We are hiring!

Sources For GS geography(Mains)

edited December 2015 in Books & Booklists
Plzz Guys Help me!!!!!!
What are the sources you are referring for Geography(GS paper 1)
Keeping in view optional types of question being asked in mains 2014

Comments

• edited December 2015
    If you are asking for this year mains -
    I would say, don't worry much. Mains 2014 questions were not that optional type, though they seem to be at first glance. Almost all were there in some form in the Ncert books. Now, rather than going to any new source, it will be better to revise ncert and from Mrunal articles and videos (+any other source that you have already read and comfortable with). Also, there was a good thread running here in forum for contemporary geographical happenings.
  • @cReal but it was difficult to write 200 words answer just from ncert and GS geo books.. i think it is my problem may be i dont get questions so easily in my brain....and you didnt experience the same so my prep might be lacking somewhere anyway thanx
  • edited December 2015
    DBZ said:

@cReal but it was difficult to write 200 words answer just from ncert and GS geo books.. i think it is my problem may be i dont get questions so easily in my brain....and you didnt experience the same so my prep might be lacking somewhere anyway thanx

I did not experience because my optional is geography. :) So, it is not that your prep is lacking or there is any problem.
    What I was essentially trying to say that Geography having a much vast syllabus and scope, is difficult is cover in its entirety. So, if you are worried for this mains, then better to revise what you have already gone through and the basic sources such as Ncert, so that at least you can write 100 words, if not 200. and imo, gs answers need not be in detail and depth as in optional answer.

You can go through Mrunal videos and articles. they seem to be good for a revision. I am refraining myself from recommending any other source to you because I may suggest any optional level source which is not advisable at last moment.
  • @cReal Thanx B)
    you are right revision is more than anything right now
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly