seek some another option if ur dream is civil services...

. if not....join IB ..outsiders don't know perks of IB ..I won't disclose everything here for obvious reason
  • viktor said:

1. After 7th pay, your in hand will be 59000 RS.. In addition ,u will get 13th month salary as well....effectively your per month salary will better than many group A post...

2. I get lot of time to revise my notes....u won't believe it but I feel no need to take leave as my work load is nearly nil.... To be precise ...less than an hour of work

3.if you are posted in outskirt areas( j&k,North East) whose probability is very very less..I repeat...very very less..., u can think of another options like taking sick leave till December or delay ur joining or seek some another option if ur dream is civil services...

. if not....join IB ..outsiders don't know perks of IB ..I won't disclose everything here for obvious reason
    He's not talking about that job. ACIO-2 is a whole different story.
    CGL guys dont have to work that much. He's not going through cgl.
    The world is filled with amazing things you'll probably never notice if you keep staring at your GODDAMN PHONE.
  • 1....I resigned from IB as ACIO 2 in JUNE after serving 8months.....including 6 months under training....recently acio 2 grade pay has been upgraded to 4600 ...despite of that I would suggest you to think twice before joining...

2......as mostly you will be posted in remote areas either jk or northeast...workload is nothing over there..but on connectivity parameters it's nothing.....no hindu, ie,Internet especially in LEH SIB....nature of work is nothing just a typical Indian office style...only name IB is prevalent...

3....on positive sides ....decent pay compared to work....after 5 years of job can be promoted to acio1 ....can be deputed to BOI..Or most probably after 1st border posting deputed to BOI....

REST depends upon invidiual choices
  • viktor said:

Intelligence Bureau job is not suitable for UPSC exams. You won't get time at all. Even after posting, work pressure is there and you won't have time for studies especially if you are posted in the border areas of North East India. Join only if you feel it is necessary to have a backup otherwise leave it.

Bro, I mentioned about direct ACIO exam conducted by MHA. FYI, I had cleared the ACIO pre exam but did not go for the interview based on the review of this job by a senior official.

And if you don't know, recently a newly recruited ACIO was killed in Meghalaya by militants.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/shillong/NIA-probe-into-Meghalaya-IB-officers-killing-demanded/articleshow/49533931.cms
  • viktor said:

yes bhai....acio-2 is different from ASO
  • What does these acio do? Work like salmam khan in ek tha tiger inside the country or anslyse collected data ?

viktor said:

Thanx for reply
  • 1....I resigned from IB as ACIO 2 in JUNE after serving 8months.....including 6 months under training....recently acio 2 grade pay has been upgraded to 4600 ...despite of that I would suggest you to think twice before joining...

2......as mostly you will be posted in remote areas either jk or northeast...workload is nothing over there..but on connectivity parameters it's nothing.....no hindu, ie,Internet especially in LEH SIB....nature of work is nothing just a typical Indian office style...only name IB is prevalent...

3....on positive sides ....decent pay compared to work....after 5 years of job can be promoted to acio1 ....can be deputed to BOI..Or most probably after 1st border posting deputed to BOI....

REST depends upon invidiual choices

sir,is it possible to skip delhi training after shivpuri phase?plz reply
  • No they will not let you skip Delhi training.....legally its not.......but after Delhi phase....you can get medical leave for long period depending upon your reason....
    One of my batchmate has skipped the later phases i.e police training and attachments citing accidental emergency......broken leg...

Till now he is on medical.....it depends upon yours smartness to convince......
  • No they will not let you skip Delhi training.....legally its not.......but after Delhi phase....you can get medical leave for long period depending upon your reason....
    One of my batchmate has skipped the later phases i.e police training and attachments citing accidental emergency......broken leg...

Till now he is on medical.....it depends upon yours smartness to convince......

thanx for reply
  • Hi ! Reviving this thread because of 2017's ACIO exam. I hope answering the followimg won't jeopardise India's internal security.

In-hand salary ? Pay commissin ki recommendation ek baat aur actual me accept hona alag baat.

elderly parents k healthcare k liye cghs k alawa aur kuch milta hai ?

Har time information collect nahin karte hain Toh baki time kya kaam hota hai ? Filework / deskwork ?

Deputation to RAW and foreign postings k kitne chances hai for an ordinarily bright person ?
    And after how many years of service ?
  • I got correspondence from ib 4 immigration service at airports on contract.how worth joining it??plz sm1reply.
  • Hi everyone
    I gave IB exam in 2015 and also gave interview for same,I was not in the final list.
    But yesterday I received a mail from MHA for job of immigration assistant on basis of 2015 exam.
    How is the job profile?
    Did anyone here got this kind of mail?

P.S it is on contract only for 3 years.
  • Hi everyone
    I gave IB exam in 2015 and also gave interview for same,I was not in the final list.
    But yesterday I received a mail from MHA for job of immigration assistant on basis of 2015 exam.
    How is the job profile?
    Did anyone here got this kind of mail?

P.S it is on contract only for 3 years.

Any body please answer ...
  • edited January 28
    @Harvey_Dent @pSingh me too..i think everyone who were inteviewed, hav got this willingness letter..i dont think its any kind of reserve panel selection..but its definitely a selection process, on what basis-i dnt know..i hav nvr seen any recruitmnt like this..its gud to know that they still miss us..hahaha :D :D
    T ↑ [0→1] = T ↓ [1→infinity]
  • @Harvey_Dent @pSingh me too..i think everyone who were inteviewed, hav got this willingness letter..i dont think its any kind of reserve panel selection..but its definitely a selection process, on what basis-i dnt know..i hav nvr seen any recruitmnt like this..its gud to know that they still miss us..hahaha :D :D

Any idea abt the job?
  • IWDMI said:

@Harvey_Dent @pSingh me too..i think everyone who were inteviewed, hav got this willingness letter..i dont think its any kind of reserve panel selection..but its definitely a selection process, on what basis-i dnt know..i hav nvr seen any recruitmnt like this..its gud to know that they still miss us..hahaha :D :D

Any idea abt the job?
    Duty at immigratn countrs to provide immigratn clearanc to d foreigners arrivng at airport..job functn : countr duty..work undr acio-1
    T ↑ [0→1] = T ↓ [1→infinity]
  • Pls let me know who got willingness letter. Let us interact via message or on phone. Pls ping me, I have dropped a message to you as well
  • IWDMI said:

Any idea abt the job?
    Duty at immigratn countrs to provide immigratn clearanc to d foreigners arrivng at airport..job functn : countr duty..work undr acio-1
    IWDMI said:

Any idea abt the job?
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog