GST Council may give one-year extension to anti-profiteering authority Drugs of 18 pharma firms found substandard since 2018 In relief to India, Maldives may scrap ocean deal with China India can boost exports of 300 products to US, China amid trade war: Report This will be a tough budget to balance
ANSWER WRITING GROUP (AWG) 2019
ForumIAS AWG 2019 Entrance Exam will be held on 8th June | 9 AM.   CLICK HERE to know more and apply.
Ethics+ Batch 2 for CSE 2019
Starts 12th June, 2019Register Here
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

Dilemma: Have covered around 60% of optional but now thinking of changing optional?

I chose history as my optional subject out of interest and i have covered around 60% of history optional. Now in free time while browsing I saw management optional paper and found out that i can do this too. I have an interest in that subject too. I know i can bombard that paper. The thing for this subject comes naturally in me. What to do?
Should I continue with history or go for management?
Or should I prepare 2 optional subjects and decide later?

At first, I didn't realize that subject like management is there. I just read its name and thought it would be like pure mathematics.
If I change optional now, all my hard work and time that I spent on History would go in waste

Comments

• Well, it depends upon your capability... you know better... :)
  • I chose history as my optional subject out of interest and i have covered around 60% of history optional. Now in free time while browsing I saw management optional paper and found out that i can do this too. I have an interest in that subject too. I know i can bombard that paper. The thing for this subject comes naturally in me. What to do?

At first, I didn't realize that subject like management is there. I just read its name and thought it would be like pure mathematics.
    If I change optional now, all my hard work and time that I spent on History would go in waste

For 2016 u have no option left...for 2017 connect with guys who have qualified with mgmnt as optional..they can guide u better
    Valar Morghulis
  • Better stick with history.
    When the going gets tough, the tough gets going :)
  • edited June 2016

I chose history as my optional subject out of interest and i have covered around 60% of history optional. Now in free time while browsing I saw management optional paper and found out that i can do this too. I have an interest in that subject too. I know i can bombard that paper. The thing for this subject comes naturally in me. What to do?

@Good_Fella You have not completed History yet & Management comes naturally to you , it is always better to go with what comes naturally to you,where you can be creative and be different from others.As you are interested in that subject,you can easily complete the syllabus happily.No fun in preparation unless you are enjoying it !
  • Better talk to someone with Management optional first before jumping to any conclusion.
    Sharpen your axe, before cutting down the tree...
  • Thank you everyone
  • edited June 2016
    Be cautious..grass looks greener on other side quite often. How could you think management to be like pure mathematics and at the same time say management comes naturally to you?

See..for any person with wide interest in many fields..it's easy to get allured by any subject question paper and feel enthusiastic about that subject but it doesn't mean this subject is going to be in better terms with you as compared to the previous one. May be u see question paper of Chemistry one fine evening sipping tea with a engaging lad like me and you feel..snap!! this guy is so interesting :wink: ..let's be like him :wink: and do some tango with these hexagonal rings!!

But unfortunately no suggestion is gonna help you with certainty because you would work on data like who qualified with management, what was his background, how much time he took and how was he interested in subject..I hope any rational person would do that..and here is the shit..you will be surprised to find that all kind of average people qualifying the exam and those who have good understanding subject keep on strolling since beginning of 12 year plan :wink: You will find there are guys who qualified this exam with management, preparing just in 3 months and himself accepting like he don't know much about subject..he just prepared basic concepts and got lucky..and at the same time you will find someone who just changed his subject from some popular one to management this year and got successful..on the other hand you will find some wizard in that field..very humble still wandering what went wrong with him.

So all in all here is a Golden test to kill the confusion..ask yourself a question "what if you fail with management as optional in all your incoming attempts..will you blame the subject?" if answer is "yes' stick to whatever you have and extract best out of it and if answer is no..go forward..you are slightly above than average mortal human beings!! You know what passion means :smiley:
    Why to be a "dahi bhalla" when you can become fried split black gram dumpling smothered with sweetened yoghurt, tamarind and mint sauce.
  • मैनेजमेंट का पेपर देखना ही नहीं चाहिए था।
  • Which one do you luv.pyar jis se ho ,uske sath jao.pyar jiske sath hai,uske sath na jaakar ,bewafayi mat karna bhaya.kyunki bewafai ka sila achcha nai hota.rest up to you.
    I like both p and m.
    But i love m.

Bakait, mai to kahunga jo tmhe pyar kre, uske paas jao, management is like the new hot chick jiske liye inhe infatuation ho ra hai aur ghar ki murgi daal barabar history ko chodna chah re hain. Daal hawal chod k biryani khana chah re hain
  • edited June 2016
    बकैत, मुझे तो मस्ती फ़िल्म की याद आई, जिसमे तीनो हीरो बिर्यांनी खाने के चक्कर में फंस जाते हैं।
  • As a person who teaches optional..... Its better to go for what you are really good at.... Most important here is your optional History which is difficult to Score even if you complete the syllabus
  • You are the first person to be telling that management is doable and preferable over history. Congrats!

#every child is special
    # most people with management struggle with deciphering the syllabus, let alone complete it.
    Mere gham pe hasne wale, tujhe konsi dua doon!
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google