I am aspiring to give CSE-2014.
I have read almost every thing on internet that can help me in my preparation (devoted last 20 days on it).
i have concluded that
"Note making" + "excellent command over GS(for pre/mains)" + "regular revision" is the key to success in CSE.
I shall be making "hand written notes only" as it would help me in
a) maintaining my writing speed
b) practicing writing the answers
c) practicing writing my answers in good handwriting
All my notes would be "handwritten" only !
The (analytic/dynamic) part of notes(for pre+mains GS) would be from the same source.
Those sources are namely
1) Newspaper/ feedly.com (The Hindu newspaper + the editorials from Indian Express + articles of some well known experts)
2) Government websites (for international relations, environment and biodiversity, science and technology, culture, economy et cetera)
3) Yojana (for the govt. schemes and case studies)
4) Kurukshetra (for the rural development)
5) Civil Services Times (monthly magazine, for enriching my notes made from the newspaper)
6) Economic and Political Weekly (monthly magazine, for enriching my notes made from the newspaper)
7) Frontline (monthly magazine, for enriching my notes made from the newspaper)
I would distinguish between the notes by writing them under different headings such as pre, mains , follow up etc. by underlining the facts
the above strategy of mine would help me in GS(pre+mains)+interview= 1575 marks.
the notes under the prelims and mains heading would be
a) pointwise (extensive in nature)
b) in paragraph/synopsis form (intensive in nature, my own opinion)
I would also try to write my opinion/comments under the news in the news website.
i have decided to do weekly, monthly and periodic, introspection over my strategy which would be followed by a mock test(weekly, CSAT level).
before starting my preparation for above mentioned GS, i would try to make my fundamentals strong over the sub-topics of GS(economy, polity, international relations, E&B, S&T, yearbook, history, geography), by reading NCERT text book for the relevant sub topic.
So there are two requests which I want to put in front of the fellow members of the forum are
1) is my above strategy to get good command over GS, right ?
2) should I take up my preparation of the optional subject (most probably 'history or geography' ) after the notification for CSE-2014 ?
I shall be thankful if you encourage me by replying to this question and pointing out any flaw(if any) in my strategy.
thanks for reading