ANNOUNCEMENT : Prelims 2019 Select Focus Group (SFG) Commencement Date, Entrance Test and Other Details
MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

Disappointed by ForumIAS - now just an agent of coachings like chokalingam

I took the current affairs class of chokalingam..but can now easily see that thread and comments to promote it is done by forumias guys or the coaching. Eventually, students like me fell in the nexus of two.
Videos stuck at regular intervals, audio is not clear.

I always thought this to be a neutral platform but it is now indirectly promoting coachings which advertises here.
Now lets see how long moderators or its own employees take to delete this thread.

Mod Note: This opinion/post prima facie does not represent a genuine profile. Members are asked not to trust such profiles. A typical fake profile usually creates a new account and posts heavily positive or negative review about upcoming coachings/ teachers within hours. It also violated forum rules. Currently ForumIAS does not verify user profiles, but merely suggests vested interests if any. This is done to detect fraud and make other users aware of any promotion as well as mis guidance.

Comments

• Maybe what you are saying is true but apne aaj hi forum join kiya,threads vi padh li,class vi le like,problem vi aagyi.......kuch to gadbad hai daya
  • Sahi kaha aapne..1st atttempt hai sir.
  • edited May 2016
    @ashantprani teacher is so so but audio video is really bad. I repent joining the same and falling into comments/threads created by forumias or under its protection.

Mod Note: This opinion/post prima facie does not represent a genuine profile. Members are asked not to trust such profiles. A typical fake profile usually creates a new account and posts heavily positive or negative review about upcoming coachings/ teachers within hours. It also violated forum rules. Currently ForumIAS does not verify user profiles, but merely suggests vested interests if any. This is done to detect fraud and make other users aware of any promotion as well as mis guidance.
  • i have also joined the course n watched the first 4 videos. the teacher is decent, not amazing, but will do for prelims purpose, especially for those whose current affairs is weak. he is covering a significant amount of topics, and after that one can read vision ias CA magazines easily. he is not analyzing topics, but that is something he made clear in the first video, that for prelims course he will concentrate more on facts rather than analysis. audio is not very good but audible and recognizable, i have not missed a single word till now due to audio. video quality is not an issue, it is the platform of flavido which is more of an issue. looks like they have not purchased good hosting, and thus video plays at a low quality. i have 4 mbps connection n still the video plays at low quality. if i keep the quality at higher levels it takes a lot of time to buffer. u cannot also pause the video for a few minutes, because buffering stops once u pause the video. a major issue i have with the teacher is that he goes slow, if he could increase his pace it would be much better.
  • @walsh just seems to be seeking attention.
    the guy/girl created profile 2 hours ago. how on earth did u manage everything, from reading threads to joining chokalingam, in just 2 hours dude?
    Do not go gentle into that good night
  • @walsh just seems to be seeking attention.
    the guy/girl created profile 2 hours ago. how on earth did u manage everything, from reading threads to joining chokalingam, in just 2 hours dude?

forumias is accessible without even creating an account
  • edited May 2016
    Dude- not only me but many have commented on the poor quality.

I certainly dont need to explain to you how and why i not posted from my other account which has my personal emailid linked.
    And you are what at forumias.com; Junior Research Analyst?

• edited May 2016
    Ur silence answers my question it seems !

• edited May 2016
    This is exactly why ForumIAS is losing its credibility.

The ability to create a new profile without verification and posting reviews of classes.

When I see an uninformed or misleading review about something which is false, you start trusting ForumIAS less.

I once read a negative review about a person that he is bald and chews tobacco. The teacher in reality had a head full of hair and had sparkling white teeth. So you know that the entire thing is false. You start trusting the platform less.

Since I am furious at this, Let me post a genuine review of the Teacher as I have been his student. This will largely undo the purpose with which this thread was created. It will also clear a lot of misguidance.

Oh and @GreyMatterRules ( Rank 86) with very good marks in GS read Chokkalingam Notes and attended his current Affairs classes before the Interview. I told him to take his Current Affairs classes not on the Forum , but on phone.

I also asked @Aks to take his Current Affairs classes for Mains last year because his coverage is very very good for Current Affairs. @Aks scored very good marks in GS this year . He has shared it elsewhere and you can see it. He missed final selection by 16 Marks or so.

At the same time, if you have been able to cover Hindi , IE and PIB by yourself, you dont need his classes. The Arbitration Question that came in Mains last year and the Higher Education Question that came in the year before - which not many people were able to answer were covered in his classes.

About Coverage : Chokkalingma sab parha dega. If you write notes you will have too much notes, but be assured he will cover everything that is important for the exam. In fact if you write every word you may face the problem of having to read too much notes at the end.

Teaching Style : He is narrative and goes on speaking like a lecture. He doesn't use the board. So if you are the sleepy kind , you may fall asleep. But if you have even some idea about IR you will be able to relate to it.

The need for Current Affairs for Prelims : I do not think for prelims Current Affairs requires classes. One can refer to own newspaper notes or even Vision Notes will suffice. Also the weightage of CA as increased but relatively simple and easy questions are asked in Prelims for CA and can be done on one's own. However, if you think you need classes you may take it. For Mains, yes I would recommend him and him alone for Current Affairs.

And I do so, because I was able to improve my score because of his classes. It was recommended to me by Tejaswani who was the fifth topper of Mains that year but got IPS because she got 100 marks in the Interview.

Also, please see the screenshot of my review of the teacher on the moderator's thread (not visible to members) which was posted some 10 days back or so

You can also read JohnSnow's reply.

And my reply

With this post I think I have undone the purpose with which a new profile was created and a review posted.

As a person who has a coding background, and was hired by among the World's Top 3 tech companies, I was taught to be a good tester. I was taught to test whatever I code.

So the profile says that video quality and audio quality is poor. @andy133 on Forum has joined the program and so has @Aks ( both in online mode ) I was at @Aks's place yesterday and I saw the videos briefly. They are good quality and I did not face any audio issues either.

So here is all the info that you need about Chokklingam.

I think enough has been said. And no, your thread will not be deleted. It should be announced.
    *No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |
  • @walsh which thread are you talking about?
    Writing CSE Mains 2016
  • walsh said:

Dude- not only me but many have commented on the poor quality.

I certainly dont need to explain to you how and why i not posted from my other account which has my personal emailid linked.
    And you are what at forumias.com; Junior Research Analyst?

Bhai, mera 2 Mbps ka MTNL hai, audio video mein toh koi dikkat nahi aayi..sahi chal raha hai sab.. Video is OK OK. Quality is same as this one -

Tumhare me koi issue hai kya?
    Writing CSE Mains 2016
  • Great. I just woke up and to my expectations all the mods and forumias employees are here going ga ga over greatness of their advertizer and that they are selling his course with full confidence in him. Looks like a classic celebrity endorsement dilemma.

And woahhhhh, what an extensive analysis by the forumias moderators and not by common individuals. This is exactly why i joined and commented on this open nexus.

Keep singing ur chokalingam song...ppl here are smart enough as not only me but many people have given their feedback on the video audio quality. Nothing against the teacher though.
    By your logic, you'd also mean that other comments about poor quality are also biased ? @saurabh5799
  • walsh said:

By your logic, you'd also mean that other comments about poor quality are also biased ? @saurabh5799

bhai i said that audio is clearly audible. it is perhaps a bit low (at least on my laptop), but every word is audible. also video quality is decent, problem was with flavido platform, but it looks like they have corrected it, i have not faced any difficulty for the past 2-3 days. also, even if video is of slightly lower quality on some connections, that is not an issue since he does not write anything on the board. for any student who is not interested in watching the face of the teacher in hd quality, the video quality should not be an issue. when i joined the course i was facing difficulty because it was taking a long time to buffer, but now that seems to be rectified. as far as content quality is concerned i am not the best person to comment on it since i am a new aspirant. but the teacher knows his subject, that is for sure. it would have been better had he given written notes, since that would have saved a lot of time.
  • walsh said:

Great. I just woke up and to my expectations all the mods and forumias employees are here going ga ga over greatness of their advertizer and that they are selling his course with full confidence in him. Looks like a classic celebrity endorsement dilemma.

also i think it is wrong to blame forumias employees, since when people were bashing byju's current affairs content no one came to their rescue. here @Neyawn 's comment looks like that of a person who knows what he is talking about.
  • @VivekJ2
    How did you download this video? Can they be downloaded?
    This video is diff than what I see..this seems to be a youtube platform and not flavido.

Chal kya rha hai boss. All sort of exerices being done to prove me biased and hide the obvious nexus of advertisers, forumias and flavido.
    Dont really have time for this and that too in 1st attemp. May be in next attempts I will have nothing to do that entering in confrontation.

I have said what I had to say to my fellow aspirants.

• Let it begin. Would become easy to recognize forum agents in future.
  • Neo Stencil needs a better marketing team! :D
  • edited May 2016
    walsh said:

@VivekJ2
    How did you download this video? Can they be downloaded?
    This video is diff than what I see..this seems to be a youtube platform and not flavido.

Chal kya rha hai boss. All sort of exerices being done to prove me biased and hide the obvious nexus of advertisers, forumias and flavido.
    Dont really have time for this and that too in 1st attemp. May be in next attempts I will have nothing to do that entering in confrontation.

I have said what I had to say to my fellow aspirants.

I didnt download it. I just embedded it bhai. This orinetation video is free and you can also see it. Video quality in paid program is also same as shown.

Today site was down for 30 minutes because of this thread.

yesterday there was some "network error" in lecture 3 in the evening , i called the customer care but after clearing browser it was working.
    Writing CSE Mains 2016
  • edited May 2016
    root said:

Hello @walsh @NeoStencil
    You are a known agent of Neostencil. I can confirm this based on IP.

wow, so disgusting that such companies engage in these unethical behaviours, and play with the lives of aspirants who are already so confused while preparing for the world's toughest exam. it would be good if mods here create a separate thread as announcement where all such exposed shenanigans are compiled, so that students can know which companies expose in these activities. this would discourage such acts, and help students make informed decisions.
  • edited May 2016
    root said:

Hello @walsh @NeoStencil

I am root / admin here.

Please see this

You are a known agent of Neostencil. I can confirm this based on IP.

User who have posted comments above are not ForumIAS employees. They are members and moderators.

We have warned before not to carry out your promotional activites on the Forum. We will terminate all Neostencil agent accounts on ForumIAS and make sure that you are blacklisted on ForumIAS for all future.

We will also remove all links posted by you on Forum if you keep doing such activities.

Our Mods are Not PAID employees. In fact some of our mods like @sananthan @John_Snow @mango_dolly @modernashoka @ are paid by the Govt of India and are in the services. And they are active moderators

Moderation is a voluntary job. Mods are nominated and selected from among members themselves.

As root I do not have powers to instruct them to promote or dispromote commercial entities. Everyone abides by the rules, but speak their own mind.

Please refrain from such activities. And do not fight with moderators.

Thank you!

wtf

bloody neostencil creating fake profiles and doing such things! assholes!

Aur bhai, jisko review chahiye.. lambi classes hain par acchhi hain..it is much better than contemporary issues of gs score - which is all gas. about 60% is gas.

even this is one is having gas, but gas is a bit less. Gas is maybe 15-20%

Gas matlab = idhar udar ki baatein.
    Writing CSE Mains 2016
  • edited May 2016
    aur main sala [content removed][abusive][mod warning] ki tarah soch raha tha ki yeh banda teacher ki burai karne ki jagah audio video ki baat kyun kara raha hai...

I thought he was genuine student!
    Writing CSE Mains 2016
  • Arey ye kya? Ye to KLPD ho gaya :lol:

Dusro ko badnaam karne aaye the khud hi badnaam ho gaye :lol:
  • @all
    please guide me how to join online or recorded classes for this teacher. If fees are reasonable then i may join.
    I liked the approach of teacher.

@walsh
    Bhai aapko jaroor koi galat misguide kiya hai.
  • edited May 2016
    neostencil ki [abusive content removed]
  • edited May 2016
    wah! wah bhai wah!

Neostencil [personal data removed]

Shame on you BTW. Khud ka dhandha chal nai raha hai to dusro ka bhi satyanaash karo.

Get lost from here seriously! :angry: :rage:
  • ye neostencil hai kya, pehli baar naam suna hai. IAS coachings ki bhi ek deep web hai, naye naye naam roz sunne ko milte hai
  • Maybe what you are saying is true but apne aaj hi forum join kiya,threads vi padh li,class vi le like,problem vi aagyi.......kuch to gadbad hai daya

:+1:
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog