All India Open Prelims Simulator Test X
on 22nd May, 2019 CLICK HERE to know more and apply
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

IBPS PO/MT 2013 notification out

edited January 2014 in Banking
You may be a king or a little street sweeper,but sooner or later you dance with the reaper!

Comments

• they haven't mentioned 'emoluments'??
  • edited July 2013
    grad 60%...!!! some pretty serious and meritorious candidates will be left out of the race. i wonder why ibps has chosen this criteria...!! :-??
    Man is sometimes extraordinarily, passionately, in love with suffering.
  • edited July 2013
    Ya @Woodpecker
    There are candidates preparing for PO since long but now can not even apply due to <60% in their grad. Really this is a sad and shocking decision taken by IBPS.
  • Ex-railwayman,Indian Police service
  • The grad 60% criteria is a farce. When the premier recruiting organisation of the nation UPSC does not have such an atrocious criteria, I would like to hear the thinking behind this decision taken by IBPS.

Too many wannabe IIT/IIMs in our country. IBPS, you will never be such, that I can assure you.
    A republic without a pub is a relic | Criticize the post, not the poster |
  • Ya @Woodpecker
    There are candidates preparing for PO since long but now can not even apply due to <60% in their grad. Really this is a sad and shocking decision taken by IBPS.</p>
    this is sad. and will agree with @policewala too here when upsc does not discriminate ont he basis of marks then no other org has the right to do so. if they really feel the level of candidates is low as compared to what the job demands then they should rise the level of examination not marks.

many people in rural areas who secure less than 60 are so much better than the ones passing out of the private institutes where achieving 60 is not less than a joke. even my own univ (GGSIPU) 90% people get more than 60 without any efforts(i am one of them ;) )

yesterday one of my friends who is preparing for this exam said they are going to file a complaint in the court against this criteria. i wonder what will happen as eligibility criteria falls under the jurisdiction of the institute/organisation and they are actually free to make it 20% or 80%.
  • Graduation with 60% Marks is being resisted throughout the country and i hope soon it will be removed.
  • Ya @Woodpecker
    There are candidates preparing for PO since long but now can not even apply due to <60% in their grad. Really this is a sad and shocking decision taken by IBPS.</p>
    this is sad. and will agree with @policewala too here when upsc does not discriminate ont he basis of marks then no other org has the right to do so. if they really feel the level of candidates is low as compared to what the job demands then they should rise the level of examination not marks.

many people in rural areas who secure less than 60 are so much better than the ones passing out of the private institutes where achieving 60 is not less than a joke. even my own univ (GGSIPU) 90% people get more than 60 without any efforts(i am one of them ;) )

yesterday one of my friends who is preparing for this exam said they are going to file a complaint in the court against this criteria. i wonder what will happen as eligibility criteria falls under the jurisdiction of the institute/organisation and they are actually free to make it 20% or 80%.
    I have a friend from GGSIPU..i met him in my MBA and i was shocked to to know the marks you get in engineering.. i mean he had a score of around 86% or something ...wow!!
  • Can anybody tell me what to study for PO exam in addition to the preparation of civil services.
  • @Emptiness
    for reasoning rs aggarwal or mk pandey
    for quants strengthen your basic maths focus on topics like percentage,no. of days/men required,profit/loss,simple interest compound interest etc unlike ssc cgl its no heavy duty maths
    for gk last six months current affairs with emphasis on banking sector(banking services chronilcle+pratiyogita darpan)
    You may be a king or a little street sweeper,but sooner or later you dance with the reaper!
  • edited July 2013
    plus buy a practice set for solving questions eg (arihant IBPS practice set) also solve questions given in pratiyogita darpan...practice makes man perfect \m/
  • Everyone, I think there will be some sectional cutoff. I wrote IBPS-PO last year. Though I crossed the overall cutoff. I dint touch any questions in Quants section. So got 0 in that :D and they failed me.

So, Avoid that mistake. :)
    2013 - Indian Forest Service

2016 - In the battle!
  • @DrSheldon
    yes there is sectional cut off...
  • @root
    this thread is moving from its main moto that is civil service.now its name shuld be like forum for all competetive exam. ;-)
    by d way me too had cleared po written but did nt appear for interview. i was on top after written mains.but upsc ki jai ho.
  • I was selected for Union Bank and got Jaunpur as joining location. There is a bond of 3 yr- Rs 2 lakh.
    So I didnt join.
  • edited July 2013
    Ya @Woodpecker

I have a friend from GGSIPU..i met him in my MBA and i was shocked to to know the marks you get in engineering.. i mean he had a score of around 86% or something ...wow!!
    scoring in ggsipu is easy man. my personal experience. i wrote all the crap irrelevant things in the paper that to in taxation and they awarded 69/75 marks.
    mine was BBA sir. currently i am pursing Actuarial Science from ASI. :D
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google