We are hiring!

Status of Privacy on ForumIAS - Data Accessibility and Persistence

Comments

• Bodo said:

Bodo said:

rogerthat said:

rogerthat said:

rogerthat said:

isse better ye hai ki learn few defences that u can take to show that whatever is posted by an account has not been done actually by you..aaram se bach loge..

Or better, grow a backbone to stand by what you have said!
    na bhaiyya na..yahan kayi log aise hain jinki police backbone todd degi agar unhone aisa kiya.. :p
    Not possible, once you are in service. Baat to yahi chal rahi naa ki ek baar service me aa gaye...toh bura use hoga forum pe kiye hue arguments ka...someone might take revenge...uss context me dekho.
    abe chhod na..mujhe to nautanki dekhne mein mazaa aa raha..show cause notice mil raha kisi ko..koi itna tensed hai ki kahin use hang na kar diya jaaye yahan likhe hue comments ke uppar..khoob achchi comedy ho rahi....vaise yaar do you know who should i write to yahan as someone hacked my account ..i could not come for last few months..its only today that i was able to login again..?...
    Bhai mera bhi account hack hua tha..aur doosre logo ko msg bhej gaye the...Maine Neyawn se kaha toh banda kehta hai ki kisi ne tumhara password guess kar liya hoga..DAFUQ. Password tha mera: babajikibooti, koi Ise guess kaise kar sakta hai.. :D

Maine toh khair umeed chhod di hai..tu bhi chod de, private forum hai..Neyawn ka..Ise open forum mat samjho.
    Hahaha...
    Mere current profile k inbox me toh most of mods aur frnds k real name and phon no hai. Kisi insider ne bheje hai ;)
    Woooow! Kitna cool hai Bhai tu! :D
    Mods ban winchester..he s abusing me ;)
    Aaj tak kisi ko insaaf mila hai jo tuje milega.. :D
    Dean ho ki Sam?
    Valar Morghulis
  • Bodo said:

Iss forum pe log sex chat bhi log bahot karte hai thru personl messaging.
    Dekhna virtual rape case bhi register hoge kabhi :D :D
    Savdhan india

baba, hydrogen bomb fodne pe badhaiyaan! by the way, how do you know about "sex chat" through PMs? Experienced lag rahe ho?
    Sometimes a little bit of darkness is what we need to shine. You are a diamond in this coal mine. you can dazzle the world, trust me! All you need is a little patience. This too shall pass.
  • Bodo said:

Savdhan india

baba, hydrogen bomb fodne pe badhaiyaan! by the way, how do you know about "sex chat" through PMs? Experienced lag rahe ho?
    If you want i cn pm u those profiles name.
    Hack toh jar hi loge ;) khud dekhna phir :mrgreen:
    कसूर ना उनका है ना मेरा, हम दोनो रिश्तों की रसमें निभाते रहे;वो दोस्ती का एहसास जताते रहे, हम मोहबत को दिल में छुपाते रहे।
    @summum bonum
  • ButWhy? said:

Fuhrer said:

Ravi singh is Neyawn as per my IP tracking skills :D :D :D

That sounds like Edward Snowden is Barack Obama
    I thought Osama bin laden and obama are same :D
    Cmon...i aint gonna bite you
  • Bodo said:

Savdhan india

yeh hota hai....there are some online games where the player have to do rape to virtual characters....they are mostly banned in India and are considered illegal in many countries........game ka naam nahi bataunga par hota hai...illegal bhi hai...

Our survival instinct is our single greatest source of inspiration. - Dr. Mann
  • rogerthat said:

bhai have been a back-office developer in RBS for some time. The only thing you need to know is that, whenever you are on an internet forum, the moderator can do whatever he/she likes. I, myself, have seen account details, contact details, credit card details etc of many clients at RBS, as a part of my job. The trouble here is that unless one has a good knowledge of the workings of the forum, one can never be certain that one's passwords are hashed, in which case no one would be able to read any of the password-protected data without changing your password, even root, as that would require a heck of a lot of decrypting.

It doesn't come as a surprise to me that, this function is missing here! @root @ForumIAS could consider hashing the passwords with a suitable encryption technology, but we would have to take a leap of faith as and when they even claim that they have done it, no way to verify it conclusively. There can always be workarounds and loops, which one can only know if one analyses the whole section of code/ module.

P.S : it is also not too difficult a job to make an unauthorised entry into someone's account here. I have done it for testing purposes and found it to be an excessively simple task. Working on mainframes for such a long time does give one superpowers.

yaar mera account bhi hack hua...this forum sucks..
    aapke account hack hua hai par IP adress toh aapka hi bata raha hai... :p
  • Bodo said:

Bodo said:

Savdhan india

@Bodo : na bhai rehne do! facebook pe bahut dekhe hain, photo woto ke sath karte hain log! Ek to mere batch wali ka dekha, wo bhi kar rahi thi, bechari ko abhi tak nahin pata ki jo sati-savitri ban rahi thi itna sab ke samne, uske andar ki sachchai (both figuratively and literally) main pehle se hin janta hun. par haan maza bahut aata hai especially, when you know at least one of them. Donon ko agar jante ho to phir kehna hin kya!
    Sometimes a little bit of darkness is what we need to shine. You are a diamond in this coal mine. you can dazzle the world, trust me! All you need is a little patience. This too shall pass.
  • Fuhrer said:

Bodo said:

Bodo said:

rogerthat said:

rogerthat said:

rogerthat said:

isse better ye hai ki learn few defences that u can take to show that whatever is posted by an account has not been done actually by you..aaram se bach loge..

na bhaiyya na..yahan kayi log aise hain jinki police backbone todd degi agar unhone aisa kiya.. :p
    Not possible, once you are in service. Baat to yahi chal rahi naa ki ek baar service me aa gaye...toh bura use hoga forum pe kiye hue arguments ka...someone might take revenge...uss context me dekho.
    abe chhod na..mujhe to nautanki dekhne mein mazaa aa raha..show cause notice mil raha kisi ko..koi itna tensed hai ki kahin use hang na kar diya jaaye yahan likhe hue comments ke uppar..khoob achchi comedy ho rahi....vaise yaar do you know who should i write to yahan as someone hacked my account ..i could not come for last few months..its only today that i was able to login again..?...
    Bhai mera bhi account hack hua tha..aur doosre logo ko msg bhej gaye the...Maine Neyawn se kaha toh banda kehta hai ki kisi ne tumhara password guess kar liya hoga..DAFUQ. Password tha mera: babajikibooti, koi Ise guess kaise kar sakta hai.. :D

Maine toh khair umeed chhod di hai..tu bhi chod de, private forum hai..Neyawn ka..Ise open forum mat samjho.
    Hahaha...
    Mere current profile k inbox me toh most of mods aur frnds k real name and phon no hai. Kisi insider ne bheje hai ;)
    Dean ho ki Sam?
    Bhai its more of an institution. Therefore, Winchesters and not Winchester.
    Hmmmm
    Valar Morghulis
  • Fuhrer said:

Fuhrer said:

Bodo said:

Bodo said:

rogerthat said:

rogerthat said:

rogerthat said:

Hahaha...
    Dean ho ki Sam?
    Bhai its more of an institution. Therefore, Winchesters and not Winchester.
    Hmmmm
    @matt2damon - dekh le isko.. Hmmm ko ghumai ke lele. :D
    जहाँ जन्नत की उम्मीद ही नहीं वहाँ गुनाहो से क्या डरना..
  • Neyawn said:

Just one clarification - Let people delete their comments?

1. With anonymity, you may write anything and then delete it = no accountability for what you say here
    2. Be abusive all throughout, and after selection email forumias that I have been a jerk and people know I am an IPS now, so please delete those comments where I have done MCBC to other people ( this has happened)

Give me a logical argument, how allowing people to delete comments will help improve the forum!

Guys, dont just treat this as fun! Dont write something here which you would regret later! Like @RaviSingh may be doing right now!

Aaj se shaitani band.
    One day, perhaps, love may die of disuse, left to rust in wind and weather.
  • Bodo said:

Bodo said:

Savdhan india

@Bodo : na bhai rehne do! facebook pe bahut dekhe hain, photo woto ke sath karte hain log! Ek to mere batch wali ka dekha, wo bhi kar rahi thi, bechari ko abhi tak nahin pata ki jo sati-savitri ban rahi thi itna sab ke samne, uske andar ki sachchai (both figuratively and literally) main pehle se hin janta hun. par haan maza bahut aata hai especially, when you know at least one of them. Donon ko agar jante ho to phir kehna hin kya!
    Yaar kya baat kar rahe... FB toh sabse jyada secure mana jata hai... Ab tum agar snowden wale level ke ho toh pata nahin...

#fenkne ki bhi limit hoti hai otherwise usmein aur bakchodi mein jyada difference nahin... :D :D :D
    @StrangerIsBack : kabhi mitm suna hai? aur fb kab se itna secure hone lag gaya, in general. Aisa hai bachche, sab ko na apni tarah na samjha karo! fekna hin ho to aadmi CIA aur FBI ka hack na kare! aur snowden hacker nahin tha, assange tha! get your facts straight!
  • which was that comment which was deleted from here? dekho bhai log sach sach batau..
    Good Bye. See you Later.
  • edited January 2016

chhodo bc abhi mood nahin bakchodi ka... :D :D :D

All in good time, sweetheart. all in good time. just give me some time to muddy the waters first. one doesn't want to be banned for unauthorised entry into another's mailbox, does one!
  • edited January 2016

Bodo said:

Bodo said:

Savdhan india

Yaar kya baat kar rahe... FB toh sabse jyada secure mana jata hai... Ab tum agar snowden wale level ke ho toh pata nahin...

#fenkne ki bhi limit hoti hai otherwise usmein aur bakchodi mein jyada difference nahin... :D :D :D
    @StrangerIsBack : kabhi mitm suna hai? aur fb kab se itna secure hone lag gaya, in general. Aisa hai bachche, sab ko na apni tarah na samjha karo! fekna hin ho to aadmi CIA aur FBI ka hack na kare! aur snowden hacker nahin tha, assange tha! get your facts straight!
    Arrey yaar Itne bade hacker ho tum toh... Ek Kaam karo NSA mein apply kar do.. Fokat yahan upsc mein time waste kar rahe...

#facebook hacking agar Google karoge toh dher saare pages khul ke aate hain... Shayad usee se confirm ho gaye ki facebook fatak se hack ho sakta hai... Munna, thoda talent dikhao na apna, forum hack kar ke, if you really have some... :D :D :D

#otherwise sirf main kya poori duniya fenku bolegi tumhe... :D m
    yaar tumne pehle yeh salah di hoti to shayad kar leta. ab kya hai na ek sal thukwa chu ke hain ismein..... ab kar lene do! yahi, waise main daud bhi leta hun... sochta hun olympics mein apply kar dun.., civil services mein kya rakha hai! what do you say?
    rahi baat talent ki to wo to nahin hai. ab is depression mein hin lagta hai sara jeevan gujarna padega. akshay kumar wala gana yaad aa gaya, housefull? was it? tum na banduk ki dukaan wale ke pass jao, woh chutiya bhi sala dar raha hoga legal action se tabhi kisi ka murder nahin kiya ab tak. jaao... jagao duniya ko. be the new vivekanand.
  • abey chup karo yaar.. padho aur bahar niklo bas.. kahe ka ye sab drama..
    Good Bye. See you Later.
  • Yaha ek comment post hua tha kisi upscleaks name ki profile se....Usme saara kuchh btaya tha bande ne yaha ki mods ki kitni ids hai aur real profile bhi ....woh delete kaise ho gya comment yaar?? :o
    Zindagi me Mazein lena seekho,

Waqt to tumhare Mazein leta hi rahega......
  • Yaha ek comment post hua tha kisi upscleaks name ki profile se....Usme saara kuchh btaya tha bande ne yaha ki mods ki kitni ids hai aur real profile bhi ....woh delete kaise ho gya comment yaar?? :o

there is no rightful privacy policy in this forum....innocent may become victim if their account is impersonated....better to become a silent spectator in this forum than becoming a active member...
  • edited January 2016
    Yar gmail and Facebook allow the users to delete their account and mails.... Why not forumias????? Wahan se zyada security problem hai kya yahan?????

OK business aspect samjh me aata hai ki lakhs of messages honge to client ko dikhaya zaa sakta hai ki we get so many hits and so much activity but I think forumias has made a name for itself now and should not need this.
  • whatever said:

Yar gmail and Facebook allow the users to delete their account and mails.... Why not forumias????? Wahan se zyada security problem hai kya yahan?????

OK business aspect samjh me aata hai ki lakhs of messages honge to client ko dikhaya zaa sakta hai ki we get so many hits and so much activity but I think forumias has made a name for itself now and should not need this.

simply yehi funda h dost..
  • And is this notice thing to @Woodpecker true??? I hope not as It would reflect so badly on this forum ethics?????

For last few weeks we are seeing strange behaviour from mods , I mean they are not at all behaving objectively, sometimes they misuse their authority and now this privacy concern...... Please take a look at all this.....

Forumias is very good platform to intract but believe me if things go on in same way, there are many members even on this very forum itself who may create a comparable forum very soon. I know you say that " Go on it does not affect us " but I really think it could.

Please yar you need to tread more carefully than us... Let this forum keep serving the cause of the aspirants.
  • @whatever - privacy concerns do not involve mods. Kindly read up before making bombastic accusations.
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
  • Etat said:

@whatever - privacy concerns do not involve mods. Kindly read up before making bombastic accusations.

Bhai I did not say that privacy thing is related to modes.

Second I wanted to say things on this but I wont. My condolences to you and your family and may your father rest in peace.
  • @Etat, I need to call you too, but couldn't :(

When would be a good time to call you?
    *No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |
  • Neyawn said:

@Etat, I need to call you too, but couldn't :(

Take your time dude. I'm swamped here myself. Any time after the 11th would be great.
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
  • Bodo said:

Bodo said:

Savdhan india

Arrey yaar Itne bade hacker ho tum toh... Ek Kaam karo NSA mein apply kar do.. Fokat yahan upsc mein time waste kar rahe...

#facebook hacking agar Google karoge toh dher saare pages khul ke aate hain... Shayad usee se confirm ho gaye ki facebook fatak se hack ho sakta hai... Munna, thoda talent dikhao na apna, forum hack kar ke, if you really have some... :D :D :D

#otherwise sirf main kya poori duniya fenku bolegi tumhe... :D m
    yaar tumne pehle yeh salah di hoti to shayad kar leta. ab kya hai na ek sal thukwa chu ke hain ismein..... ab kar lene do! yahi, waise main daud bhi leta hun... sochta hun olympics mein apply kar dun.., civil services mein kya rakha hai! what do you say?
    rahi baat talent ki to wo to nahin hai. ab is depression mein hin lagta hai sara jeevan gujarna padega. akshay kumar wala gana yaad aa gaya, housefull? was it? tum na banduk ki dukaan wale ke pass jao, woh chutiya bhi sala dar raha hoga legal action se tabhi kisi ka murder nahin kiya ab tak. jaao... jagao duniya ko. be the new vivekanand.
    Nice counter argument... :D

#ab toh legal action ki bhi baat bol di, upar wale comment mein sirf ban hone tak ka dar tha tumhe, dheere dheere dar badhta hi ja raha tumhara... Aage morality wala issue bhi aayega... :D

Btw Theek hai yaar... clam down... I believe you... :D
    @StrangerIsBack : "clam" down nahin calm down hota hai! Dekho naya angle aa gaya na : etymological
  • jisko samjhna tha na kya aur kaise, wo log samjh gaye hain! I had enough hints in my replies for a cognizant person. Tum na bachche lemonchoos le lo! chooste rahoge to kam se kam muh band rahega, beizzati se bach jaoge!
  • Etat said:

Neyawn said:

@Etat, I need to call you too, but couldn't :(

Take your time dude. I'm swamped here myself. Any time after the 11th would be great.
    @Etat : my sympathies are with you buddy!
  • edited January 2016
    Neyawn said:

Neyawn said:

Bodo said:

RaviSingh said:

Recently in a discussion Mr Singh pointed out that he can log in to any of our account and read messages even the personal ones.

http://discuss.forumias.com/discussion/comment/772643/#Comment_772643

I want to ask who gave you the right to peep into the messages or conversations..!!

Does it not violate the right to privacy? We did not allow you to read or look into our accounts. There was no such terms and conditions mentioned when we joined forumias. Why this sudden #nsa like activity?

@Woodpecker You have made a mountain of a molehill.

I cannot login into anyone's account as per my will. Nor am I an active moderator here. But only in the case of sexual harassment, on a police complaint being filed or otherwise, to verify claims of a victim, we may have to do that.

Who told you I am peeping in your inbox?

Its not a one click process, but let me assure you that if there is a police compliant and to verify the claims of the victim, we may have to go for such verification.

So far this has happened only once. Your right to privacy is secured. even if there is a police complaint against you for sexual harassment, be assured that we will need a written permission from you before we can pass on your details.

Usually, if you are not being a jerk to some woman, sending her sexually explicit messages, you will neither face a complaint , nor does this situation arise.
    Thats legal point of view.
    Illegaly ( if wish to) admins hv privilege and power to misuse the same.
    What's the guarantee that if someone like me for ex is fighting with you on some random thread and say I have got some facts about you through one person here in Inbox, you won't log in to my account to see with whom I was talking and what I had talked?
    Because there are 500 people fighting on the Forum, and unless you are one of the fighters, no one really has any interest in that fight/ Which is why mods just ban profiles where there are abuses, because they ( usually) have no interest in the fight!

Admins do not have privileges to do the same. Nor so mods - Fuherer was mod once , ask him if he could peep into anyone's account? If there is a police compliant against you, there is no guarantee.

P.S. Dont take anything personally.
    Mods and supermods don't have that power. But who has that power how many people. This is what I am demanding. I have the right to know this much.. Didn't I? Howe many people say 2,3,10 or more can view the info and,conversation.

Kindly disclose their identity.
    Paul Thomas is the only one. He is a developer. He is not on the Forum. There is no "UPSC aspirant" doing it. Please understand that developers dont run SQL queries to read your conversations because they are meaningless to them.

What have you done?
    i just had a query and thought i should get the clarification. also i could have posted as a message(PM) but i thought that people here deserved to know what is happening.

so you are saying no other person has the authority to log into my account and read the conversations...!!
    you have been a guide and helped almost all of the forum members. i know you for quite a some time now and your words can be trusted.

no one here doubt your intentions, it is just we needed some clarifications.

@all NO ONE HAS SEND ME ANY NOTICE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. DO not spread rumors.
    Man is sometimes extraordinarily, passionately, in love with suffering.
  • How can a person feel that one has been abused in this forum, when the tools of profiling are limited to a profile pic and a pseudo name.? It is another matter when people use their credentials to browse in this forum which often is not the case. So there is no clear cut potential for cause of abuse in anonymous browsing.
    That it has been mentioned in the rules of the forum, ill-defined I may add, will not cut ice with the collective displeasure of knowing that some faceless omni-mod can read personal messages. Just as someone suggested in the first page, a provision to send a notification to the user, when their account was peeped into, would increase the accountability of the forum.
  • yaa sachin tendulkar.. kuch toh reham kar inn bacchon pe..
    Good Bye. See you Later.
This discussion has been closed.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly