Saudi Arabia to host G20 summit in 2020 Nepal launches its first satellite from the USA IT dept. proposes new norms for taxing MNCs Plea in SC on voting rights of undertrials and convicts Officials allow some persons to cast ‘tendered’ votes in T.N.

ForumIAS Academy Student Minal from Delhi University's St. Stephens Secures Rank 35 - First Batch of ForumIAS Foundation Program Click here to download her copies and notes
IMPORTANT: ForumIAS Discuss is now LIVE. You can visit it at discuss.forumias.com

We are hiring!

Railway Commercial Apprentice / Traffic Apprentice+Goods Guard / Senior Clerk-cum-Typist EXam 2016

Comments

• 5 day week hai to UPSC preparation ke liye suitable hai job.... job profile koi khas nahi.. babu hai ek tarah se ... CA me shift duty nahi hai , baki sab posts me hai ...

'speedy' publication ki book aati hai ... usme old papers, pattern sab kuch mill jayega .... baki lucent aur r s agrawal to padhni hi hai ....

apti and reasoni ng ke lie kaunsi book?
    i have arun sharmna nd rajesh verma for apti
  • Rail_life said:

5 day week hai to UPSC preparation ke liye suitable hai job.... job profile koi khas nahi.. babu hai ek tarah se ... CA me shift duty nahi hai , baki sab posts me hai ...

'speedy' publication ki book aati hai ... usme old papers, pattern sab kuch mill jayega .... baki lucent aur r s agrawal to padhni hi hai ....

apti and reasoni ng ke lie kaunsi book?
    i have arun sharmna nd rajesh verma for apti
    old and model papers ki practice hi kaafi hai apti aur reasoning ke liye ...
  • Isme to chasme walon ko langda bnaa diya h
    0.6 vision,aur 6/9 kya h
    “Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.”
  • Bhai difficulty kya hoti hai? Cgl jesa? Ya usse kam ya usse tough?
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
  • @Abhishek Gupta Bhai cutoff rrb wise lagta hai ya pure India Ka ek for each posts?
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
  • @Rail_life bro konse rrb k liye apply kroge?
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
  • Apply for Mumbai region. It's having largest number of vacancies this year.
  • Ya..I will apply for Mumbai region
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
  • @Abhishek Gupta Bhai cutoff rrb wise lagta hai ya pure India Ka ek for each posts?

Cutoff har rrb ki alag alag hoti hai afaik & i applied for mumbai rrb,jee tod ke mehanat krni hai is baar yeh xam nikalna hai,brso me atti hai railway me itni sari vacancy
    @chomuphilosopher

@Gt2015
    Alahabad rrb have Highest no of vacancy this time
    Not mumbai,
    Ald rrb have some 2800 vacancy where as mumbai rrb having 2200 araound
  • Bhai difficulty kya hoti hai? Cgl jesa? Ya usse kam ya usse tough?

Mane last time tc/cc ka paper dekha tha
    Ssc se toh easy hi tha
  • Isme sabse acchi ca and ta post hai
    Grade pay wise bhi,i dont abt whtr u get time for upsc or not
    But accha hota hai yeh post
  • paper simple aata hai .... is bar ka pata nahi... pahle to har rrb ka alag alag cutoff jata tha.. aur sab aspirant sab rrb se exam dete the.. ab ek hi rrb se de sakte hain to cutoff aur bhi giregi ....
  • final result tak kitna time frame expect kar sakte hai?
  • final result tak kitna time frame expect kar sakte hai?

most probably result will be in june or july .... after that document verification/pyscho test ...
  • Which posts are good for IAS aspirants out of all these?
    Which posts have night shifts or beyond 8-9 hours work a day?
  • From all the best, i guess 'Commercial Apprentice' is best.
  • Ca is best goods guard is worst
  • sherdil said:

Which posts are good for IAS aspirants out of all these?
    Which posts have night shifts or beyond 8-9 hours work a day?

jaact(junior accountant)
    Senior cletk

Are good for ias apirant

Goods guard,asm have night shift
  • how is traffic apprentice?
  • Dnt knw abt much
    But not good as far as upsc prepration is concernd
  • i have applied from one state. can i apply from other state or not and the previous application will get cancelled?
  • i have applied from one state. can i apply from other state or not and the previous application will get cancelled?

@pranavmodak Traffic Apprentice is good job . After 2 years of training you become Station Controller/Yard Master / Station controller .
    Initially you are posted at small stations with little amenities.
    It said that Post of station controller is very stressful.

Anyways after CA , Second preference should be Trafic Apprentice for pay band reasons

Other posts are too low for a UPSC aspirant as we deserve better.

Any ways in case of Good Guards, Initially you are posted in Mail Trains for 5 years then Passenger Trains after that Express Trains.
    In case of Good Guard ,There is a running allowance paid to good guard . In mail trains , sometimes a simple chair and bulb is missing .
    Regarding , applying from other RRB . If you apply for 2 RRBs , they may bar you from future examination .
    In any case ,if I remember correctly you won't be able to apply last year I tried to apply again to change my RRB in case of JE/SSE-2015 exam. I was not able to do so as they said I had already applied for another RRB. Not sure about this year though.

For UPSC, I guess CA is best.
  • @manoj07 Any idea abt CA job profile and work load ??
  • saltydog said:

@manoj07 Any idea abt CA job profile and work load ??

After 2 years training they are posted normally as Chief Commercial/Parcel/Goods Clerk
    Next promotion will be to Parcel/Goods supervisor in GP 4600.

@saltydog
  • manoj07 said:

i have applied from one state. can i apply from other state or not and the previous application will get cancelled?

@pranavmodak Traffic Apprentice is good job . After 2 years of training you become Station Controller/Yard Master / Station controller .
    Initially you are posted at small stations with little amenities.
    It said that Post of station controller is very stressful.

Anyways after CA , Second preference should be Trafic Apprentice for pay band reasons

Other posts are too low for a UPSC aspirant as we deserve better.

Any ways in case of Good Guards, Initially you are posted in Mail Trains for 5 years then Passenger Trains after that Express Trains.
    In case of Good Guard ,There is a running allowance paid to good guard . In mail trains , sometimes a simple chair and bulb is missing .
    Regarding , applying from other RRB . If you apply for 2 RRBs , they may bar you from future examination .
    In any case ,if I remember correctly you won't be able to apply last year I tried to apply again to change my RRB in case of JE/SSE-2015 exam. I was not able to do so as they said I had already applied for another RRB. Not sure about this year though.

For UPSC, I guess CA is best.

Errata

After 2 year training, TA is posted as Section Controller / yard master /station master.
  • @manoj07 and i hope work pressure won't be much in CA as compared to TA, wrt civils prep ??
  • thanks guys...actually i am from mp and there is no post of CA in bhopal RRB that's why the problem. Well lets give the exam first and will decide after the result in case i get selected. Thanks for the quick reply @manoj07 .Also any time frame for the final results in case the exam happens in, lets say, april.
  • saltydog said:

@manoj07 and i hope work pressure won't be much in CA as compared to TA, wrt civils prep ??

On FB ,in SSC CGL group , a gentleman who himself was CA , asked all to prefer CA as it is better.From all other options in this recruitment CA is better. If you are willing to compromise with pay band you may consider senior clerk or JAA as they carry least chance of field posting .

However , you should apply for CA and other posts.
  • so basically joining as a ta is a bad decision...oh god lets see
  • thanks guys...actually i am from mp and there is no post of CA in bhopal RRB that's why the problem. Well lets give the exam first and will decide after the result in case i get selected. Thanks for the quick reply @manoj07 .Also any time frame for the final results in case the exam happens in, lets say, april.

@pranavmodak Regarding result and final appointment , according to previous precedent , Railway usually take 18 months or more for whole process to complete.

For example in case of JE /SSE-2014 we had written on 21/12/2014. Written test result in February 2015. Document verification in March 2015. after that Final result for JE was declared in around July ( I guess , unable to recall ). Final result for SSE on 20 Oct 2015. We are yet to undergo medical and all . This is the case with RRB Chandigarh which is relatively better as compared to other RRBs.
    RRB Ajmer result declared now and they are having document verification from 19 Jan 2016. So , result and all depend upon RRB.

But please apply , if you get a job it is good at least you will be free mind.

BTW in RRB Chandigarh also there is no post of CA.
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our IFoS Toppers
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1) | Read His Story
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) | Read Her Story
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) | Watch His Interview
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) | Watch His Interview

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google