SC to hear petition to end write-offs Chemists and druggists are passe;from now, all will be pharmacies As UK climate protest grows, Emma Thompson, teen joins in India warns IMF against fresh bailout for Pakistan Cases of measles show alarming rise, warns WHO

ForumIAS Academy Student Minal from Delhi University's St. Stephens Secures Rank 35 - First Batch of ForumIAS Foundation Program Click here to download her copies and notes
IMPORTANT: ForumIAS Discuss is now LIVE. You can visit it at discuss.forumias.com

We are hiring!

DSP in state Vs Asst. Commandant in CISF....which one is better?

edited March 2016 in Miscellaneous
Please compare both in terms of promotion, political pressure , perks and facilities etc

Comments

• which state DSP?
  • Dsp in state
    1.) State level group b service
    2.) Authority and freedom is almost zero
    3) work profile is quite good
    4) political pressure always
    5) promotion depends upon your relationship with political leaders and seniors
    6) good accommodation
    7) perks will be same as sdm
    8) promotion upto dig( that too in rare case)

Ac in cisf
    1) central group a service so plz don't compare with dsp of state
    2)authority and freedom quite good because seniors interference is less and no political local disturbances
    3)work profile is techno manegerial and quite versatile
    4) political pressure not at AC's level but it is at supreme level for sure
    5)promotion quite slow as compared to other CAPF's but you can't compare it with dsp afterall its a group a service so you will always be way ahead
    6) good accommodation
    7) perks will be same as IAS newly recruit
    8)promotion upto dig in CAPF level for sure
    May 94 born
    Ex - Assistant commandant (ITBP)
  • @AK16 . It depends on which state one gets to be a DSP. In some states the DSPs are not having that much power and authority, but there are states where the DSPs are powerful and have immense social prestige and repect due to regular social interaction with the civilians. I have recently been selected as a Dy. SP in the state of West Bengal, and here the the police are powerful and have immense respect in the eyes of the people. Promotions are good, with one becoming an IPS within 12-13 years of service, plus becoming an SP/DCP/Commandant level officer by completion of 15 years of service. 'All' officers here generally go up till the rank of SSP, while many become DIGs. There are many seniors who have become IG rank officers as well. Accomodation facilities are good. Political pressure will be there, but one needs to deal with these basic things whether one joins in the Executive branch or in the Police branch. I cannot comment on what the situation is in other states, but in WB, its all good for the police department.
  • edited January 2016
    DYSPs in Karnataka are group A officers.

Political pressure present and soon u will learn how to tackle pressure.
    most dysps opt for private accomodation.
    U can reach upto IG and DIG posts as vacancy is abundant in IPS.one officer recently retired as ADGP in Karnataka.

Let me narrate u an incident,my father works in royal orchid hotel in Karnataka and the incident took place there.
    A group of middle aged men came to hotel and boozed but didn't pay the bill and escaped.
    A case was registered in nearest police station and accused were nabbed in another district but those people called SP of that district and gave the phone to head constable who led the police team ,sp told him not do anything to them,now the head constable called his SHO who in turn called the sp ,sp politely asked sorry to sho.money was recovered from them +police treatment.In the phone sHo told to sp that he will call IGP and let him decide the case...

If u are doing good work nobody can stop u.

who said there is no autonomy ,there is ample scope for doing good work and also scope for amassing crores...most state service officers have good political contacts koi uska kuch nahi kar sakta.

U can got to state administrative tribunals for abritrary actions against you.

I don't want to say a single word about CAPF...its not that good.aasman zameen ka farq hey.
    Many CAPF officers have resigned and joined as security officers in psus and banks and private security organizations.
    Zero family life.

DYSP has far far far better life and promotional aspects.My friend's fatherowns a 75 lakh rupees bmw car he is dysp in Karnataka police.

• DYSPs in Karnataka are group A officers.

U can reach upto IG and DIG posts as vacancy is abundant in IPS.one officer recently retired as ADGP in Karnataka.

Let me narrate u an incident,my father works in royal orchid hotel in Karnataka and the incident took place there.
    A group of middle aged men came to hotel and boozed but didn't pay the bill and escaped.
    A case was registered in nearest police station and accused were nabbed in another district but those people called SP of that district and gave the phone to head constable who led the police team ,sp told him not do anything to them,now the head constable called his SHO who in turn called the sp ,sp politely asked sorry to sho.money was recovered from them +police treatment.In the phone sHo told to sp that he will call IGP and let him decide the case...

who said there is no autonomy ,there is ample scope for doing good work and also scope for amassing crores...most state service officers have good political contacts koi uska kuch nahi kar sakta.

I don't want to say a single word about CAPF...its not that good.aasman zameen ka farq hey.
    Many CAPF officers have resigned and joined as security officers in psus and banks and private security organizations.
    Zero family life.

DYSP has far far far better life and promotional aspects.My friend's fatherowns a 75 lakh rupees bmw car he is dysp in Karnataka police.

CAPF officers resigned to join as security guards in banks, lol. Do you even know what an assistant commandant is??
    And a DSP owns a 75 lakh BMW openly in the state, seriously?? He won't be remaining in the open for long, if that's the case.

Anyway, the person who asked this question, wanted to know the field of functioning of both services, not corruption potential of both(i think so).
    Thus conscience makes cowards of us all
  • Dsp if u want to earn money.... But professionally AC in cisf.... Most dsp in most of the states become sp after 15 to 20 years... Promotion aspect is very slow.... In police it's all about ur caliber... Bcoz even inspector in state police holds authority emphatically if he understand the politics inside..... Police life is very very tough... But the brighter side is that sky is the limit... Despite this... IPS is always IPS... He will always get more value even if he is on probation under u and 15 _20 years junior to u.... Bahut gussa aayega....
    In case of AC... This is not as hectic as police.... You will have limited power in the jurisdiction.... It is more professional more determined and great facilities... No one can allege u for corruption... Here also IPS holds the authority but u will not feel it in the same as that in the case of dysp.
    Mostly in fact 95 % opt for dysp of state... Bcoz in the eyes of people... Dysp carries more power...

Zero family life.

CAPF officers resigned to join as security guards in banks, lol. Do you even know what an assistant commandant is??
    And a DSP owns a 75 lakh BMW openly in the state, seriously?? He won't be remaining in the open for long, if that's the case.

Anyway, the person who asked this question, wanted to know the field of functioning of both services, not corruption potential of both(i think so).

Just google brother many crpf ACs have quit job to join as security officers then talk....the dysp i said recently has been promoted as SP..he will retire soon.
  • Ye loh coralpolyp
    Screenshot_2016-01-28-15-45-51.jpg
    720 x 1280 - 532K
  • being one of it i can say... ac cisf is more peaceful... promotion is slow as compared to ips... if you like travelling you will love cisf.. you will work in very different profiles and sectors..

Zero family life.

What are u talking man..?.....u r comparing a dsp with AC on the basis of corruption?....sorry bro i was not expecting this .......who said there is zero family life in CISF?....wrong info brother....first acquire some info abt AC in cisf then talk.....in CISF almost everyone reaches upto DIG level and some upto IG level.....as far as leaving the job is concerned some dsp in states also resigned earlier.....some even killed by goons( UP and bihar have examples for this).....as far as dsp is concerned he has benefit of serving in his own state....but serving whole country is another experience.....and if u compare on the basis of corruption there are many babus and hawaldar also gained lacs and crores of Rs......
  • edited January 2016
    Many IAS and IPS also resigned so what?!!!! u can't say IAS and IPS is bad.......by the way i m not compare IPS vs AC.....IPS is much better..i was comparing AC and DSP(PPS not IPS)
  • Ye loh coralpolyp

There is difference between security "officer" and security "guard"..... and pls focus on CISF not CRPF....
  • u never know a security officer may earn in lakhs/month....
    Our survival instinct is our single greatest source of inspiration. - Dr. Mann
  • AK16 said:

Zero family life.

What are u talking man..?.....u r comparing a dsp with AC on the basis of corruption?....sorry bro i was not expecting this .......who said there is zero family life in CISF?....wrong info brother....first acquire some info abt AC in cisf then talk.....in CISF almost everyone reaches upto DIG level and some upto IG level.....as far as leaving the job is concerned some dsp in states also resigned earlier.....some even killed by goons( UP and bihar have examples for this).....as far as dsp is concerned he has benefit of serving in his own state....but serving whole country is another experience.....and if u compare on the basis of corruption there are many babus and hawaldar also gained lacs and crores of Rs......
    Bro i just gave an instance of corruption potential in dysp..i never mentioned based on corruption DYSP is better than CAPF...Yes there is good family life in cisf but what about other service .i read in another thread some upsc interview panel asked the candidate why do you want to join cisf ? Do u want to be a chowkidar???

I have immense respect for CAPF but the way central govt has treated them makes me not to opt for it...of all the departmental wise expenditure capf has the lowest and no NFU for them,less salary compared to army personnel,pathetic working conditions compared to their army counterparts less leaves..etc etc etc....

• which state DSP?

I asked this question in general...but i m from UP so u can comment in respect to UP
  • Without a second thought STATE police services , indeed there isnt comparison between both.
    correct me ,if i am wrong ! i would be happy to accept my mistakes !
  • I think u have made up your mind to join cisf ATB for that.
  • AK16 said:

Zero family life.

Bro i just gave an instance of corruption potential in dysp..i never mentioned based on corruption DYSP is better than CAPF...Yes there is good family life in cisf but what about other service .i read in another thread some upsc interview panel asked the candidate why do you want to join cisf ? Do u want to be a chowkidar???

I have immense respect for CAPF but the way central govt has treated them makes me not to opt for it...of all the departmental wise expenditure capf has the lowest and no NFU for them,less salary compared to army personnel,pathetic working conditions compared to their army counterparts less leaves..etc etc etc....

Bro nfu has been granted by delhi HC...but there is counter petition filed in SC against NFU....now case in pending there...let see what happens.....and there is strong recommendation in 7th CPC in favour of granting NFU.....and filling the post of DG in forces through IPS and "CAPF" also....which is currently occupied by IPS only........
  • edited January 2016
    and by the way security officers in private firms are not security "guards"; these are managerial posts, and some also work for more than 1 company at the same time.
    इस बात पर मुझे हँसना चाहिए।

Hobbies: Reading and Writing | Listening to Ghazals
  • Do u think ips lobby will let it happen....for nfu one member of pay commission outrightly rejected it saying it will create indiscipline.
    I read pay commission is against nfu.
  • TonyStark said:

u never know a security officer may earn in lakhs/month....

I will give you two marriage profiles one of a security officer and another of a state direct recruit DYSP,which will u select....????
  • edited January 2016

Do u think ips lobby will let it happen....for nfu one member of pay commission outrightly rejected it saying it will create indiscipline.

U r right bro IPS lobby is against it.....and..i know serving as DSP would give u more social recognition .......and in cisf u would have limited recognition..... But in case of UP, very slow promotions in DSP....one can reach SP after 20 yrs of service......and there is lot of side posting as well for example DSP wireless etc......and lot of pol pressure......u can't prepare for IAS/IPS......but in CISF u would reach upto Sr. Commandant in 20 yrs which is SSP level rank........and the chairman of 7th CPC recommended for NFU....another member opposed it
  • edited January 2016
    AKU16 said:

Do u think ips lobby will let it happen....for nfu one member of pay commission outrightly rejected it saying it will create indiscipline.

U r right bro IPS lobby is against it.....and..i know serving as DSP would give u more social recognition .......and in cisf u would have limited recognition..... But in case of UP, very slow promotions in DSP....one can reach SP after 20 yrs of service......and there is lot of side posting as well for example DSP wireless etc......and lot of pol pressure......u can't prepare for IAS/IPS......but in CISF u would reach upto Sr. Commandant in 20 yrs which has SSP level rank....
    I was talking in Karnataka state's perspective ...if u clear AC/dysp or anyother service u will get immense confidence and chances are high that u will clear ias/ips before u even complete training.ATB

One more thing a person who joined police force n later was promoted to dysp has high chances of getting wireless,homegaurds etc etc depts ,a direct recruit dysp is less likely to get those postings unless as a punishment.
    Do u know in Karnataka sub inspector wireless direct recruitment takesplace.
  • edited January 2016
    Well,after going through all the comments,let me comment something.I met a bsf inspector in my pet venue(for capf) who happened to be from my state.During our chit chat,he told me about the conditions and all about capf ac.Then,I asked him "what do you think?which should I opt for?dsp in state police or ac in capf,if I manage to clear both".He answered unhesitatingly"of course state police service.".....Well,that was from the perspective of an inspector.I know some people who never bothered about applying for state psc(had been selected in the capf) and later cleared civil services.Ac in the capf was always the second career option for them.So it's all about perspective.Want comfort,an easy life,then dsp might be better than capf but certainly not better than cisf ac,if these things are the only concerns.If life revolves around self worth,heavy ego,not to mention adventure and patriotism,then state dsp is no match to capf.
  • and by the way security officers in private firms are not security "guards"; these are managerial posts, and some also work for more than 1 company at the same time.

yes i know an army officer .. he is now security consultant.. after 5 year experience .. his salary quite high...
  • edited January 2016
    how is AC profile in CRPF as compared to Dy Sp.???
  • edited January 2016

TonyStark said:

I will give you two marriage profiles one of a security officer and another of a state direct recruit DYSP,which will u select....????
    none...no vacancy....
    already booked.......with a lawyer.... :)
    Our survival instinct is our single greatest source of inspiration. - Dr. Mann
  • TonyStark said:

TonyStark said:

none...no vacancy....
    already booked.......with a lawyer.... :)
    Congratz Tony Sir...
  • In Karnataka a direct recruit dysp will become Additional sp in six years...the photo is of Adl sp hassan Karnataka
    20160128165826_1.jpg
    564 x 890 - 77K
  • @AK16 bhai rehne do, concepts clear nahi aur face value pe comment kar dete hai log. Ground reality is not as merry as it always seems. Baki personal advice- Talk with some people who are serving in both before making up your mind. Atb
    Thus conscience makes cowards of us all
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our IFoS Toppers
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1) | Read His Story
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) | Read Her Story
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) | Watch His Interview
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) | Watch His Interview

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google