ANNOUNCEMENT : Prelims 2019 Select Focus Group (SFG) Commencement Date, Entrance Test and Other Details
MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

The Never-Ending Reservation Debate (Only Authorised Thread On The Topic)

edited May 2016 in Speculation & Protests
1. Pour out everything here.
2. Law of the land still applies.
3. Be civil or we'll ban.
4. All discussions about reservations in India go here AND NOWHERE else.
5. Do not tag me. I can't moderate this. It's a futile debate and I've stopped giving a shit.

Go.
Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...

Comments

• ST said:

True. I just checked tina dabi's marks.. She couldn't have even cleared general cutoff. Thanks to beti bachao and beti padhao and 125 th birth anniversary of Ambedkar.. Ministry of social justice and empowerment crafted their poster girl.. #Bull shit reservation

ballu.420 said:

Tina Dabi
    paper 1- 96.66
    paper 2- 98.73

@root , please ban the user if he has shared the morphed marksheet of tina dabi
    siddy248 said:

last years topper cleared prelims cut off by one mark..she applied gen category..
    this years topper cleared prelims by 2-3 marks under sc category..94 is cut off..
    had she applied under general...we all know then
    both have secured highest written marks all india ...key lies in mains..prelims bas clear karo

siddy248 said:

last years topper cleared prelims cut off by one mark..she applied gen category..
    this years topper cleared prelims by 2-3 marks under sc category..94 is cut off..
    had she applied under general...we all know then
    both have secured highest written marks all india ...key lies in mains..prelims bas clear karo

ballu.420 said:

khud check karlo if anyone thinks its morphed...and ban me if I have done so...idiots

ballu.420 said:

Tina Dabi
    paper 1- 96.66
    paper 2- 98.73

@root , please ban the user if he has shared the morphed marksheet of tina dabi
    Are bhai asli hai...sabne apni tassali karli.
    Upsc ki site pe jake tum bhi karlo

bhai tum sahi bol rahe ..me already sab se phle share kiye the marks..but the thing is she got 96 marks in gs...and yeh hazam nahi hoga logon ko..
    Suber said:

Prelims aur mains ka khel alag alag hai. Bahuton ko dekha hai ki prelims mai bahut kam marks aate hai, but mains mai kafi handsome score hota hai. Waise mains mai subjectivity jyaada hai to luck factor bhi rehta hai.

Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
  • Etat said:

5. Do not tag me. I can't moderate this. It's a futile debate and I've stopped giving a shit.

Go.

Okay! let me set the tone for beginners.. :p

Are you a Manuwadi and Maucauleyputra?..you have taken benefits of social perks for 5000 years and now you don't give a shit..thank you sir we were already having a pathetic life and now we are jobless too because you don't give a shit and you think we have only one job, "to clean the shit"

Why to be a "dahi bhalla" when you can become fried split black gram dumpling smothered with sweetened yoghurt, tamarind and mint sauce.
  • What is Tina dabi dob ...how did u opened her marks ...anyone

fiːnɪks
  • :D :D :D
    Sab aa jao raashan pani le k isi thread pe jisne apne pre ki prep kharaab karni hai :D :D
  • Etat said:

Go.

Are you a Manuwadi and Maucauleyputra?..you have taken benefits of social perks for 5000 years and now you don't give a shit..thank you sir we were already having a pathetic life and now we are jobless too because you don't give a shit and you think we have only one job, "to clean the shit"

Dada isn't manuvadi , Dada is Marwari .☺☺
  • under_dog said:

What is Tina dabi dob ...how did u opened her marks ...anyone

Anyone posting private info like that will be banned. Take this as a last warning.
    Sab aa jao raashan pani le k isi thread pe jisne apne pre ki prep kharaab karni hai :D :D

It has already been agreed upon by 2/3rd majority in house....ki asali game to mains me hota hai :p
    Why to be a "dahi bhalla" when you can become fried split black gram dumpling smothered with sweetened yoghurt, tamarind and mint sauce.

Tumne is thread pe aake to apni kar li :D

Aur ab Maine bhi :/

It has already been agreed upon by 2/3rd majority in house....ki asali game to mains me hota hai :p
    :+1:
  • Very true. The current system is very unfair. Tatkal reservation should get some refund else no one has incentive to cancel their tatkal booking even if not traveling. Thus TTE is the ultimate beneficiary who sells these seats.
    A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
    https://www.facebook.com/jaime.kngslyr.1
    contactjaime123@gmail.com
    twitter @contactjaime123
    My Book https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07B2N695F
  • Oopps...Tina Dabi failed to cross general cutoff in prelims.She has ruined the legacy of toppers in CSE.It would be embarrassing for her while giving tips to other students.
    Rest I am not concerned about reservation.
  • I hate it when they reserve my favorite table for someone else when i visit a restaurant :(
  • Reservation issue cropped up because of this years topper. When GA topped the exam, he was tagged as macaulayputra followed by huge protest against english and csat. Next year when someone will top the exam, there would be another reason to debate or just hue and cry venting out their frustration.
    wind power α v^3. That's how speed matters to generate power required to drive upsc exam.
  • edited May 2016

Etat said:

Go.

I am not responsible for your joblessness.
    I haven't lived for 5000 years.
    I haven't derived any benefit.

For all historical issues... there's reservation... Enjoy...

I still don't give a shit about the reservation debate because it's futile.
  • people not giving shit, please be careful. exams are near, dont be constipated :tongue:
  • I hate it when they reserve my favorite table for someone else when i visit a restaurant :(

then go to different restaurant (country)
  • Etat said:

under_dog said:

Anyone posting private info like that will be banned. Take this as a last warning.
    Etat said:

under_dog said:

How is that private dear ...she is rank 1 upsc ?? Our future home secretary ...nd moreover the day she joins the services all her details will be public under mandatory disclosure .....btw u cannot ban Wikipedia where her dob is clearly mentioned as 9th Nov 1993 ...roll no is on upsc website 0256747 ...marks96.66+98.73=195.37

Ban me if i have broken any law of the land or if u think to post UPSC toppers marks is offensive ....which in the past they have themselves posted openly .......................#reservation_reforms are urgently needed to rejuvenate the policy ...
    fiːnɪks
  • mevhravi said:

I hate it when they reserve my favorite table for someone else when i visit a restaurant :(

then go to different restaurant (country)
    dont turn a joke into a debate :D
  • :D :D

Jo iss thread pe ek baar aayega...baar baar aayega...
    Happy studies :D :D
    Karma - the Panacea
  • Etat said:

Etat said:

Go.

I am not responsible for your joblessness.
    I haven't lived for 5000 years.
    I haven't derived any benefit.

For all historical issues... there's reservation... Enjoy...

I still don't give a shit about the reservation debate because its futile.
    sir ...you were provoked ...you did and proved that you give a shit :p
  • raj67 said:

Oopps...Tina Dabi failed to cross general cutoff in prelims.She has ruined the legacy of toppers in CSE.It would be embarrassing for her while giving tips to other students.
    Rest I am not concerned about reservation.

bro..is she welcoming you to take tips from her :p
  • Yaha aake khoon mat jalao :D
    Hona Jana kuch nahi hai...bas time barbad hoga :o
  • agar prelims ka kuch competition kam karna hai toh aise paanch che thread khol do :D
  • Eiago said:

Yaha aake khoon mat jalao :D

aapke case me finally tote udegen :wink:
  • I am affluent and i do not face any discrimination but reservation is my right becoz your ancestors discriminated against and exploited us.
  • Eiago said:

Yaha aake khoon mat jalao :D

aapke case me finally tote udegen :wink:
    Ha yaar marks dekhke pehle hi use hue hai :'(
  • anyone answer this ---

the total no of seats in parliament state wise is fixed by 1971 census .....so as to not negatively impact the states that have made progress in birth control ......all are aware of this and agree to the logic ....right??

now consider this the no of seats reserved for sc,st increased from 130 to 141 in the last delimitation of constituencies done ........a increase of 11 seats ........is this not negatively impacting our birth control program ....arn't we incentivising communities to reproduce more in number and get a larger share of political power ....which in turns translates into all other fields as well .......anyone answer this ....TINA DABI if u r reading this ....what r ur views ???
    fiːnɪks
  • I am affluent and i do not face any discrimination but reservation is my right becoz your ancestors discriminated against and exploited us.

Please sir tag the right person.

Agar ye sarcasm hai to bilkul samjhega nahi logo ko....and agar assertion hai to reasoning is wrong...

absurd logic ............ grow up dear
    fiːnɪks
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog