CSE 2019   Attend 3 sessions on preparing for CSE 2019 , right from the right preparation strategy, reading the newspaper, making notes to how to write good answers. Orientation session is open to all and mandatory for all CGP Students. Click here for details.
MITRA'S IAS - PHILOSOPHY: Seminar on - 27th Sep. - 5pm & 9th Oct. – 11 am
Foundation Classes: 28th Sep. and 29th Sep.
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
,Website:- www.mitrasias.com

PHILOSOPHY OPTIONAL : Selected candidates please share your strategy.

edited May 2016 in Philosophy
Respected successful candidates please share you strategy regarding philosophy as optional.

It would be very help helpful ti us.

Comments

• bhai strategy nahi notes chahiye.. specially on western contemporary.. most of us make notes.. and so do toppers.. we need to reach out to them to share their notes for people like us
  • Philosophy ke lie revise paper 1 atleast 20 times....yes it's 20 times if u want the flow in the exam hall....for paper 2 focus more on including contemporary examples in socio political.... Religion ke lie do any notes quite well.....be it Patanjali or Mitras but focus on one nd revise it a lot of times....Cheers!!!
  • @Gautam Mohakul for paper 1 patanjali booklet is sufficient??
  • gaurav811 said:

@Gautam Mohakul for paper 1 patanjali booklet is sufficient??

I don't have much idea about Patanjali notes as I studied wholly from Mitras booklets + notes!
  • bhai strategy nahi notes chahiye.. specially on western contemporary.. most of us make notes.. and so do toppers.. we need to reach out to them to share their notes for people like us

Yea you are partially right we do need good nites for the said topic alon with its understanding. Par yaar strategy bhi jaroori hai otherwise you won' know how to write despite being knowing what to write.
  • Philosophy ke lie revise paper 1 atleast 20 times....yes it's 20 times if u want the flow in the exam hall....for paper 2 focus more on including contemporary examples in socio political.... Religion ke lie do any notes quite well.....be it Patanjali or Mitras but focus on one nd revise it a lot of times....Cheers!!!

Hmm sahi hai. Ye to tyaari wali baat hogai. But how to write answers? Can some selected candidates please share their answers qith us, will be useful.

Also how to prepare contemporary western philosophy as their are no good books and notes available in english medium?
  • gaurav811 said:

I don't have much idea about Patanjali notes as I studied wholly from Mitras booklets + notes!
    Hey i just checked the list you happen to be slected. Congrats bhai. Aap ke kitne aaye hain philosophy mein? And please reply regarding contemporary w.p and what about answer writing?
  • sabkabaap said:

gaurav811 said:

Hey i just checked the list you happen to be slected. Congrats bhai. Aap ke kitne aaye hain philosophy mein? And please reply regarding contemporary w.p and what about answer writing?
    Thanks a lot!!! I got 222( 129+93 ).... Expected more in paper 2 though.....For answer writing I did test series but important thing is to understand how to get the format of the answer right in Paper 1....Hit the right point in the question ....For example, if asked about Panchvidbheda don't start writing wholly about Madhava' s focus on difference but just mention it briefly nd rather write the five differences....Hope u get the point!!! ATB!!
  • Contemporary is the easiest part in western philosophy, just focus on notes and understand in easy terms rather than getting it as something complex....!!
  • sabkabaap said:

gaurav811 said:

Thanks a lot!!! I got 222( 129+93 ).... Expected more in paper 2 though.....For answer writing I did test series but important thing is to understand how to get the format of the answer right in Paper 1....Hit the right point in the question ....For example, if asked about Panchvidbheda don't start writing wholly about Madhava' s focus on difference but just mention it briefly nd rather write the five differences....Hope u get the point!!! ATB!!
    Yea got it bhai. Welcome. And if you can please ask other selected candidates from philosophy to share their experience with us i might help us.
    Your info is helpful.
  • Contemporary is the easiest part in western philosophy, just focus on notes and understand in easy terms rather than getting it as something complex....!!

Okay. So whose notes did you refer for contemporary? Mitra's or patanjali's?
  • sabkabaap said:

sabkabaap said:

gaurav811 said:

Yea got it bhai. Welcome. And if you can please ask other selected candidates from philosophy to share their experience with us i might help us.
    Your info is helpful.
    Yeah sure....I will try nd ask @masterji to write something.....!!

• sabkabaap said:

Contemporary is the easiest part in western philosophy, just focus on notes and understand in easy terms rather than getting it as something complex....!!

Mitras
  • But my point is both of them are good nd never change ur sources abruptly....Try nd revise the same source as many times as possible!! :)
  • sabkabaap said:

Contemporary is the easiest part in western philosophy, just focus on notes and understand in easy terms rather than getting it as something complex....!!

Mitras
    Thanks boss , i have his printed booklets of 2015-16 which he gives along with test series. Hope that will suffice.
  • sabkabaap said:

sabkabaap said:

gaurav811 said:

Your info is helpful.
    Yeah sure....I will try nd ask @masterji to write something.....!!

Thanks and all the best!
  • Yup....do those booklets with full concentration nd revise thoroughly! :)
  • But my point is both of them are good nd never change ur sources abruptly....Try nd revise the same source as many times as possible!! :)

Yup will do :#
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog