We are hiring!

Booklist for GS Mains 2013 All 4 Papers [New Syllabus]

1141516171820»

Comments

• Best book for World History that i found is Glimpses of World History by Nehru.
    Available at a 40% discount.Order from amazon to save delivery charges.
  • http://iasknowledge.in/book-list-for-ias

Book list for all major topics available on this link
  • I have a doubt about World History portion, those with History optionals (or even otherwise) may please suggest.

I had ordered Norman Lowe a few months back and have been through much of it. It does a reasonable coverage of World History from WW-I and beyond, however it doesnt cover it from 1800's (as per UPSC requirement). what would be suggested readings for those portions ?

I was thinking of ordering Arjun Dev, however the one that I looked up at Flipkart - Arjun Dev - World History also covers same timelines as Norman Lowe.
    Along with Norman Lowe, I am currently studying from the pdfs (Chapter 22 onwards) from:
    http://www.bscsd.org/webpages/mowens/textbook.cfm
    The content is very good and I don't think I will be referring to another book for world history (except the occasional wikipedia perusal). With such a vast syllabus, spending an inordinate amount of time on world history will be counterproductive. We will not be expected to get History-optional level knowledge of this subject.
    Thanks a lot for the link man. I had a superficial look at Chapter 23 - Napolean, the content is indeed pretty good. I guess my worry for the remaining portion of World History gets over with this! :) And I do agree, GS World History would require knowledge that "a well educated person would have" without going "too much" in depth.

@stardust1901 I would also like to mention that the PDFs uploaded/linked by you are really helpful. I was just going through Raymond Cox and it is a really good read for the concerned portions. Appreciate your effort and thoughtfulness! Cheers!
    bro Raymond Cox..???? the above pdf are from which book

yaar upload pdf material if saved....as now it is demanding password.

the webpage is asking for a password. wats the password ?

http://www.ltisdschools.org/cms/lib/TX21000349/Centricity/Domain/287/chapater_32.pdf

just change the chapter number from 1-32, Best of Luck
    | Commerce | "Conformity is the slowest form of Suicide."
  • @Vazu Tried downloading. Only ch 32 works, other chps give 404 error.
  • in the above link replace "chapater" with "chapter" for downloading the rest
  • edited June 2014
    unable to download chapter 30...
  • edited October 2014
    Hi.. Last time I gave interview.

This time f***** up the second paper. 195 Cat SC. How much chances?

[Abusive][Content][Edited]
  • Please add books and relevant material on this thread, specially those aspirants who wrote last years mains.
  • You may download free book from following: http://www.ias100.in/ebooks_more.php
  • http://jmcentarfer.tripod.com/textbook.htm

World History - Patterns of Interaction, chapters of which posted separately earlier...
    no login required, Chapters 25 onward..
  • Did anybody buy sk mishra notes for ethics?
    Manzil mile na mile ye to muqaddar ki baat hain, Hum koshish bhi na kare ye toh galat baat hain.
  • @ss193 : 110% chance.
    Manzil mile na mile ye to muqaddar ki baat hain, Hum koshish bhi na kare ye toh galat baat hain.
  • edited October 2014
    People, I think for the Ethics paper it is important to study the Indian thinkers. And Nothing is as important as M. K. Gandhi.
    For That I would recommend Hindi Swaraj, written by Gandhi himself. It is a very small book, and costs only Rs 10. It is available on most of the good book stores.
    And the language is very easy to understand.
    You may also refer to the My Experiments with Truth, which is an autobiography of Gandhi. It is an interesting book, and covers almost all the parts of Gandhi's life. It costs around Rs 50-100.

Having a command on Gandhian thoughts can prove to be very useful in the Mains.
  • Bhai log ....paper 4 ethics k liye final btao......kis coaching k notes best hain ??????
  • Need vajiram printed notes in Pune, any help is welcome!!!
  • what a awesome platform to discuss for general studies material. well i know one more portal, i had used their services many times. their is a good collection of books for IAS and other civil services..
    click to visit
  • guys...I am giving this year uspc..I have finished ncerts and giving insights prelims testseries. But I have not touched anthing about mains besides a bit of my options. I have heard that gktoday material is a bit like spoonfeeding and is good. Can anyone give a review of it? I would also be able to solve tests of it in last minute too:)
  • guys...I am giving this year uspc..I have finished ncerts and giving insights prelims testseries. But I have not touched anthing about mains besides a bit of my options. I have heard that gktoday material is a bit like spoonfeeding and is good. Can anyone give a review of it? I would also be able to solve tests of it in last minute too:)

You have NCERTs thats good. Can you exactly elaborate on which NCERTs you have completed?

What is your optional subject, and have you been able to prepare any paper of Optional?
    *No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |
  • Neyawn said:

guys...I am giving this year uspc..I have finished ncerts and giving insights prelims testseries. But I have not touched anthing about mains besides a bit of my options. I have heard that gktoday material is a bit like spoonfeeding and is good. Can anyone give a review of it? I would also be able to solve tests of it in last minute too:)

You have NCERTs thats good. Can you exactly elaborate on which NCERTs you have completed?

What is your optional subject, and have you been able to prepare any paper of Optional?
    I have completed all the ncerts mentioned by insightsonindia, and gave their tests. I have just started Lakshmikant. My optional is Anthropology and and have finished 80% of paper 2 and 25% of paper 1.
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly