Current Affairs Revision Classes + Answer Writing For Mains 2019 
the one class you can bank upon to ace Mains 2019
Don't just believe what we say, your first class is on us. Attend by registering HERE
STARTS 24th June | 5 PM

Ethics+ Batch 2 for CSE 2019
Starts 12th June, 2019Register Here
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

India After Gandhi- Ramchandra Guha

which Chapter’s important from
" India After Gandhi- Ramchandra Guha "
according to ias syllabus point of view ???
A 18y girl who just passout her 12th..& ready to Flying 4r her sky .. my main aim is to clear CSE without takeing any coaching...that's why i joined forumias platform ..so i get guidance from senior experince member like u people...so plz treat me like ur younger Sibling..my every question in this forum is just 4r confirming whether my effort's & hardwork going to right direction...or wasteing time to touching unnecessary topic which not worth 4r me in future... ...thankyou 4r u guidance and support

Comments

• What is said above is rite..but one chap in one go is diff for those who can't read in a stretch..like me..

But certainly the book is written in interesting manner that many irrelevant for exam things also there but u don't mind wen u hv time to read..

Initial chap on immed post indep..info China war..1975 emergency..Indo Pak war are beautifully covered.. Planning model of India..

If u can't locate I can tell the exact chap names..
  • Hriti said:

What is said above is rite..but one chap in one go is diff for those who can't read in a stretch..like me..

But certainly the book is written in interesting manner that many irrelevant for exam things also there but u don't mind wen u hv time to read..

Initial chap on immed post indep..info China war..1975 emergency..Indo Pak war are beautifully covered.. Planning model of India..

If u can't locate I can tell the exact chap names..

Please do tell. It will be a big advantage. Thanks.
    One day, perhaps, love may die of disuse, left to rust in wind and weather.
  • IMO this book is a good read for leisure, but from the exam point of view, Pradhanmantri tv series and pol science ncert should be sufficient
  • I have read this book from cover to cover. Not much useful from exam point of view. Full of anecdotes. Bipan chandra is quite relevant from exam point of view but blatantly biased.
    सुख के सब साथी, दुःख में ना कोई
    मेरे राम, मेरे राम
    तेरा नाम एक साचा दूजा न कोई
  • I too third :p the above mentioned view...it's a leisure read but from examination point of view not very useful.
    Why to be a "dahi bhalla" when you can become fried split black gram dumpling smothered with sweetened yoghurt, tamarind and mint sauce.
  • bhaiyo what is this pradhanmantri series??
    Down-yes Out-No

कोशिश करने वालों की कभी हार नहीं होती।
  • Yes..it shud be taken at leisure only..also becoz from past 2 years nothing coming from post indep directly..

But the significance of this book lies in giving u a real picture of wat happened..Nd then u cN write on ur own with compassion..

Pradhanmanti series is fixed number of episode or some ongoing serial? @ravi_newbie ?

Chap names -
    Valley bloody
    Redrawing map
    Conquest
    Securing
    Exp of defeat
    Peace of
    Rights
    Riots - babri issue

These chap names r not advised for exam pov..but understand the gravity of situation..dillemmas..etc..read only in leisure..
  • @Hriti it has 26 episodes. It is a good watch, but some episodes have political drama too!
  • edited May 2016

@Hriti it has 26 episodes. It is a good watch, but some episodes have political drama too!

is pradanmantri a tv serial or documentary available in the market ? Available in English version as well ?

Btw not a good idea to go with guha at this point of time. Better refer post independence chapter of bandopadyay new edition, concised into a single chapter at the end covering all significant events post 1947. Hardly 1 or 2 questions you could expect from this part of d history.
    If god did not forgive sinners, heaven would be empty.
  • @kummys It is a tv series in Hindi by ABP news, available on YouTube. English subtitles may be available.
  • @kummys It is a tv series in Hindi by ABP news, available on YouTube. English subtitles may be available.

ok thank you buddy.
    I Can understand hindi btw, impact of mrunal eco lectures ;)
  • kummys said:

@Hriti it has 26 episodes. It is a good watch, but some episodes have political drama too!

is pradanmantri a tv serial or documentary available in the market ? Available in English version as well ?

Btw not a good idea to go with guha at this point of time. Better refer post independence chapter of bandopadyay new edition, concised into a single chapter at the end covering all significant events post 1947. Hardly 1 or 2 questions you could expect from this part of d history.
    It is a TV Series by ABV News or something. If you are able to cover it, you will have covered Post Independence Topics like a Pro :-)

This would be a good way to prepare the topic in a more interesting Manner. You can get it on Youtube!
    *No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |
  • edited May 2016
    blockquote class="Quote" rel="Neyawn">
    kummys said:

It is a TV Series by ABV News or something. If you are able to cover it, you will have covered Post Independence Topics like a Pro :-)

This would be a good way to prepare the topic in a more interesting Manner. You can get it on Youtube!

sure bro. Thanks :) @Neyawn
  • anyone has collected quotable quotes or fodder material helpful in essay from this book
  • Btw, Pradhanmantri series is wonderful but not sufficient sirs and mams...it mostly narrates the political events and barely goes in to other fields of national importance. You will have an outline of the all the political events occurring but events related to economy, foreign policy, society have to be prepared separately.
    Why to be a "dahi bhalla" when you can become fried split black gram dumpling smothered with sweetened yoghurt, tamarind and mint sauce.
  • anyone has collected quotable quotes or fodder material helpful in essay from this book

The only word that I remember now is neo-malthusianism with respect to emergency and forced sterilizations by sanjay gandhi and co.
    सुख के सब साथी, दुःख में ना कोई
    मेरे राम, मेरे राम
    तेरा नाम एक साचा दूजा न कोई

The only word that I remember now is neo-malthusianism with respect to emergency and forced sterilizations by sanjay gandhi and co.
    I only liked your alias....
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly