Do you Still think optional brings Parity in CSE??

Hi @all ..marks for mains are out.. again it seems in few subjects people are not crossing even 200 marks mark while in others it is quite decent..more importantly marks of most people in public administration and Geography etc are decreasing year by year despite one year more and more reading and better understanding.. Do you still things that Optional brings parity??..Is this what you can call parity??..Don't you think optional should GO .. ?? Please share your views/ frustration regarding optional here .

PS- Please ek dusre pe gaali gloch krke is thread ko gndaa mt krna..Gentleman language m frustration ya support nikalo ..Thanks :( :)
Being IAS... 4 U Onlyyy... :-)

" Woods are lovely dark and deep..
But I have promises to keep..
And miles to go before I sleep.. before I sleep. " :)

#HumHongeKamyaabEkDin :)

Comments

• Hi @all ..marks for mains are out.. again it seems in few subjects people are not crossing even 200 marks mark while in others it is quite decent..more importantly marks of most people in public administration and Geography etc are decreasing year by year despite one year more and more reading and better understanding.. Do you still things that Optional brings parity??..Is this what you can call parity??..Don't you think optional should GO .. ?? Please share your views/ frustration regarding optional here .

PS- Please ek dusre pe gaali gloch krke is thread ko gndaa mt krna..Gentleman language m frustration ya support nikalo ..Thanks :( :)

Bhai is thread ka b wahi haal hoga jo baki thread ka hua hai... reservation... quota... caste..... salla upsc ki prep krne aaye hai ya politics krne!!!!!!
    Jo aaj tera hai ,wo kal mera hoga aur parso kisi aur ka ho jayega !!
  • Hi @all ..marks for mains are out.. again it seems in few subjects people are not crossing even 200 marks mark while in others it is quite decent..more importantly marks of most people in public administration and Geography etc are decreasing year by year despite one year more and more reading and better understanding.. Do you still things that Optional brings parity??..Is this what you can call parity??..Don't you think optional should GO .. ?? Please share your views/ frustration regarding optional here .

Bhai is thread ka b wahi haal hoga jo baki thread ka hua hai... reservation... quota... caste..... salla upsc ki prep krne aaye hai ya politics krne!!!!!!
    Let's c bro...if that happens then i request all @mods to immidiately delete or close this thread .. :)
    Being IAS... 4 U Onlyyy... :-)

" Woods are lovely dark and deep..
    And miles to go before I sleep.. before I sleep. " :)

#HumHongeKamyaabEkDin :)
  • By removing optionals , atleast one source of disparity can be removed.
  • Matlab hadd hi hogai... I have written 3 mains wid pud ad... When i decided to be wid this optional my friends advised me to not take it.... But i thought that i will surely get deacent marks wid hard work and perseverence.... 3 attempts n now still not able to touch 3 digits... Joined all test series mohanthy, vision, lukman....n performed well but still see the marks only in 190s i m totally devastated guys...... Although i dont have bad feelings for other optionals like geo to what u all say is difficult.. But atleast last year to pail ke num aae the geo mai..... Hum pub ad wale ab tak acche marks ke lie taras rae hai yaar... We shud do sumthing....

Ab hum already ye maan ke paper dene jaate hai ki kuxh bhi aae likhna hai.. More than 40 percent questions sune bhi no hote but still we attrnd other optionals wale to yaar ek baar mai hi bol uthe........

We shud do sumthing.. Changing optional will affect our gs preparation waha bhi har saal time dena hai acche score karne ke lie...

• One more year of wait before optional goes... But then new sources of disparity are rising... Ethics !! How does upsc decode who is good and who is bad??( marks wise)
  • Sources of disparity are many like ethics,optional like socio pub ad pol sc in which ppr 2 is very vague...and ofcourse interview which is also very subjective....
  • At present tremendous amount of subjectivity ingrained in whole exam pattern from mains to interview. Best thing forward can be making mains paper 50% objective plus limiting the range of marks awarded in interview
  • At present the condition is like, two candidates having 740 in written, with one making to top 50 and the other not even in merit list thanks to their interview marks. Now is this some joke going on?
  • I feel more than optional it is the interview which brings a great element of arbritrainess in the whole thing.
  • @cassius and @abynav yes i hv my wrttn tot 721 and in interview just 124....many peopl below my wriitn got selected...and am out if list i spite of getting good writtn marks
  • Interview is just random and arbitrary
  • Let me give the data to show disparity of optional:
    ny friend got 294 from sociology
    Many of my frnds got 275+ from math........
    I have not found a single person who got more than 250 in geography!!!!!! 230 is exceptional score in geography this year
  • Don't you think optional should GO .. ??

Bhai mujhe ek banda dikha deh jo kahe ki optionals should not go ... everyone agrees except the authorities .. point kya iss thread ka ?

btw it is more than one year ... according to a response baswan committee had sent to a query (someone put up the snapshot here) regarding changes in exam pattern ... they said no changes in 2016 and according to them none in 2017 either ... their recc are for 2018 onwards ... baki govt par hai ki kab kya karti hai
Sign In or Join to comment.

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google