MITRA'S IAS - PHILOSOPHY   FRESH BATCH BEGINS WITH FREE SEMINAR:5TH JAN'19 @ 11 AM
MITRASIAS: 39 PUSA ROAD SAMAYAK TOWER OPP. METRO PILLAR 120
Further Details Please Call us: 01145505509

Requests to ForumIAS - What you can do

Dear @root,

This letter to you is not to request for Yahoo smileys, but for requesting something substantial.

Of late we have seen a lot of new online players come up who are churning out content and coming up with test series. Today my inbox is full of emails from both insights and iasbaba.

Insights has good questions and IASbaba has good magazine, but beyond that I do not find anything relevant in them. Because of your inactivity, a lot of users are forced to use substandard material or service, which I think with your experience and userbase, you can do much better job.

Here are few things, which even @gks bhai had written about, but you did not pay heed.

1) In my college, a few seniors had joined your test series in 2013 ( Prelims ) I remember everyone was gaga over your test series initially because of the quality of questions . I remember a lot of my seniors said that your CSAT paper was more UPSC like than even CL. Your GS questions were also way ahead of Insights ( of that year )

But you later stopped all visibility of it. Ads disappeared from ForumIAS. You test was also not postponed twice ( like IAS baba and insights ) Next year you did not do any test series.

My question is why you don't do test series. There are a lot of ForumIAS members who would like to join your test series and you can charge for it.

2) There is 9 PM daily brief coming everyday. It is so comprehensive that if one follows it for 6 months, once can easily clear prelims as well as cover all current affairs for Mains. But 1) no one knows about it 2) there is no way i can get in my email even if I wanted to 3) there is no guarantee that it will continue till Mains 2015

Can you fix this? At least send email at 9PM everyday for the same or provide a method for us to subscribe to it!

3) Why dont you start some ILP like IAS Baba where you provide notes to students. Even fees like 2000-3000 per annum will not be very high , and many people would want it

4) ForumIAS interface has improved in past 1 month, but apart from that I don't see any innovation from ForumIAS.

5) Over all helpful culture of ForumIAS has gone down. There were members like Neanderthal Sir who are now no longer active. Your bakar thread is more popular than any other thread.

6) Coaching agents are everywhere on the forum. Because of advertising lot of people may have come. Please take care of all this.

7) Banking / SSC candidates are more these days and on everything they start being negative - name any test series Vision or GS Score, Sriram or Vajiram, they will start negative things about them. No one is giving proper review anymore.

Quote: Some people are born great, some acquire greatness and greatness is imposed upon some.

Other people , also please come up with suggestions to improve the quality of ForumIAS and restore its former glory.

Writing CSE Mains 2016

Comments

• uffff.......ek se ek hain yahan.
  • uffff.......ek se ek hain yahan.

Wow!

@root , Please take a call on such comments and such profiles. Either you can have such comments and discussions or you can have relevant discussions but not both.

@Subhash_Nagre @WarriorLord @Winnie_the_poo and others. Please come out in the open, despite the lack of time that we all have. What is your take Why should not the above threads be deleted given that it is a comment on a "person" without furthering the purpose of this thread.

Also tell me why should ForumIAS choose the above user over me, when the above user simply creates speculation threads that will only discourage new users from coming here because of meaningless discussions. like this:-

http://discuss.forumias.com/discussion/14776/probable-prelims-pattern-in-2016#latest

Writing CSE Mains 2016
  • Know what root, what has happened here?

1) Some idiots will do tremendous bakar and TP and will bring down forum to their level.

2) Then they will discourage others from doing any study related discussions

3) Level 3 , they will say Forum is not for serious aspirants.

Please check this phenomena that is happening on your forum.
    Writing CSE Mains 2016
  • are root ke hamdard ..padh le ja ke....seems u r a fresher. ..naive features oozing out from ur comments ...
  • are root ke hamdard ..padh le ja ke....seems u r a fresher. ..naive features oozing out from ur comments ...

Abey quitiye, mere thread pe comment kyun karta hai baar baar? Aur root what happened to your policy of English only?
    Writing CSE Mains 2016
  • edited December 2015
    [content removed]

There may be forum rules but the stakeholder's interest is supreme.

It is a fact that majority of users use Hinglish in this forum. And if root will ban all Hinglish users, there will be no users and no internet traffic and no Income and no Profit. The Balance sheet will look bad.
    The founders might be planning for Public Issue and they cannot afford to loose a big Hinglish user base.

The forum started with 5 members and strict rules but as the user base increased, the rules have been relaxed.

The rules are now just a recommendation.

Obviously, proper action is taken against abuses and inflammatory language but I must tell you the Bakar threads are not going anywhere.

The business model encourages the Bakar threads.

So, for you my friend, avoid the Bakar threads, open only the relevant intellectual threads where the language is English.

Do not take ForumIAS so seriously. ForumIAS should be your stress buster. :)
  • VivekJ2 said:

are root ke hamdard ..padh le ja ke....seems u r a fresher. ..naive features oozing out from ur comments ...

Abey quitiye, mere thread pe comment kyun karta hai baar baar? Aur root what happened to your policy of English only?
    tu bhi to dusron ke thread pe comment karta hai.pagle hansa hansa ke maarega kya?tere pas to ek .se ek idea hai,aur kaun sa english only policy ka bat kar raha hai..lol..you are so funny.
  • VivekJ2 said:

are root ke hamdard ..padh le ja ke....seems u r a fresher. ..naive features oozing out from ur comments ...

achha DanGu, tu kyun gaya tha Bipin ke thread pe.
  • edited December 2015
    [provocative] [offensive]

Root Note: Please be civil in your language by all means. Argue, but be civil Repeat offence may lead to account banning by all means.
  • bhai kya drama hai ye...matlab agar tune ye thread banaya hai toh koi dusra ispe comment bhi na kare...this forum has become a hub of aspirants...people come here to interact with other aspirants as most of us have lost contact with others...it is neither possible nor desirable to have an intellectual discussion all the time...moreover there are no defined parameters fo what constitutes bakar or meaningful discussion..people know better what is good for them and its better to avoid threads which u feel are meaningless
    Down-yes Out-No

कोशिश करने वालों की कभी हार नहीं होती।
  • @VivekJ2 I wanted to like your original post but then in few comments, you fell to the level you wanted to avoid at forumias. Now I'm not so sure.
    Perhaps, you are just like many of the other bakar janta that you dislike, albeit with slightly better english?
    Remember that, kid, so whatcha wanna do
  • @VivekJ2 I wanted to like your original post but then in few comments, you fell to the level you wanted to avoid at forumias. Now I'm not so sure.
    Perhaps, you are just like many of the other bakar janta that you dislike, albeit with slightly better english?

I agree, I fell to the very level I was condemning. I got furious. Most people thought I dont want anyone to comment on my discussion. What I meant was, not to comment to ridicule or abuse, something which has become a norm.

Mods can close this thread as it has served its purpose.

are root ke hamdard ..padh le ja ke.

achha DanGu, tu kyun gaya tha Bipin ke thread pe.
    Writing CSE Mains 2016
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog