CSE 2014 Break-up of Marks of Selected Candidates (Making Spreadsheet)

Comments

• Rank 470 , GS2--56,GS3--68,GS4--64,interview--146..................These mean lack of knowledge in Politics,ethics,economics, still IAS ?

What do you mean by lack of knowledge , he cleared exam thats important what ever may be the optional and u should know that scoring that many marks is not easy and he must be an expert in that subject

@vijaydinanathchauhan that is the point brother that EXPERTS of pub ad, sociology ,history , geo dont get that much marks...Now this discussion is part of trail of grievances...other optionals envy Geography which got bumper scucess rate in top 100 last year...makkan paper and makkan checking... Non Lit optionals envy Lit optionals...I belong to history and last two years had been very bad for us..only 2-3 guys in top 100

I belong to mechanical and last year i scored 282 marks and still did not make the list and not a single one in Top 200 from mechanical but i dont make lame excuse like u guys making for literature optional.U are saying this because u guys are loser and cannot see other guys getting sucess

• we are losers..No doubt about that..but we vouch for equal playing field for everybody
    Either Optionals should b removed..or there be cap for marks scored By EXPERTS...YOu are seeing only one side of coin that LIT people do work hard but You are ignoring the fact that other optional people do same or more amount of hard work
  • " not a single one in Top 200 from mechanical but i dont make lame excuse like u guys making for literature optional."
    Mechanical engg has very less candidates as compared to History...So this comparison wont hold much weight here...
  • edited January 2016

we are losers..No doubt about that..but we vouch for equal playing field for everybody
    Either Optionals should b removed..or there be cap for marks scored By EXPERTS...YOu are seeing only one side of coin that LIT people do work hard but You are ignoring the fact that other optional people do same or more amount of hard work

that's just modesty on his part. this white tiger is selected one reappearing to improve rank

@player10 [ Reappearing is not bad..Dont maKe any aspersions regarding this ]
  • chachi420 said:

jal said:

Look at thease marks in marathi literature...
    Rank 422...190+165 (355)
    Rank 470....183+174(357) :/

How is it possibled ?

In literature 190 in a paper, it is impossible................
    tichi maila....khairat bat rahi thi kya?
    Pls aisa mat boliye..mae v itna hi xpect kr raha hu
    Maithili mein itna.. Nai aata... Atishayokti Alan kar.. Hai ye
  • @player10 there is whole lot of people reappearing for improving their ranks...I consider myself a loser because I could not get IFS or IAS
  • Rediculously high marks in some optionals like marathi lit, shows discrepancy in the optional subject system. Since it is going on since past so many years, what purpose did it serve?
    I think these subjects are there just to add to the opaqueness in the system. From the day 1 of optional system it would be clear that the all subjects could not be brought on parity. However upsc want the process less objective to avoid scrutiny by candidates. Once each candidate fights on the same level, it would be easy for candidates to compare and expect.
    It is this system of uncertainty and rewarding unexpectedly high marks makes the whole process resemble to the game of luck.
    Those successful, attribute it to hard work and unsucessful to their luck.
    My question to those who say it is all about efforts and hard work only...why rankholders feel surprise after selection? The rank 422 and 470, ask them if they had any idea about their optional scores crossing 300 mark.
    Since it is our requirement to get selected and upsc has not invited us to appear in exam, we have to undergo this menace. But the way people get into service decides the quality of outcome in services. Also decides the type of people who aspire to become civil servants. God bless india.
  • ruko mai baswan ko ish page ka link bhejta hoon >:) :D
  • edited January 2016
    Hume said:

I think reason behind these exceptional marks in literature optional is moderation methodology of UPSC.
    For popular optional everyone lie near around mean so even increase in number to match historical average do not give benefit much to even toppers of these subjects while in case of optional with less number of candidates , better performers get benefit of moderation effect because few get exceptional raw marks.

last year rest of the optionals were almost facing similar marking level and were on par with each other-Sc./engg and humanities. However the marking of literature optionals has been awkward.. How come some get so high score in marathi but not in punjabi (as was said by another guy here.) as both are literature subjects?
    Our survival instinct is our single greatest source of inspiration. - Dr. Mann
  • Rank 470 , GS2--56,GS3--68,GS4--64,interview--146..................These mean lack of knowledge in Politics,ethics,economics, still IAS ?

What do you mean by lack of knowledge , he cleared exam thats important what ever may be the optional and u should know that scoring that many marks is not easy and he must be an expert in that subject

@vijaydinanathchauhan that is the point brother that EXPERTS of pub ad, sociology ,history , geo dont get that much marks...Now this discussion is part of trail of grievances...other optionals envy Geography which got bumper scucess rate in top 100 last year...makkan paper and makkan checking... Non Lit optionals envy Lit optionals...I belong to history and last two years had been very bad for us..only 2-3 guys in top 100

I belong to mechanical and last year i scored 282 marks and still did not make the list and not a single one in Top 200 from mechanical but i dont make lame excuse like u guys making for literature optional.U are saying this because u guys are loser and cannot see other guys getting sucess

Haha... Best way to end an argument.

My thesis + your antithesis = 'you guys are stupid'.
    A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
    https://www.facebook.com/jaime.kngslyr.1
    contactjaime123@gmail.com
    twitter @contactjaime123
    My Book https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07B2N695F
  • chachi420 said:

jal said:

Look at thease marks in marathi literature...
    Rank 422...190+165 (355)

How is it possibled ?

In literature 190 in a paper, it is impossible................
    tichi maila....khairat bat rahi thi kya?
    Pls aisa mat boliye..mae v itna hi xpect kr raha hu
    Maithili mein itna.. Nai aata... Atishayokti Alan kar.. Hai ye
    Maine ye kb kaha ki itne ayenge..pr xpect toh kr hi skta hu..250 aa jaye,kafi h..
  • marathi,tamil,hindi, maithili,gujarati, malayali, kannada literatures- shows exceptional marks in last 10 years. remaining literatures does not fetch good marks. in 1999 in telugu literature 396 marks,1996-420 marks(out of 600 marks)....after that there is no one get above 60 percentage in telugu litt.even akurathi pallavi,ias(prepared 8 years for civils with telugu litt got once 60 percentage marks remaining attempts 55 plus% only). in last three years telugu litt candidates got in between 52-55%(successful candidates). that too in telugu literature questions relating to vyakhyanam,, on poems,questions tests in different approaches like dhwani,rasa,ouchitya,roopavada,structuralism,vakrokti, sociological,historical,ideological etc. in all 22 literature papers only telugu literature syllabus, question papers tests such a difficult approches. thats why it is very difficult to get more than 60 percent in this subject. after 2013 changes only one candidate got 276 marks out of 500. remaining successful candidates got less than 250 marks.so telugu literature also like pubad, history etc .
  • in telugu there is a saying: telugu people always not favour to telugu language and telugu people.telugu paper setters take revenge on students. i am 100% sure there is no favoritism in telugu syllabus(because it is indepth syllabi),papers(every year out of syllabus questions. in pre 2013 era one to two 60 marks questions also came from out of syllabus), vyakhyanam questions only in telugu lit.
  • @prem1986 wonderful analysis brother.. i agree with each and every point u mentioned....
  • Kitna jaloge be :D :D it all about strategy. Unhone optional pe focus kiya too much nd got desired result.they must hv given too much time for it.
    Everyone makes strategy fr himself.
    Apni padhai control karo. Ye thode na bologe ki - i studied gs fr 50 hr so others shud also study gs only fr 50 hrs ;)
    I hv seen engneerng maths optional getting 450 etc of 600 nd geting into top 10!!
    Toh kya waha bi biassed hai.
    Exceptionl bande har field me hote hai :)
    कसूर ना उनका है ना मेरा, हम दोनो रिश्तों की रसमें निभाते रहे;वो दोस्ती का एहसास जताते रहे, हम मोहबत को दिल में छुपाते रहे।
    @summum bonum
  • there is no rationality in selection process... its clearly seen that one optional is favoured one time.... we are witnessing it...
  • Bodo said:

Kitna jaloge be :D :D it all about strategy. Unhone optional pe focus kiya too much nd got desired result.they must hv given too much time for it.
    Everyone makes strategy fr himself.
    Apni padhai control karo. Ye thode na bologe ki - i studied gs fr 50 hr so others shud also study gs only fr 50 hrs ;)
    I hv seen engneerng maths optional getting 450 etc of 600 nd geting into top 10!!
    Toh kya waha bi biassed hai.

aap poore kathaanak ka marm hi nahin samajh paaye ....
  • Bodo said:

Except Pub ad geography, socio etc...
    twitter @contactjaime123
  • Look at thease marks in marathi literature...
    Rank 422...190+165 (355)

these numbers are exceptionally high. I think UPSC is aware of this regional bias and they introduced some time back a provision that only who did graduation in that language can opt for a particular literature optional. But alas the petty politics dint let happen.

We should collect more such evidence and report the matter to Baswan Commitee. Optional needs to be removed to create a more level playing field and a more objective transparent process. exam syllabus should as per the demand of the job. I have seen or heard no other merit based examination with people choosing different subjects.

All my papers (gs, essay, socio 1) went good and i was sure to get good marks this time. And then this socio p2 came, crashing my dream to be ias. further i m not even sure whether i will get good score even in socio p1 thanks to zillion of optionals and my fate hanging on a statistical formula. OPTIONALS must go.

Don't take it personal...................... I don't have any problem what optional he took. Problem is on so much deviation in marks.................between Optional & others..................

It is not college exams where we used get marks by any means.......... 76% in Literature is impossible...........

Difference in marks may be that people with other might not be that well prepared and everything is possible

Man, in reality it is not possible, an individual is getting 56/250,68/250 &64/250 in one hand & 190/250 at other hand.It is quite impossible in UPSC.

One guy who is intelligent & systematic enough to fetch 190/250 in a paper & he is getting in ethics GS4 -- 64, in GS2 --56,in GS3--68...............

Being an engineering student i can't swallow this logic that

"Difference in marks may be that people with other might not be that well prepared and everything is possible "

As i earlier said subsequently all papers can't be down scored except optional papers.In UPSC it is not possibled.
  • If not already read.
    Good article on controversy on 'parity' among AIS and central services, also gives some idea into the govt's handling of senior bureaucracy.
    http://www.frontline.in/the-nation/primacy-at-stake/article8068437.ece?homepage=true

Don't take it personal...................... I don't have any problem what optional he took. Problem is on so much deviation in marks.................between Optional & others..................

It is not college exams where we used get marks by any means.......... 76% in Literature is impossible...........

Difference in marks may be that people with other might not be that well prepared and everything is possible

Man, in reality it is not possible, an individual is getting 56/250,68/250 &64/250 in one hand & 190/250 at other hand.It is quite impossible in UPSC.

One guy who is intelligent & systematic enough to fetch 190/250 in a paper & he is getting in ethics GS4 -- 64, in GS2 --56,in GS3--68...............

"Difference in marks may be that people with other might not be that well prepared and everything is possible "

As i earlier said subsequently all papers can't be down scored except optional papers.In UPSC it is not possibled.
    He might have studied his optional sincerely but not all subject so that why he end up getting low score in other subject , its not the first time people do smart work rather than hard work , u have to understand the process

He might have studied his optional sincerely but not all subject so that why he end up getting low score in other subject , its not the first time people do smart work rather than hard work , u have to understand the process

whatever u say its a regional bias a guy who got 138 in interview difficult to digest
    saala main Hindi speaking state mein kyun paidha hua b*
    The Law of Detachment - be equanimous to both victories and defeats
  • edited January 2016

Rank 470 , GS2--56,GS3--68,GS4--64,interview--146..................These mean lack of knowledge in Politics,ethics,economics, still IAS ?

I am very much seasoned in UPSC process.

Any serious, sincere aspirant doesn't study optional only.He/She tries to cover the whole process to become good IAS officer.
    What i understood it is sheer SMART OPTIONAL SUBJECT rather than smart work...............................

In today's world everybody is smart enough.It is old, goof word to say smart work...........

IN UPSC, 99.99% serious aspirants are smart enough. Only (hard work+good Luck) ..............these two things are required................
  • Sala isi liye upsc kuch disclose nahi karti hai. Ek pdf mila nahi ki machli bazaar khol liye ho..pagla ke mar jaoge sab is analysis me..are thora population stats ka analysis karlo, kuch kaam aayega. Kya mare hue ghore ko latiya rahe ho. Result last year ka hai, jisko banna tha ban gaya. Avi khoon garam kiye ho sab....Padh lo bhai...sab baal urr jayega ee data analysis me bata de rahe hain.

"People are taking literature subjects like Pali and easily clearing the exam" - V Narayansamy, MoS, PMO, UPA2
    What a loser.
    twitter @contactjaime123

"People are taking literature subjects like Pali and easily clearing the exam" - V Narayansamy, MoS, PMO, UPA2
    What a loser.
    Bhai jinki gaand mein dum who literature le na fir yahan bakchodi karke apna aur hamara time waste karwaraha hai

அம்மா செக்ஸ்

Smart work requires you to be smart. No smart person will put all his eggs in one basket, esp. in UPSC where the basket has a lot of holes.
    The only smart part of their work was selecting language as the optional as they understood the creeks in the UPSC process and hoped to exploit it.
    CSE 2015. Got in.

CSE 2016. Hopefully, the hallowed All India Services.
  • edited January 2016

Rank 470 , GS2--56,GS3--68,GS4--64,interview--146..................These mean lack of knowledge in Politics,ethics,economics, still IAS ?

What a loser.
    Bhai jinki gaand mein dum who literature le na fir yahan bakchodi karke apna aur hamara time waste karwaraha hai

அம்மா செக்ஸ்
    Haha... I love the way you end conversations by either calling people losers or questioning the 'power of their asses'. No more from me on this. Stay well in your well.
    P.S: Cersie did not like you abusing me in Tamil. Use english or hindi.
    twitter @contactjaime123
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog