Anthropology paper 2

Can anyone please provide some guidance for paper 2? Will reading Nadeem Hasnain for tribal part be enough? From where should I read the archeology part? Which parts are very important and which are not? How much time will paper 2 take? Further addition from your side will be welcomed.

Also, I have a doubt in paper 1. I can't find the material for uncle-niece marriage...and what are the types of family from the perspectives of structure and blood relations?

Comments

• Can anyone please provide some guidance for paper 2? Will reading Nadeem Hasnain for tribal part be enough? From where should I read the archeology part? Which parts are very important and which are not? How much time will paper 2 take? Further addition from your side will be welcomed.

Also, I have a doubt in paper 1. I can't find the material for uncle-niece marriage...and what are the types of family from the perspectives of structure and blood relations?

Hi

Nadeem Hasnain is good for the tribal part but due to the dynamic nature of paper 2 you will have to try and think of varying types of questions that can come in this paper especially keeping in mind recent developments.

I have covered the archaeology part from Braintree and Muniratnam notes, there is a book by V K Jain prehistory and protohistory of India that can be referred if time permits. I would suggest you refer to previous years papers to model your study according to the demands of questions.

Paper -2 has to be covered carefully as it has more variations than paper 1 so I would advise you to give equal importance to all parts.

It should not take more than 1 and a half months of dedicated study.

For Uncle Niece marriage I have referred to the internet.

Family structure Nuclear, Sub-Nuclear, Broken, Nuclear Family with Dependants, Polygynous Family, Polyandrous Family, Extended and Joint

I don't have an idea about the blood relations part, could you elaborate a bit?

Live Life. Regret Nothing.
  • Hello
    I would like to discuss about anthro with anyone who interested.
  • For socio-cultural anthropology a book by n k vaid- in search of ourselves is quite enough. For archiology if u r not writting this year mains then go for D K Bhattacharya otherwise keep a short source like Nadeem husnain etc. :)
  • I have dump of anthropology material at very reasonable price
    The dump consists of
    1) Brain tree
    2) Munniratnam written notes
    3) Sosin madam written notes
    4) IAS mentors written notes
    5) Q & A previous years
    6) Q & A Braintree (Karthik sir)
    7) IGNOU
    The entire material is available at 700 rs
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog