We are hiring!

Guys, please suggest any good laser printer in the range of 5000-6000?

edited July 2013 in Tools & Technology
Guys, please suggest any good laser printer with refillable ink in range upto 6000, as we have to download and print a lot from internet in General studies and other optionals?

Comments

• edited July 2013
    One and only one- the great Canon LBP 2900 @ Rs 6000/- (approx)
    but only Black printing - no other funtion (like scan, colour print)
  • Thnx guys, actually fed up with my all in one inkjet hp.
  • edited July 2013
    u can also go for HP 1020 plus...bit costly but will be good in long run....in case of any future problem , servicing is easier for HP than canon and spare parts are also easy and cheap to access....
    else buy any HP laser printer which is 12A compatible....
    rest canon is good too but only till no problem pops out.....
  • u can also go for HP 1020 plus...bit costly but will be good in long run....in case of any future problem , servicing is easier for HP than canon and spare parts are also easy and cheap to access....
    else buy any HP laser printer which is 12A compatible....
    rest canon is good too but only till no problem pops out.....
    I have earlier purchased a hp all in one, wireless photo inkjet printer. But no refilling n catridge is vry costly.

What is the prob with the inkjet HP? I have been using it since last 4-5 months and did not come across any issues. Are there any doomsday ahead?
    Mathematics CSE 2015
  • Hey @Ankii we twins :P
  • I found about this new printer accidently.
    have been told that it is refillable and cost somewhere around 4.5k

https://ricoh.co.in/products/specifications.aspx?id=180

if any one could confirm that is actually refillable and what type of cartridge it uses, it will be a great help!
    Valar Morghulis
  • Hey @Ankii we twins :P
    ya bharat we r twins accidently

=))
    What is the prob with the inkjet HP? I have been using it since last 4-5 months and did not come across any issues. Are there any doomsday ahead?
    Buddy the problem is the cost of catridge and it is not refillable, bcoz the damn HP has given a chip containing some logic , which if we even refill does not print after a certain designated pages.
    And in 1500 rupee catridges it prints around 400 pages , i hv wasted more than 2500 in catridges. Thats why buddy i want to change it.
  • edited July 2013
    Buddy.. Go for Canon LBP 2900B... I got it for 6050 from nehru place.. Its the best printer i ever had..
    #2 years warranty
    # one refill can give you 1700-1800 pages minimum..
    The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.
  • Buddy.. Go for Canon LBP 2900B... I got it for 6050 from nehru place.. Its the best printer i ever had..
    #2 years warranty
    # one refill can give you 1700-1800 pages minimum..
    Buddy, I m thinking for same, bt I dnt live in delhi, on flipkart it is available on 6710, Is it safe to buy online,means in terms of warranty n all?
  • @Ankii dude... Online shopping is safe.. Don't worry.. You will receive the bill for warranty..

you can also buy from India times shopping..(The Times of India Group).... shopping.indiatimes.com

here..u will get this printer @ 6486 after discount..

The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.
  • Coupon code- FLASH3005
  • Coupon code- FLASH3005
    Thnx a lot buddy..
  • edited July 2013
    I finally bought a Canon 2900b printer from flipkart.. the price is same as what one can get at nehru place, if u add the transporation cost. thanks to neyawn's post here - http://forumias.com/discussion/comment/17420#Comment_17420

i was confused between hp 1020 plus and canon 2900 b (there is no better printer apart from these two if you want cheap printer, black and white and 1200-1800 pages at one refill costing 200-300/- which means less than 15-20 paisa per page ! )

I chose canon 2900b, because of resons given by neyawn 1) hp 1020 plus uses same big tank 12a toner but the first toner will be introductory which cannot be refilled and 2) canon 2900b was coming with 2 year warranty plus the 1st toner itself was fully refillable.

people buy Canon 2900B if you want peace of mind...and buy from flipkart, their delivery is safe. In case of printers i have had bad experience, as if it is not transported well, some alignment goes bad and it wont work well-> service centre-> tenion etc.

Cons - No scan function, No automatic duplex.
    Pros - you wont need another printer for 5 years at least
  • edited July 2013
    Im using all in one brother dcp 7055 laser printer. Its a good option, easy to refill too.
    Only limitation is that it prints on just one side of the sheet, but its cost effectiveness counters this.

@root this is a tech topic.

Moderator's Note: The topic has now been moved to "Tools and Technology".
    Appeared - Prelims: 4 ; Mains: 2 ; opt: Law

Nature thrives on patience; Man on impatience
  • Do we have any known issues with canon 2900 b + Macbook ?
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly