CSE 2019   Attend 3 sessions on preparing for CSE 2019 , right from the right preparation strategy, reading the newspaper, making notes to how to write good answers. Orientation session is open to all and mandatory for all CGP Students. Click here for details.
MITRA'S IAS - PHILOSOPHY: Seminar on - 27th Sep. - 5pm & 9th Oct. – 11 am
Foundation Classes: 28th Sep. and 29th Sep.
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
,Website:- www.mitrasias.com

CSE 2014 Break-up of Marks of Selected Candidates (Making Spreadsheet)

edited January 2016 in Official Exam Process
Here is the thread to discuss marks breakup of CSE 2014. You can take a look at the mains markssheet of selected candidates at www.persmin.gov.in/ais1/docs/2014_Mains_MarksSheet.PDF

[Mod Note: Here's the sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eyJlrgK4BDD00UEZA6HBgS3CYKh3-Mhf52u9sAuCVD8/edit?usp=sharing Please help us fill in the missing data. Read about the details below.]

Comments

• edited January 2016
    Link again is http://persmin.gov.in/AIS1/DOCS/2014_Main_MarkSheet.PDF

File size is 16.3 MB hence can't upload here.Quality of PDF looks to be lower than last year.

I can't understand the purpose of using excel or spreadsheet to tabulate the result then taking its printout and scanning the printout and uploading on internet; simply the spreadsheet PDF can be uploaded like UPSC does it for results. However it does gives idea into the "importance of rules" and protocols in bureaucracy.
  • sidsa said:

Link again is http://persmin.gov.in/AIS1/DOCS/2014_Main_MarkSheet.PDF

File size is 16.3 MB hence can't upload here.Quality of PDF looks to be lower than last year.

I can't understand the purpose of using excel or spreadsheet to tabulate the result then taking its printout and scanning the printout and uploading on internet; simply the spreadsheet PDF can be uploaded like UPSC does it for results. However it does gives idea into the "importance of rules" and protocols in bureaucracy.

because of signature .. yes they can use digital signature .. but technology is for enlarging syllabus not for implementation ...

• Good Bye. See you Later.
  • Can we create a google spreadsheet and capture the data to mine stats on optional performance? We did this last time .. Need 20-30 volunteers ..

Not sure how to back data up periodically, but if someone can create, I will contribute in data entry ..
    बने पुजारी प्रेमी साकी, गंगाजल पावन हाला,
    रहे फेरता अविरत गति से मधु के प्यालों की माला'
    'और लिये जा, और पीये जा', इसी मंत्र का जाप करे'
    मैं शिव की प्रतिमा बन बैठूं, मंदिर हो यह मधुशाला ।
  • Time to summon Dada, our excel king.
    @Etat
    Kindly do the needful.
    IRS-IT [2016]
  • Yaar ye optional ke code kahan se pata chalenge...
  • edited January 2016

Time to summon Dada, our excel king.
    @Etat
    Kindly do the needful.

I'm creating the skeleton. People need to pitch in. Attaching last year's one. If someone has full version of Adobe with OCR, then kindly pitch in to redo what we did last year.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YwBsxul51J9RYmZP0JKiZa-syNfZb01N3dbX3JyCgko/edit?usp=sharing

Alt version - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OSAn-m1cGJOoYViVdDchEyLSdKAFCwOh0u-PfLgjBVI/edit?usp=sharing
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
  • Etat said:

@Etat
    Kindly do the needful.

I'm creating the skeleton. People need to pitch in. Attaching last year's one. If someone has full version of Adobe with OCR, then kindly pitch in to redo what we did last year.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YwBsxul51J9RYmZP0JKiZa-syNfZb01N3dbX3JyCgko/edit?usp=sharing

Alt version - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OSAn-m1cGJOoYViVdDchEyLSdKAFCwOh0u-PfLgjBVI/edit?usp=sharing
    I made an excel sheet out of the last pdf with interview and mains marks. Will do it for this one too. I don't think data entry or OCR will be required. But this pdf looks really crappy. Don't have access to laptop right now. Will try.
    IRTS (2015), ITS (2014).
  • I'm post the editable sheet below with the same fields as 2013. You cannot edit the headers. If you want to make any changes, feel free to tag me here on this thread.

Don't bother about the optional name vs code. It's available in the notification. The sheet will fill in that data if you just fill in the code.

Fill in whatever information you can. Some columns and rows are not editable, because they would be automatically generated from the data filled in.

Fill in the data to get a proper analysis. Analysis parts for the 2014 set would be added in after we have sufficient data.

Here's the sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eyJlrgK4BDD00UEZA6HBgS3CYKh3-Mhf52u9sAuCVD8/edit?usp=sharing

Let's get populating the following fields: Name, Optional Code, Marks in all papers, Community and PH codes, Service allotted (if available from elsewhere).

I'm making this an announcement.
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
  • edited January 2016
    JohnSnow said:

Etat said:

@Etat
    Kindly do the needful.

I made an excel sheet out of the last pdf with interview and mains marks. Will do it for this one too. I don't think data entry or OCR will be required. But this pdf looks really crappy. Don't have access to laptop right now. Will try.
    This one, right?

I've copy-pasted the available data into the sheet. Others need to fill in the rest. I'll pitch in as far as possible. Let's make this happen.

FYI, facts already emerging - Highest and lowest PT scores were 220 and 83 respectively.

NB. The total marks (various totals) are automatically generated. They'll be artificially low till all the data in put in.
    xlsx
    xlsx
    CSM 2014 Final List marks - Full.xlsx
  • Some trends about interview score I commented in the previous thread as well. This will help to build that up.

Average and Median Interview score for selected candidates were: 179

Highest lowest same mentioned above.
    IRTS (2015), ITS (2014).
  • Look at thease marks in marathi literature...
    Rank 422...190+165 (355)
    Rank 470....183+174(357) :/
    Rank 422...190+165 (355)

How is it possibled ?

In literature 190 in a paper, it is impossible................
  • edited January 2016

Look at thease marks in marathi literature...
    Rank 422...190+165 (355)

aata majhi satakli.
    That is why optional subject has to go.
    Rank 422...190+165 (355)

aata majhi satakli.
    That is why optional subject has to go.
    And gs score of thease ranks are 283 and 267 only.....
    Bc macha rakkhi hai upsc..

• Sahi bhai....................What the HELL this is..............................
  • Optional must go.......................if so much biasing..................
  • Another fact both are IAS now...
  • Jiska iss baar Marathi le kar nahi hua, use preparation chod deni chahiye kyonki uska aage bhi shayad nahi hi hoga.
    Rank 422...190+165 (355)

Lagta hae uska Khud ka Professor Check kia tha....................................
  • bhai, mai jis state me rehta hoon, wahan bhi yahi haal hai.... People take regional languages hoping that paper checkers also belong to that state and so will favour them by giving them more marks... pathetic bullshit
    Jaake mehertabaan se keh do ki apni kiraanein ginkar rakh le, mai apne sehra ke zarre zarre ko khud chamakna sikha raha hoon!!
  • edited January 2016
    Rank 422..................GS2--57, GS-- 57.Interview........138...............These mean lack of knowledge in politics,economics & still IAS ?
  • Rank 470 , GS2--56,GS3--68,GS4--64,interview--146..................These mean lack of knowledge in Politics,ethics,economics, still IAS ?
    Rank 422...190+165 (355)

This is outrageously high. It is double of what many people got in Pun Ad. Pun intended.
    IRTS (2015), ITS (2014).
  • Hume said:

UPSC rewards regional literature subjects with good or exceptional marks
    Congess time- Dravidian literature
    BJP- Nagpur and Modi effect

Bhai ye upsc yaa bjp kaa nahi kiya hua .. Checkers lenient hote hain as if khud kaa launda IAS ban raha .. :(
    बने पुजारी प्रेमी साकी, गंगाजल पावन हाला,
    रहे फेरता अविरत गति से मधु के प्यालों की माला'
    'और लिये जा, और पीये जा', इसी मंत्र का जाप करे'
    मैं शिव की प्रतिमा बन बैठूं, मंदिर हो यह मधुशाला ।
  • The irony is not only in Optional Regional Literature subject, with my two UPSC interview experiences, I can say even in Interview so many fishy & biased things are happened that True Aspirants are totally helpless....................
  • edited January 2016
    karan_004 said:

The irony is not only in Optional Regional Literature subject, with my two UPSC interview experiences, I can say even in Interview so many fishy & biased things are happened that True Aspirants are totally helpless....................

Bhai interview me to bahut gadbad hai..if u have contacts u can land 200 eaasily
    I know friend, that's why this year my intention was to get more marks in written but Geology Paper 1 was made so tough & typical that it destroyed my planning totally. I wish I can see the question setter to make some good comments to him...............

Still hoping................ We can only hope.................As we have neither Literature Gujaad nor Interview jugaad.....
  • karan_004 said:

The irony is not only in Optional Regional Literature subject, with my two UPSC interview experiences, I can say even in Interview so many fishy & biased things are happened that True Aspirants are totally helpless....................

Bhai interview me to bahut gadbad hai..if u have contacts u can land 200 eaasily
    Can you substantiate it? I have seen people with very good contacts failing miserably in interview.
    IRTS (2015), ITS (2014).
  • edited January 2016

Look at thease marks in marathi literature...
    Rank 422...190+165 (355)

we shd collectively write a letter to UPSC on preference in regional language in mains marking scheme
    this is high time we see Doctors and IIM MBAs taking Mayalam Literature, Telugu Literature, Marthi Odiya
    this is clear case of biasing and regionalism
    The Law of Detachment - be equanimous to both victories and defeats
  • karan_004 said:

JohnSnow said:

karan_004 said:

Can you substantiate it? I have seen people with very good contacts failing miserably in interview.
    Bhai i know personally kne guy who is pathetic but knows shivraj singh(cm of mp) and got 200 odd marks.. He was boasting before result itself he will get 208 and he got that only
    Well, i have also seen such cases. A colleague of mine got 200+ in interview. One of his parents works in PMO, both parents IAS.

But at the same time, he was hardworking, that i will agree.

Another guy, no contacts, still got 190-200 in interview.

CSE 2015. Got in.

CSE 2016. Hopefully, the hallowed All India Services.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog