CSE 2019   Attend 3 sessions on preparing for CSE 2019 , right from the right preparation strategy, reading the newspaper, making notes to how to write good answers. Orientation session is open to all and mandatory for all CGP Students. Click here for details.
MITRA'S IAS - PHILOSOPHY: Seminar on - 27th Sep. - 5pm & 9th Oct. – 11 am
Foundation Classes: 28th Sep. and 29th Sep.
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
,Website:- www.mitrasias.com

Is it too late to start reading economic survey?

edited July 2016 in Preparation FAQs
With just 12 days in hand and other subjects to study as well, should I read economic survey or not? I have not read it even once.

Comments

• Get some summary and go through it.will hardly take 3-4 hours.
  • If you can find a summary, read that.
    Don't read the actual one now.

I don't know any good summary.
    You can try Mrunal's lectures. He would've covered Budget, survey and relevant parts of IYB in his videos.

+1 if one can watch 12 hours non stop.. he covers it beautifully and in simple language.
    Good Bye. See you Later.
  • Thanks adiguru and DrKingSchultz.
  • Its do or die.no summary will give u real satisfection of yeah i m done n come on bring it on :D .u need to do line by line of Es.if ur clear wid basics u ll undrstnd everything easily.b calm n read the book.
    Ps-its free ka advice. :)
  • Go for vision Ias. It is the best among the worst. Videos will consume more time of yours.
  • Na yes i m saying so y u knw.last year i only did the hindu for one year n was 100% satisfied wrt current affairs..n cleared pt wid relatively well margin.but dis year i was highly discontinous wid the hindu(deviated to indian express,et or none as well).so i m not confidnt wid currnt affairs.evn after refering vision ca.
    Khud se karne ka satisfection hi kuch aur hain.wo spoon feeding me nahi ata atlst mujhe to nahi aa raha.
  • Thank you for all your comments. I think I will buy vision summary and the book as well and do as Caption Peroxide says. May be this way I'll be able to skip not-so-important pages of the es.
  • Yoy dont required economic survey hardly anything comes from it, pure waste of time if you regular with economic news. ZERO ROI at this stage
    Nigaho mein manzil thi.
    gire aur gir kar sambhalte rahe.
    hawao ne bahut koshish ki.
    magar chirag aandhiyo mein bhi jalte rahe…
  • What has exactly been asked from economic survey specifically ? Ever ?

I don't remember coming across any question that cannot be answered if you have been regular with the newspaper and have a decent understanding of economics

I never understand people's fascination for ES.

Don't waste your time at this stage. summary at max.
  • Do summary now.

btw eco survey is for building concepts of economy which are indrectly helpful in prelims.

BUT,there are direct questions in MAINS from economic survey..atleast i remebr 3 qustions in mains which can be answered from last years Economic survey.
    In The Midst Of Chaos, There Is Also Opportunity !
  • for prelims NCERT economics has more ROI than any other book,but only if u can learn and understand each n every line in the book and take help of google.
    In The Midst Of Chaos, There Is Also Opportunity !
  • Just do the 80 pager GKT document. Both concepts and survey highlights are provided in a neat way. That's the best to get good cost:benefit factor. Both Vision and GSScore are poor.
  • pl sm1 share survey volm 2 summary if availble???
    i m well versed with vol 1 but vol 2 :s not touched
    or tell me specific chapters?????? please
    it will matter in the end...definitely..
  • Go for GS Score Eco survey summery , total pages about 110 pages(vol1+vol2) . 8-10 hrs to complete it, make notes from it in 4-5 pages . Revise day before exam.
  • srana17 said:

With just 12 days in hand and other subjects to study as well, should I read economic survey or not? I have not read it even once.

Hey bro it will be too late after 7th aug. Read a summary . If u can take out time read selected chapters. Language is simple and pages are filled with graphs. It doesn't really take too much time.
    hey bro
  • Arminius said:

Do summary now.

btw eco survey is for building concepts of economy which are indrectly helpful in prelims.

BUT,there are direct questions in MAINS from economic survey..atleast i remebr 3 qustions in mains which can be answered from last years Economic survey.

Yes... see .. no direct questions will come or has ever come from eco survey in prelims. In Mains at least 1 and upto 3 questions have come from there..

Eco survye benefit is that you build good eco concepts from it... so it only has indirect benfit for prelims...

do either of the two

a) vision compilation OR
    b) totally skip it

@PREM_CHOPRA is right...
  • Krk said:

srana17 said:

Hey bro it will be too late after 7th aug. Read a summary . If u can take out time read selected chapters. Language is simple and pages are filled with graphs. It doesn't really take too much time.
    +1

Summary is good.. or just totally skip it..
  • I have read Economic Survey(original).It took me two days.Today I read vision's summary.And I can say that vision summary would suffice.U can cover it in two hours easily wid gud amount of retention.Go for it
    Rank 42 , CSE 2017

Live intensely.
    Dont become.Be

https://sudhirgahlot.wordpress.com
  • which one is better: gk today or vision summary
  • Read some good summary.Dont waste time in reading it completely.
    CSE 2016 Indian Police Service ( IPS )

CSE 2017 Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
  • @vignesh Yaar GKT summary mail kar sakte ho?
  • srana17 said:

There's not much in this year's survey worth for prelims. Read chapers 8 (PTAs), 9 (Fertiliser) and 10 (labour markets) from Volume 1. These are the only chapters which can generate some objective questions. These are hjust 30 pages in all with lots of figures and diagrams so readable material is only 20 pages. Volume 2 is not worth bothering.
    I'll say that summaries given by many coachings as videos or as handouts leave out many small points. I think these 3 chapters should suffice.
    It's never too late to do anything... ATB.
    2013, 2014 - Mains*
    2015 - Interview*
    2016 - IRS (C&CE)
    2017 - IPS
    2018 - Prelims, Mains*
  • Having read vision summary and given a cursory glance at the two volumes, I have come to the conclusion that reading the summary is sufficient. I did not find anything which was not in the newspapers.
  • jambooics said:

which one is better: gk today or vision summary

Vision
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog