Navy’s MiG-29K to take on France’s Rafale-M off Goa China’s GDP grows at 6.4% in Q1,defies expectations slowdown China unmoved by U.S. bid to discuss Masood Azhar in UNSC Madras High Court upholds President’s decision to cancel Vellore poll Chenchus believe the fox ushers in fortune

ForumIAS Academy Student Minal from Delhi University's St. Stephens Secures Rank 35 - First Batch of ForumIAS Foundation Program Click here to download her copies and notes
IMPORTANT: ForumIAS Discuss is now LIVE. You can visit it at discuss.forumias.com

We are hiring!

JNU - A University for Dividing India..?? Pakistan Jindabad Hindustan Murdabad chants in JNU

edited February 2016 in Polity & Governance
very recently when kashmir was called for a Bandh in protest of Afzal guru's hanging anniversary. JNU students the elite bright minds of india held a seminar in JNU calling for a pro pakistan rally also. Why these students who were chanting Pakistan Zindabad and Hindustan murdabad should not be charged with sedition..!!

they are saying they have fundamental rights to express their views. and if someone stops them they say freedom to expression is being mulled upon..!!

what is this right to freedom of expression..!! does it gives you the right to abuse the country and fellow countrymen

http://zeenews.india.com/news/videos/top-stories/jnu-students-call-terrorist-afzal-guru-a-martyr-amid-anti-nationalist-slogans_1854104.html

Man is sometimes extraordinarily, passionately, in love with suffering.

Comments

• edited February 2016
    Modifying a very famous dialogue of Sholay, to describe the current situation-

"Yahan se 50-50 kos dur, jab bhi kisi gaon mein koi baccha JNU/Left/Congress/AAP ki burai karta hai to uski ma use samjhati hai, 'Beta, intolerant mat ban, warna Aamir Khan bhaag jayega/Rahul Gandhi or Kejriwal aa jayega' " :D

Trans: Many kilometers from here, whenever a child criticizes JNU/Left/congress/AAP, his mother tells him,"My son, don't be intolerant otherwise Aamir Khan would run away/Rahul Gandhi or Kejriwal would come here". (This just killed the whole essence of the dialogue :P)

PS: I don't want a debate on ideologies, please laugh/ignore and move on. Don't be 'intolerant'.
    Don't go gently into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
  • Jaha JN lag jaye waha probs honi hi hai...be it kashmir issue or university ;)
    कसूर ना उनका है ना मेरा, हम दोनो रिश्तों की रसमें निभाते रहे;वो दोस्ती का एहसास जताते रहे, हम मोहबत को दिल में छुपाते रहे।
    @summum bonum
  • Aap log shayad jnu leftist student se nahi mile honge me mila hu bhai unase bat karke aspko taras aur gussa ek sath aayega, taras es liye ki bechare berozgar logo ka dimag kis tarah kharab ho sakta hai isaka idea lag jayega, har bat ko historical example dekar rate rataye words ko tepeat karte rahate hai, gussa es bat ki wo khud freedom of expression ki bat karte hai lekin agar aap thodha bhi unade akag bat kijiyega to wo itane violent ho jate hai mano wo apka kam tamam kar de
  • Govt should rehabilitate these students
  • bhai jnu is a den of anti national
  • they should be hanged till death...
    Sirf IAS
    2014: Interview
    2015: Waiting For The Mains Result
  • @mod make this thread as an announcement,
    Sirf IAS
    2014: Interview
    2015: Waiting For The Mains Result
  • imurpriya said:

they should be hanged till death...

A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
    https://www.facebook.com/jaime.kngslyr.1
    contactjaime123@gmail.com
    twitter @contactjaime123
    My Book https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07B2N695F
  • Jutte maro saalo ko.
    Sincerity, Dedication, Honesty
  • Hindustan me ek chota Pakistan hai JNU
  • edited February 2016
    unfortunately no one replied to the query.. :(

does the Right to expression gives you the right to abuse someone and does the right allows you to undermine the integrity of the country..!!
    if yes then what why should this right be not nullified..!! if no then what is the alternative to deal with situations like this..!!

it is very unfortunate that this kind of incident is happening in the institute which has produced brilliant academicians professors and numerous scholars who have worked very hard work to make this country a better place.
    Man is sometimes extraordinarily, passionately, in love with suffering.
  • Manne sahi karya jnu ne jakar.but my best frnd is jnuite but not leftist.imo ideological issues r for humanities not for sciences
  • What's so elite and what's so bright about those Not so young chaps..

• Our survival instinct is our single greatest source of inspiration. - Dr. Mann

• Our survival instinct is our single greatest source of inspiration. - Dr. Mann
  • edited February 2016
    One of the greatest mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results
  • meanwhile a message from mao

Our survival instinct is our single greatest source of inspiration. - Dr. Mann
  • hitler was right in his views on communism,it is really a cancer to the society :s
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
  • where is Arundhati Roy nowadays?
    Our survival instinct is our single greatest source of inspiration. - Dr. Mann
  • edited February 2016
    Jawaharlal Nehru University is an elite university and its ideology should be nurtured, if not for any other reason then on this that it provides variety in thought process in society. Communism may have failed as state model but neo-liberalism has not vindicated itself in flying colours. The impact of communism is visible everywhere in world where from lassiez-faire government the move begun to welfare state.

As per few anti-national sloganeering students - best way to deal with is to ignore them. Those students must be feeling slighted how ASA in UoH managed to hijack social crusade platform from JNU. And this is just desperate attempt by them to gain publicity. Remember there is no bad publicity as exemplified by honorable CM of Delhi.
  • @Woodpecker one small question related to this thing only.. is honouring godse justified?? as you spoke about freedom of speech.
    It is Job Hi Karwalo .. not Jo Bhi Karwalo.... mind it
  • unfortunately no one replied to the query.. :(

does the Right to expression gives you the right to abuse someone and does the right allows you to undermine the integrity of the country..!!
    if yes then what why should this right be not nullified..!! if no then what is the alternative to deal with situations like this..!!

it is very unfortunate that this kind of incident is happening in the institute which has produced brilliant academicians professors and numerous scholars who have worked very hard work to make this country a better place.

shouting xyz murdaabad ; where xyz = country'name
    not standing up for national anthem
    support views of people waging war against state
    hoisting flag of a hostile country / state / ideology

an offence is more likely at these tendencies where the nation-state is still nascent, we are only 6 decades (analogous to years in human age?) old; we need at least a century of peaceful existence as to be strong enough to tolerate freedom of expression
    इस बात पर मुझे हँसना चाहिए।

Hobbies: Reading and Writing | Listening to Ghazals
  • edited February 2016

JNU students the elite bright minds of india held a seminar in JNU

elite bright minds bhai good one yaar
    aise jokes agar roz post karoge toh CSE preparation ka stress khatam ho jayega sabka

JNU and a famous social institute based in Mumbai, are one of the most leftist places in India
    I had brief stint and interaction with the students of these institutes
    They have highly ignorant attitude and regularly disregard the efforts of as country/state ( Govts both contemporary and historical Govts) as a whole
    They will keep on criticizing each and everything done by state ( some even will extend their criticism to 1947)
    they became an ideological bookworm to an extent just keen on propelling the idealist questions
    They will disregard even the institute and professors, let's say if any professor interfere on (as a logical person) to these so called study circles --> they will claim professor is restricting their liberity
    all the logical professors and students keep distance from them
    sane students call them pseudo-idealists :expressionless:
    The Law of Detachment - be equanimous to both victories and defeats
  • No right to expression is not absolute but qualified by the factors mentioned within the Constitution itself....and also one has to remain in maryaada while exercising his/her right to expression. I have not sold my soul to any ideology but still I would like to say that even it is legal , it is ethically and morally wrong when whole world is trying to fend of this menace of terrorism , holding such pro terrorist rally is back stabbing .
    Regarding ur 2nd query I think some best institution do produce fair share of zealots and nuts so do the not so good institutions produce best talent.
  • which kashmir's independence they want ?kashmir is land of kashmiri pandits and named and settled by rishi kashyap.all those residing there demanding freedom should see their roots and surnames bhatt raina wani matto etc they are converted pandits...who is nehru to say plebiscite in 1948 in all india radio. maharaja hari singh acceded j&k with india..matter finish.which plebiscite they want bring back exiled 7 lac kashmiri pandits back in kashmir then demand azaadi..jnu is a fcked up university run by leftists moron commies dogs..time to act and rusticate them idiots really my blood boiled the moment i heard this..guys plz call home ministry or hrd ministry to act..plz
  • TonyStark said:

where is Arundhati Roy nowadays?

R u talking about medusa headed Susana ....the one who once said Maoists are real defender of Constitution on National TV. :D
  • edited February 2016

unfortunately no one replied to the query.. :(

an offence is more likely at these tendencies where the nation-state is still nascent, we are only 6 decades (analogous to years in human age?) old; we need at least a century of peaceful existence as to be strong enough to tolerate freedom of expression
    Are you kidding me? How much liberty one want? People only want right. These people were reciting a poem, 'Bharat ki barbadi tak nahi rukenge nahi rukenge', does your Freedom of expression entitles you to do this? Wow
    that's why i said we need at least 100 years of peace, when we can think of tolerating such speech. may b on lines of singapore?

p.s. we haven't had even a decade of sound peace
    इस बात पर मुझे हँसना चाहिए।

Hobbies: Reading and Writing | Listening to Ghazals
  • unfortunately no one replied to the query.. :(

Are you kidding me? How much liberty one want? People only want right. These people were reciting a poem, 'Bharat ki barbadi tak nahi rukenge nahi rukenge', does your Freedom of expression entitles you to do this? Wow
    Both of u r saying same thing...still disagreement :D
  • लोकतंत्र की एक खासियत होती है कि इसमें आप जिस विचारधारा को चाहें उसको अपना सकते हैं...
    आप दक्षिणपंथी हो सकते हैं, वामपंथी हो सकते हैं, केंद्रीय विचारधारा के हो सकते हैं, उदारवादी हो सकते हैं, रूढ़िवादी हो सकते हैं, यहाँ तक कि आप सीमित रूप से फासीवादी भी हो सकते हैं...
    लेकिन...
    आप राष्ट्रविरोधी विचारधारा को वाक् एवं अभिव्यक्ति की आड़ में प्रचारित एवं प्रसारित नहीं कर सकते...
    किसी भी व्यक्ति को कोई हक नहीं है कि याकूब मैमन या फिर अफज़ल गुरु जैसे लोगों को (जिन्होंने राष्ट्रद्रोह का कार्य किया हो) "शहीद" बुलायें...
    जे०एन०यू० अब एक शिक्षण संस्थान नहीं रह गया है...
    यह एक राष्ट्रविरोधी विचारधारा को बढ़ाने का अड्डा बन चुका है...
    अगर अफज़ल गुरु को शहीद बनाने का प्रयास किया जायेगा, तो ऐसी विचारधारा न सिर्फ देश बल्कि लोकतंत्र के लिए भी खतरा है...
    मेरे अनुसार अब वक्त आ गया है, जब ऐसी विचारधारा को प्रोत्साहित करने वाले लोगों के विरुद्ध कड़ी कार्यवाही की जानी चाहिए...
    इन लोगों के विरुद्ध राष्ट्रद्रोह का मुकदमा दर्ज किया जाये और एक संदेश साफ-साफ दिया जाये कि छात्र हो छात्र बनकर ही रहो और अगर वो नहीं बन सकते तो फिर अंजाम भुगतने के लिए तैयार रहो...
    * अगर मेरी बात से सहमत न हों, तो कोई दिक्कत नहीं है...
    जब बात राष्ट्र की एकता और अखण्डता की हो, तो सहमति के कोई मायने नहीं रह जाते...

- नकली चाणक्य उवाच
    - नकली चाणक्य उवाच
  • My gf got into jnu in 2015...by hearing nd seeing such activities m worried ki kahin voh bhi in jaiso ki tarah na ho jaye.. :/
This discussion has been closed.
Success Stories from Our IFoS Toppers
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1) | Read His Story
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) | Read Her Story
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) | Watch His Interview
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) | Watch His Interview

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google