All India Open Prelims Simulator Test X
Start Now
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

optional status 2017

hello guys, vajiram has announced its dates for optional and GS . i was thinking to take optional coaching but there are various speculations that optional may removed in 2017 . So can you people help me what should i do ..join or not..
Prelims 2017 - 108.66
Mains2017 - 806 (geography - 230)
Prelims 2018 = 112 ( shankar)
Mains 2018* PT *
Age - 22

Comments

• bhai yeh optional jaane ki bakwaas main pichhle 4 saal se sun rha hu.. iski wajah se 2 saal bhi waste kiye.. and i assure u optional kabhi nhi jaega.. UGC lobby poora zor laga degi..
    2015- prelims failed by 1 mark
    2016 - missed final list by 9 marks
    2017- missed final list by 4 marks
  • I feel you should first study your optional on your own. Later you can join coaching if you feel. If your optional can contribute to your GS, then i guess even if it gets removed in 2017, you will be benefitted through GS. Though chances are very less that optional will be removed as UPSC will notify it atleast 1,2 yrs before making such a major change in the examination pattern.

In case your optional is different from your GS altogether, then i would say you should conc more on GS for now and give some time to your optional too for a basic reading.
  • Optional khatm hua to humanities subjects ka band bj jaega, DU JNU waale sb hartal p chale jaenge, koi arts subjects padhenge ni. Seems pretty improbable.
  • thanx guys..but what about baswan committee..and what UPSC did in 2013...changing the whole structure without any notification and all..
    Prelims 2017 - 108.66
    Mains 2018* PT *
    Age - 22
  • BANE_007 said:

Optional khatm hua to humanities subjects ka band bj jaega, DU JNU waale sb hartal p chale jaenge, koi arts subjects padhenge ni. Seems pretty improbable.

exactly... JNU DU waale toh fir sabji hi bechenge mandi m...
  • then to be on safer side, choose the one which has some similarity with the GS syllabus. :neutral: Or wait for the notification :neutral: I had same confusion few months ago. so quit zoology though it has major part of my graduation subjects. :neutral:
  • env_engg said:

then to be on safer side, choose the one which has some similarity with the GS syllabus. :neutral: Or wait for the notification :neutral: I had same confusion few months ago. so quit zoology though it has major part of my graduation subjects. :neutral:

Yar ye to zabardasti ho jayegi..lo wahi jisme interest ho..GS wagere chodo..har koi kar lega wo
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
  • yar fir jo sahi lage wo karlo.. sari cheezein to ni ho skti. either one can wait till notification or else select optional of his choice as per interest...hatega to dekha jayega wo bhi... wese iski sambhavna hai ni... :smile:
  • @DrKingSchultz yeah true that bro.. this optional removal thing sucked a year or two out of my life.. and now i have started to believe 100% it will not be removed atleast for next 4-5 years.. or may be never.. so stop wasting time pick up a subject u like and blast it..
  • Arre bhai you have 18 months till 2017 mains.
    Itne time mein toh Alexander penetrated till Beas, opened four trade routes between India and Macedonia and also installed administrative machinery in his conquered territories.
    Ek optional subject toh you can easily prepare in 6-8 months while simultaneously reading basic books like NCERTs and Laxmikanth.
    Then you are all set for concentrating on mains-centric stuff for the next 2 months.
    Revise the optional in the next 1 month and start prelims centric prep from May onwards.
    Then revision of optional and mains stuff after prelims.
    Result = Rank 1.

The realist in me says optional will not be removed, even if the Baswan committee report suggests its removal.

Sir, can this be done while being in a Job? I mean the process you explained on how to use those 18 months and get a rank ..
  • mukulroy said:

Arre bhai you have 18 months till 2017 mains.
    Itne time mein toh Alexander penetrated till Beas, opened four trade routes between India and Macedonia and also installed administrative machinery in his conquered territories.
    Ek optional subject toh you can easily prepare in 6-8 months while simultaneously reading basic books like NCERTs and Laxmikanth.
    Then you are all set for concentrating on mains-centric stuff for the next 2 months.
    Revise the optional in the next 1 month and start prelims centric prep from May onwards.
    Result = Rank 1.

The realist in me says optional will not be removed, even if the Baswan committee report suggests its removal.

Sir, can this be done while being in a Job? I mean the process you explained on how to use those 18 months and get a rank ..
    Depends on the job..
    But if you can devote 4-5 hours daily, then it can be done with smart preparation..
    Snd optional is not going to be removed.

Check out the attached file:
    Thank you so much sir:)
  • mukulroy said:

Arre bhai you have 18 months till 2017 mains.
    Result = Rank 1.

Depends on the job..
    But if you can devote 4-5 hours daily, then it can be done with smart preparation..
    Snd optional is not going to be removed.

Check out the attached file:
    thanx bhai..
    Prelims 2017 - 108.66
    Mains 2018* PT *
    Age - 22
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google