ANSWER WRITING GROUP (AWG) 2019
ForumIAS AWG 2019 Entrance Exam will be held on 8th June | 9 AM.   CLICK HERE to know more and apply.
Ethics+ Batch 2 for CSE 2019
Starts 12th June, 2019Register Here
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

Does having Flat foot lead to rejection for Indian Forest Service?

Friends...i have flat foot ...should i prepare for forest services or will i get rejected..i need to decide now as i will plan my optionals accordingly.
I AINT GOT TIME TO BLEED !

Comments

  • Flat foot will be rejected as far as i know since requirement for ifos is same as that of IPS in which flat foot is a strict no!!
  • CAESAR said:

    Friends...i have flat foot ...should i prepare for forest services or will i get rejected..i need to decide now as i will plan my optionals accordingly.

    I am not sure about whether flat foot is a criteria for rejection in IFS or now, but I do know people in IPS who are complete flat foot, and have not been rejected.

    But the doctors do warn you that with a flat foot, do not expect to have a painless parade and all that. You wont be able to run long distances without causing pain to your foot.

    I am partial flatfoot.
    *No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |
  • thanks all of you.

    @Neyawn

    thanks for reply...i m also partial flat foot but i have alwez won running competetions in my schools and colleges,most of the times first position,i generally run 2 kms daily...and have walked 30 kms in stretch many times.

    what do u suggest?shud i go for forest prep? i know that flat foot is checked in IfOs but dont know wether it can be a ground for rejection.even in cse my first prefernce is iPS.i learnt about this flat foot issue few days back from forestry thread.
    I AINT GOT TIME TO BLEED !

  • i wonder if they will reject someone who has put so much hard work just because he has flat foot. :s its sort of na-insaafi.
    I AINT GOT TIME TO BLEED !

  • CAESAR said:

    i wonder if they will reject someone who has put so much hard work just because he has flat foot. :s its sort of na-insaafi.

    +1 :s
  • Bhai better to focus on cse..have given ifs interview this year where many ppl told its a ground of rejection..and also unnecessarily you will spoil your cse chances by focussing more on ifs when no one knows wat will b outcome during medical test.
    SDM :UP-2015
  • vasu said:

    Bhai better to focus on cse..have given ifs interview this year where many ppl told its a ground of rejection..and also unnecessarily you will spoil your cse chances by focussing more on ifs when no one knows wat will b outcome during medical test.

    +1 You can go by above advice. Thanks @vasu !

    @vip has also cleared IFS and has some experience. @vip Can you help @CAESAR who has been deserted by Brutus :)
    *No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |
  • i cured my flat foot in 6 months time..though not aiming at ifos..i had issues in long distance running. Visit some sports med specialist. And never ever go in for ortho aids..they further aggravate the issue. Unless it is a severe anatomic problem...it can be cured by toning the muscles by walking barefoot and foot exercises.
  • edited March 2016
    vasu said:

    Bhai better to focus on cse..have given ifs interview this year where many ppl told its a ground of rejection..and also unnecessarily you will spoil your cse chances by focussing more on ifs when no one knows wat will b outcome during medical test.

    thanks brother.

    @Neyawn
    had a chat with @VIP earlier...he said medical is generally cool but no one can assure anything..so i created this thread.

    btw its not onnly brutus (ifs) that is deserting...even Calpurnia (ips) :( btw Thanks a lot :)
    I AINT GOT TIME TO BLEED !

  • MISSION said:

    i cured my flat foot in 6 months time..though not aiming at ifos..i had issues in long distance running. Visit some sports med specialist. And never ever go in for ortho aids..they further aggravate the issue. Unless it is a severe anatomic problem...it can be cured by toning the muscles by walking barefoot and foot exercises.

    hi Mission Possible...if u can please tell how did u do it.what sort of exercises are needed?
    I AINT GOT TIME TO BLEED !

  • There is absolutely no way you will be rejected merely on the basis of a flat foot. Even the army does not reject; provided you are able to do the required pft.
  • There is absolutely no way you will be rejected merely on the basis of a flat foot. Even the army does not reject; provided you are able to do the required pft.

    That does sound logical!

    Prelims - 3 | Mains - 2 | Interview - 1
  • There is absolutely no way you will be rejected merely on the basis of a flat foot. Even the army does not reject; provided you are able to do the required pft.

    Thanks a lot... i cant even ask u "are u sure" the way u have put it forward. :)
    I AINT GOT TIME TO BLEED !

  • Hi I don't have testicles in scortum. But I have testicles in upper part . I'm I eligible for IFOS as well as IPS? Please clarify because I'm planning to start preparation for IFOS.

    Thanks. @vasu @DoctorHouse @Neyawn
    Sarvejana Sukhino Bhavanthu
  • @ramrahimrobert i think u should take the medical standards of these services and discuss with a doctor. He might give better insight.
  • @CAESAR see a sports physio..he can guide u best depending upon severity of issue. Mine was due to muscle weakness. Try rolling a towel inwards with ur toes, while keeping ur heels on ground. Walk barefoot..as much as u can and totally avoid footwear with a curved heel pad..esp in case of sports shoes. If u run regularly or do any other workout which involves stamping on feet, be very careful. Run or stamp on ur toes and not on whole feet. Also for 10 min daily, do heel raises..while standing..keeping ur toes at one place. These are some good ones..that can bring an arch to foot..but still see a physio :)
  • On a side note,my height is 162cms. Am i ellible for IFos?
  • On a side note,my height is 162cms. Am i ellible for IFos?

    Physical fitness requirement for the technical services

    Height:Male candidate’s height should be 165 cm. Female candidate’s height should be 150 cm

    Chest:Male Candidates 84 cm & expansion 5 cm. Female Candidates 79 cm & expansion 5 cm

    Eye sight: 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.
  • No rejection in forest services due to flat foot.But ,it is there for IPS and other technical services.
  • edited March 2016

    On a side note,my height is 162cms. Am i ellible for IFos?

    No your NOT eligible unless you from certain races or girl.
    Mind it height is STRICT.Previous cases in Candidate vs MOEF has led to rejection of case by SC.
    Minimum height requirement for male candidates is 163cm.
  • yaar height is variable.... in morning we are 2-3 cm taller than at the end of the day.....so how can they be so strict regarding height and that too for 1 cm concerned
  • MISSION said:

    @CAESAR see a sports physio..he can guide u best depending upon severity of issue. Mine was due to muscle weakness. Try rolling a towel inwards with ur toes, while keeping ur heels on ground. Walk barefoot..as much as u can and totally avoid footwear with a curved heel pad..esp in case of sports shoes. If u run regularly or do any other workout which involves stamping on feet, be very careful. Run or stamp on ur toes and not on whole feet. Also for 10 min daily, do heel raises..while standing..keeping ur toes at one place. These are some good ones..that can bring an arch to foot..but still see a physio :)

    Thanks mission...wil do so.
    I AINT GOT TIME TO BLEED !

  • Thallesemia (intermedia ) patients are eligible for Ifos?
  • Flat foot rejection is mainly depends upon doctor.....i had the same problem and all my relatives(doctors) and also a doctor of orn confirmed my flat foot...but the doctor in medical examination for AC-CAPF cleared me....so I think it depends upon doctor....
  • I have flatfoot condition. I have attended medicals in 2014 cse. They rejected me not only for ips, railway protection and two other posts. (I dont remember exactly which). Is flatfoot a curable condition? I heard that it is hereditary and anatomical in nature. Please provide any information on how to change the condition.
    And, what is meant by partial flatfoot?
    Anthropology. Hyderabad
  • @delta5one bhai totally curable hai..i had since birth..came to know only when i had pain in sole on running. See a good physio..it will take max 6 months. :)
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google