Mistake done in Filling UPSC 2016- centre not available now

Hi,

I need a small help. I checked my UPSC form which I filled. By mistake I have written married but I am not married. Now I tried to fill the form again but I found that none of NCR centre is available and I belong to Gurgaon. I have filled part 1 again.But part 2 I checked centres not available of NCR. What shall I do.Is it fine with my first form.WIll it be rejected as I have entered incorrect details or filling part1 again will cause any problem

Thanks

Comments

• U have to fillup complete form again along wid payment asap .Today is d last day.B fast n select nearedt possible exam centr.
  • @drashtiguru5@gmail.com Wat if I dont fill part 2 of the form which I filled today. WIll my previous form which I filled earlier where my detail is incorrect will be considered
  • B fast n fill up complete form wid 100% accuracy dis time.If u wont do part2 reg. then only ur first form wud b considered by upsc.
  • Fill the form again or else u can't write the exam..
  • Shimla centre le lo .School aur school management bahut comfortable hoga .
  • 1.married not married not a BIG issue ... i think u can go ahead with your first applicattion ... after clearing pre(IF) send a letter to UPSC .. no need to make all those ooga booga journey ...peace adn study
    कृपया यहां ज्ञान न बांटे यहां सभी ज्ञानी है
  • Bro u can get married.

I always give simple and best solutions
    hey bro
  • Krk said:

Bro u can get married.

I always give simple and best solutions

:D :D :D
  • @KRK..I am not bro.. I am sister :)....

• :D
    You need to fill the form afresh...you have got exactly one and half hour...
  • married/ not married is not a big deal i the form

but main thing is peace of mind ... you will keep thinking about it instead of studying ... something like this happened to me in another exam .... wasted so much time .. so fill it again with whatever centre is most accessible
  • I have filled the form again with different mobile number and email id with bengaluru centre.Fingers crossed.Will write mail to UPSC regarding change in marital status in first form..Thanks everyone for your instant response :)
  • URGENT HELP

I filled the form 1 month before....somehow i thought of filling application again...i completed part-1 reg and then payed the amount in part-2 ..but unfortunately Delhi centre is not available...I dont want to write in any other center

Will my first application be still valid? kindly advise.....
  • edited May 2016

URGENT HELP

I filled the form 1 month before....somehow i thought of filling application again...i completed part-1 reg and then payed the amount in part-2 ..but unfortunately Delhi centre is not available...I dont want to write in any other center

Will my first application be still valid? kindly advise.....

@avinash1988
    If you have successfully completed both Part 1 and Part 2 of your second application with same details (same email id and mobile no. as in the first one), then your second application form will be considered.
    "So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
    Racing around to come up behind you again. !!!"
  • edited May 2016
    deep12 said:

Hi,

I need a small help. I checked my UPSC form which I filled. By mistake I have written married but I am not married. Now I tried to fill the form again but I found that none of NCR centre is available and I belong to Gurgaon. I have filled part 1 again.But part 2 I checked centres not available of NCR. What shall I do.Is it fine with my first form.WIll it be rejected as I have entered incorrect details or filling part1 again will cause any problem

Thanks

marriage and non marriage is a non issue .. you should have went ahead .. its not hiding something ... you could have taken an application suggesting you mis clicked the option whenever you were called for document verification ... proceed with the old form and go there itself.. banglore jaake kya karoge .. you will waste ur resources including precious time .. also u will get to rectify it in mains form .. dont worry ..
  • deep12 said:

I have filled the form again with different mobile number and email id with bengaluru centre.Fingers crossed.Will write mail to UPSC regarding change in marital status in first form..Thanks everyone for your instant response :)

but the address , name, education qualification etc are same so upsc software will see it as same person and will reject old form most probably... i guess you will have to bangalore now .. anyways do check if they prepared admit card for old form wenever they issue admit card .. ATB
  • Such small mistakes do not matter at all. Just write an application declaring the mistake and request for correction in it. Make a photocopy of it. Give the original one at the counter of UPSC Mandir, dholpur house and ask them to stamp the duplicate one. That ways you'll have a proof that you've declared the error and aren't hiding anything.
  • I belong to OBC NCL and I have only the scan copy of OBC certificate dated back Dec 2012 as I submitted the original one to the grad college. I tried my best to get a new one before the last day of application (27-May-2015) but was unsuccessful because of the administrative delay. I will get the new one in next 2-3 days. Meanwhile I filled the application form as OBC and gave the date of certificate as Dec 2012 referring to scan copy of OBC that I have currently. Will it create any problem ? I will get the new one in this week.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog