‘Microbial toxins found in popular e-cigarettes’ In a first, NASA probe detects ‘marsquake’ on the Red Planet HC lifts ban on TikTok, but with a caveat IEPF Authority in a major success recovers Rs 1514 Cr of Depositors Money Madras High Court bats for extending legal abortion period upto 24 weeks
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims From 2011-18 | Read Here→

ForumIAS Academy Student Minal from Delhi University's St. Stephens Secures Rank 35 - First Batch of ForumIAS Foundation Program Click here to download her copies and notes
IMPORTANT: ForumIAS Discuss is now LIVE. You can visit it at discuss.forumias.com

We are hiring!

[Rumour] Cut off for UPSC Prelims 2013

edited July 2013 in Miscellaneous
As the title is saying that this a rumour collection thread for those of us who are anxious about the cut off, so please moderators , don't blacklist this. Those who not interested in this pls stay away.

As many of you know ETEN classes, has come up with speculated cut off as below:-

Latest News:

Civil Services Prelims 2013 : Cut-off 211/400, General Studies : 106+ , CSAT: 100 +

Even Orkut is abuzz with such news, but no news on ForumIAS?
Anyone has any idea about credentials of the above and if there is any possibility of sectional cut off going so high?

As far as I remember, there was this note in notification that sectional cut off may or maynot be there depending on the discretion of UPSC.

Comments

• this speculation is absolutely absurd.
    General Studies 106 + is something which is tough to achieve.
    CSAT I have not come across any one who has said below 125 marks

So i have no idea how this absurd speculation has been made.

and I dont understand the logic why everybody starts discussing sectional cut-off when there has been no such thing in past two occasions and neither there has been any said change in pattern of pre or
    any notification of sectional cut off be UPSC
  • =))
    There is no news of sectional cutoff. Heard that someone called Mr. Farid's office and he confirmed that there is no sectional cutoff(don't know whether it is true). I could have believed the rumour of sectional cutoff but this- paper-1 (106) and paper-2 (100) no way.
  • Brothers, even I am not believing it can go so high like 106! that will be too much..but people on Orkut are treating it a as credible so there must be something tru about, like Patern change happened, even though everyone was hoping it wouldnt.
  • Could you post the orkut link?
  • Some "bond" guy has made a comeback on orkut and he says cut off is 220. As per people on orkut bond has always provided the right information.
  • Threads like this are best for entertainment, Its like reading Bigboss script live.

thanks for this kind service. :)

PS: no offence !
    | Commerce | "Conformity is the slowest form of Suicide."
  • 106 in paper 1 and 100 in paper 2. Should we achieve both or atleast 1 would suffice?? :P
  • edited July 2013
    Do they (etenIAS) really think 106 in paper 1 is needed to clear the cut off or is it just a move to increase their website hits...because if they genuinely feel ki 106 tak chahiye GS me to clear cut off, they are too dumb to run a coaching class for IAS.
  • Only time (and UPSC) will tell...
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
  • All undeserving and misguiding tendencies are on boil....let UPSC come to boil....sab thande ho jayenge...with one shot!
  • edited July 2013
    Last year, around 80 % who cleared prelims did not have score above 80 in the first paper. This time if UPSC sets 106 as the cutoff then who will write mains? Bangladeshi refugees?

Orkut wale chirkut hai. :-p
    Mathematics CSE 2015
  • Rumours need some logic to make others believe.

106+ and 100+!!!! And the cutoff is 211.

What if someone scored 106+100=206 >:/
    2013 - Indian Forest Service

2016 - In the battle!
  • How many aspirants visited ETENIAS' website and discussed about the institute, that was the reason for such rumours and they were successful. =))
    | Commerce | "Conformity is the slowest form of Suicide."
  • When victory is certain, even the cowards can fight.
    Brave are those who fight even when their defeat is certain.
  • edited July 2013
    Yaar tum sab Eten ke peechhe pad gaye. Agar unka estimate sahi nikla(minus sectional cut-off waali nautanki) to zindagi safal ho jayegi!!! :)
    When victory is certain, even the cowards can fight.
    Brave are those who fight even when their defeat is certain.
  • How many aspirants visited ETENIAS' website and discussed about the institute, that was the reason for such rumours and they were successful. =))
    Just Checked their site. Someone should call and ask them to edit that flash news. (I'm sure that is some Typing mistake :)] )

2016 - In the battle!
  • edited July 2013
    @sidlivestrong , youtube analysis was bit good . Person admits[finally one did :D ] its difficult to predict cut-offs . Nevertheless , here in this forum , its been said that Mr. Farid had confirmed the cut-offs near to 220 , and the youtube person's estimate for General Category max marks is 218 .
    To believe, or not to believe that is the question ^#(^
    2017--> 8th attempt
  • "ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants"
  • cut off for pree
    237general
    result date 2 july
    no sectional cut off

as told by
    kumar sir

cross question and enquiry about this cutoff by kumar sir is not allowed as it is self explntry. wait till 2nd. and you will get your answer.
  • ^ I hope u meant 2nd August!
  • who is this kumar sir??
    "ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants"
  • edited July 2013
    @DANGERIPS can cut off cross 236?? is it that easy to get more than 6000 people from general category with this score??Better way skip these speculations and study for mains..
  • @DANGERIPS can cut off cross 236?? is it that easy to get more than 6000 people from general category with this score??Better way skip these speculations and study for mains..
    'can cutoff cross 200? never it can cross 200. '

This was the popular comment last year :)
    Anything is possible.

2016 - In the battle!
  • Agree , but even a limit is there for rumors :D
    2017--> 8th attempt
  • cutoff will not be higher than 210 :P

if it is i will have to prepare for CSE 2014 :(
  • edited July 2013
    Cutoff has to be lower than my estimated score by at least 10-15 marks. What I am expecting is irrelevant; the cutoff has to be lower than whatever I get.

My source - Premonition / I'm psychic (NOT read psycho). Just as good as any other source!

If you insist on a prediction (didn't want to be the bearer of bad news) :

I predict a cutoff of 215 for GCs and the result would be out on a day which is a prime number but not less than 20 and this month itself.
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
  • kumar sir kaun hain bhai... UPSC ke chacha?....n haan please unse next year pre ka cut off bhi pooch lo ...
  • Cutoff has to be lower than my estimated score by at least 10-15 marks. What I am expecting is irrelevant; the cutoff has to be lower than whatever I get.

My source - Premonition / I'm psychic (NOT read psycho). Just as good as any other source!

If you insist on a prediction (didn't want to be the bearer of bad news) :

I predict a cutoff of 215 for GCs and the result would be out on a day which is a prime number but not less than 20 and this month itself.
    Don't be a false prophet!

I have been told by a friend whose cousin sister's husband knows someone who is a peon in UPSC that the result will definitely be declared the day after a new moon when jupiter and mars are in an agreeable position in the night sky.
  • @Stardust1901 @ArindamSarkar

both of you are correct.. i just did a probability, permutation and combination of your facts. i am getting the date same as my source told me. so, all 3 of us are correct..

but i cant reveal my source or the information he gave.. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Success Stories from Our IFoS Toppers
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1) | Read His Story
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) | Read Her Story
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) | Watch His Interview
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) | Watch His Interview

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google