Navy’s MiG-29K to take on France’s Rafale-M off Goa China’s GDP grows at 6.4% in Q1,defies expectations slowdown China unmoved by U.S. bid to discuss Masood Azhar in UNSC Madras High Court upholds President’s decision to cancel Vellore poll Chenchus believe the fox ushers in fortune

ForumIAS Academy Student Minal from Delhi University's St. Stephens Secures Rank 35 - First Batch of ForumIAS Foundation Program Click here to download her copies and notes
IMPORTANT: ForumIAS Discuss is now LIVE. You can visit it at discuss.forumias.com

We are hiring!

Appearing in 2017, Is this sufficient?

I found out that some things in Ramesh Singh are not explained properly like APMC act is not discussed in detail. Infrastructure is poorly explained. I'm updating my notes with the help of mrunal archives. I've heard that vaji and sri ram notes are good but i do not have any access to them. I'm talking about static part here. is ramesh and mrunal sufficient for static part of eco.

Also i have few doubts. It would be kindful of you if you can help me out with these:

1. Should i start updating my notes with current affairs at this stage or wait a few more months. I read the Hindu but do not make notes out of it.
2. When should i start practising answer writing?
3. I'm preparing alone. I don't know anyone who's preparing. No one in family ever appeared. So i have decided to join coaching. I'm planning to leave culture and ethics part for now. How much i need to cover before joining classes. Can i complete this part during coaching from the scratch?

Comments

• Well done, you already have prepared many things. This head start will surely benefit you. Just keep in my to keep revising the notes which you have made, else you will forget everything because 2017 is a long time away.
    1) Reading newspaper and making notes is always beneficial... you can start it
    2) Same goes fr answer writing
    3) It depends on how much time you have before joining coaching, which coaching are you goin to join, when would its classes end... You can leave ethics ryt now if you want because anyway its mainly answer writing skill and general knowledge... very less stuff from which you can prepare.
  • 1) 2017 means you still have about one and half years. Pheww! If you maintain this, you may well crack the exam on your first attempt. Keep it up.

Update the Hindu Notes from December, 2016. You can do it now if you have time. But the notes will be too bulky and you wont be able to revise.

2) Join some test series once you finish the Mains syllabus and before Feb end -2017, finish it.

3) Whatever you have done is more than enough. You can join coaching now.

Hope u r doing Optional too. All the best Good Fella.
    IRTS (2015), ITS (2014).
  • Thank you very much @GreyMatterRules I'm thinking of joining classes this June/July. I'm not revising right now. I'll give some time to revision too.
  • @JohnSnow I've decided history as my optional. Didn't revise since i made notes but i'll start revising soon. Thank you very much
  • good fella, with this preparation you can think of appearing this year also
  • is ramesh and mrunal sufficient for static part of eco?
  • edited February 2016

is ramesh and mrunal sufficient for static part of eco?

NCERTs !

Karma - the Panacea
  • I'm preparing for 2017. I have decided to complete static part first. I completed NCERTs. After that i picked up Bipan Chandra and completed it and made notes out of it. After that i did selected chapters from India Since Independence and made notes. Similarly i made notes from Norman Lowe World History. I did all arc reports. I find Laxmikanth a bit of troublesome, so i read it daily. I decided to start Indian Economy. I found out that things some things in Ramesh Singh are not explained properly like APMC act is not discussed in detail. Infrastructure is poorly explained. I'm updating my notes with the help of mrunal archives. I've heard that vaji and sri ram notes are good but i do not have any access to them. I'm talking about static part here. is ramesh and mrunal sufficient for static part of eco.

Also i have few doubts. It would be kindful of you if you can help me out with these:

1. Should i start updating my notes with current affairs at this stage or wait a few more months. I read the Hindu but do not make notes out of it.
    2. When should i start practising answer writing?
    3. I'm preparing alone. I don't know anyone who's preparing. No one in family ever appeared. So i have decided to join coaching. I'm planning to leave culture and ethics part for now. How much i need to cover before joining classes. Can i complete this part during coaching from the scratch?

with such preparation u can appear this year too...u have really covered a lot fellas
  • @Good_Fella preparing for 2016, but tumhari preparation dekh k paseene chhoot gae... well keep building
    इस बात पर मुझे हँसना चाहिए।

Hobbies: Reading and Writing | Listening to Ghazals
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our IFoS Toppers
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1) | Read His Story
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) | Read Her Story
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) | Watch His Interview
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) | Watch His Interview

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google