Navy’s MiG-29K to take on France’s Rafale-M off Goa China’s GDP grows at 6.4% in Q1,defies expectations slowdown China unmoved by U.S. bid to discuss Masood Azhar in UNSC Madras High Court upholds President’s decision to cancel Vellore poll Chenchus believe the fox ushers in fortune

ForumIAS Academy Student Minal from Delhi University's St. Stephens Secures Rank 35 - First Batch of ForumIAS Foundation Program Click here to download her copies and notes
IMPORTANT: ForumIAS Discuss is now LIVE. You can visit it at discuss.forumias.com

We are hiring!

Want to leave Smoking ASAP

edited April 2016 in Miscellaneous
Bhaion Smoking chhodna hai please kuch batao yaar,..

Prelims -Bohot baar Mains- bohot baar Interview - Kabhi nahi

Comments

• Read a book called the easy way.
    Trust me it works. :)
    Worked for me. No removal pangs etc.
  • Start running. And when you are at your last round, gasping for breath and barely able to talk, imagine what cigarette has done to your lungs, then you will smoke less. Keep a target to achieve for running, say 30 mins 5 Km and keeping increasing it, you will automatically think twice before smoking. This will have dual benefits.
    IRTS (2015), ITS (2014).
  • try kwiknik

• Everytime you feel like smoking, eat a chocolate.
    Try this for 2-3 days and you will see the difference.
    When life gives you lemons, make lemonade :)
  • Bhaion Smoking chhodna hai please kuch batao yaar,..

Ghar walon ko bta do guaranteed chut jayegi with minimum effort and time.. :D
  • Listen to music when you feel the need to smoke.Worked for me but it is a long process.Took me over an year to get rid of it.
    CSE 2016 Indian Police Service ( IPS )

CSE 2017 Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
  • left few years back...after seeing chain smokers....in one word...it finishes your personality...think of this and maybe you can leave it!
    indian police service

कोई चुनाव मत करिए. जीवन को ऐसे अपनाइए जैसे वो अपनी समग्रता में है
  • edited April 2016
    amit_m said:

left few years back...after seeing chain smokers....in one word...it finishes your personality...think of this and maybe you can leave it!

No wonder you quit smoking. Btw - 4 words.

A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
    https://www.facebook.com/jaime.kngslyr.1
    contactjaime123@gmail.com
    twitter @contactjaime123
    My Book https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07B2N695F
  • quality maintain करते हुए quantity घटाते जाय।
    कुछ समय बाद यह अपने आप घट कर zero हो जायेगा।
    अचानक गहरी आदत को छोङना कभी कभी नुकसानकारी हो जाता है।
  • Go to home and spend quality time with family such as watching tv, gossip,working at home, small tour if possible etc....
    No other place is more purer than house..u have to do nothing and u will get rid of it...i mean much less efforts req to quit smoking and chances of success are more :)
    # worked for me
    2 months no smoking
  • Use alternate nicotine supplements like chewing tobacco.

I left it 4 years ago.I thing this is the toughest thing in life.

If U start chewing tobacco than after 3 to 4 months your lungs will start to recover & it will be nearly 100% perfect by 1 year.But after 4 to 5 years you may start with a bit(small)problem within your mouth.but as your mouth problem U can see , so it will be easier to handle than any problem in lungs as U cant see your lungs.

*** Although I believe , leaving the habit of masturbation is far more important than smoking.as it ruins our health and energy like hell.In early 20s you will not recognize it but when U approach towards 30 , you will definitely fill it.

Masturbation is perhaps the most significant problem for Indian youth today,than any other things like cigarette,drugs or alcohol.& this habit widely spread ed across big or small cities , villages,across religion or cast & class.
    I have jumped from cigarette to masturbation as I think stopping this habit will definitely improve your performance in upsc or in any field.
  • Tension matlo.... UPSC clear nahi hua tih waise bhi affordable nahi rahegi kuch time baad
  • bdon said:

Go to home and spend quality time with family such as watching tv, gossip,working at home, small tour if possible etc....
    No other place is more purer than house..u have to do nothing and u will get rid of it...i mean much less efforts req to quit smoking and chances of success are more :)
    # worked for me
    2 months no smoking

+1

6 months no smoking.

Karma - the Panacea
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our IFoS Toppers
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1) | Read His Story
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) | Read Her Story
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) | Watch His Interview
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) | Watch His Interview

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google