Current Affairs Revision Classes + Answer Writing For Mains 2019 
the one class you can bank upon to ace Mains 2019
Don't just believe what we say, your first class is on us. Attend by registering HERE
STARTS 24th June | 5 PM

Ethics+ Batch 2 for CSE 2019
Starts 12th June, 2019Register Here
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

Quit smoking naturallly

edited November 2015 in Miscellaneous
hi...friends tell how to quit smoking naturally ...not using nicotine gums.any natural harmless substitute ?
I AINT GOT TIME TO BLEED !

Comments

• Find some other addiction, a healthy one this time. Like jogging or fitness freak, Or some sport, watching or playing or reading, Or music.. Also stay in company of people who don't smoke and have performed better in exam or at preparation level, this will give you positive push.
    Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something....
  • bhai jab chhodna chahoge tab chod dege. It needs a lot of will power and nothing else. You have to take this strong decision that from now onwards you will not take even a single puff. I know its very difficult and as the nicotine level decreases in body we start finding excuses to take few puff. That is the most important moment that will decide either you can quit or not.
    After 10-15 days you will start feeling better and then you just have to maintain the rythm.
    The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.
  • Have a gf she will kill you if you smoke...
    =))
    not necessary dude!
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
  • i am battling this addiction since one year...from 8 cigarettes per day to 1 in 20-25 days..but still unable to conquer the addiction completely...have a habit of relapsing every 20-25 days.. still it is better that last year..one thing that helped me that i stay busy...got movies to pass time and also moved back home..also remembered the primary reason why i wanted to quit smoking..
    One of the greatest mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results
  • Even i am unable to control it brother i am smoking 8-10 cigarettes per day but i do not know how to control it ... if you have some solutions let me know
  • Do meditation and yoga. Shift to spiritual like attending religious functions, reading spiritual books
    Sarvejana Sukhino Bhavanthu
  • One of my friends used these techniques:
    1.Regular Gym
    2.Shifted back to home as it is difficult to smoke before parents
    3.Take away all associations that you have with smoking at least for some time, like smoking and coffee, smoking and friends,smoking and alcohol etc.
    4.If cold turkey is too hard, try e ciggies and then quit gradually(follow point 3 )
    5.Chew gums to quit e ciggies after considerable improvement.

Rest, it is ultimately your will power.The simple thing is, after a certain age, damage caused is kind of irreparable.You need to take this decision for your better future ahead.
  • Smoking is the only addiction which iam not able to quit. Everyday I think about quitting but a line of one republic changes my mind:

'Everything that kills me, makes me feel alive'.

:)
    Akal Mrityu Vo Mare Jo Karm Kare Chandaal Ka.......Kaal Uska Kya Kare Jo Bhakt Ho MAHAKAL Ka
  • Smoking is the only addiction which iam not able to quit. Everyday I think about quitting but a line of one republic changes my mind:

'Everything that kills me, makes me feel alive'.

:)
    galat baat sir jee.Aap jaise bade bade logo ko yeh suit nahi karta.Ciggie causing damage to lungs nahi padhaya tha prof ne? :>
  • Im trying to stick to max of 3 per day but really very difficult to quit given the present circumstances
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"
    not necessary dude!
    Its from my personal experience, one of my best friend who is a chain smoker and drunkard changed a lot, after getting a good gf,now he is more addicted to her than anything else...and he left all bad habits...

• i used chewing gums to cut down smoking(orbit lemon flavour)

now i smoke as well as chew gums.. :(
    "i am the guy doing my job,you must be the other guy."
  • I would smoke the whole pack of classics in one day. Last year in sept felt terribly sick with bad cough etc. Thankfully i recovered fast and since then haven't touched. In fact the very smell of it makes me giddy now. I switched to fruits and green tea. Do meditation. And no longer do I associate myself with this vice. My honest suggestion is to keep a pack next to you and practice abstinence. You'd be surprised with your own will power. At least that's what happened with me. All the best and stay healthy :)
    not necessary dude!
    What if she also turns out to be a smoker.. Phir to bhagwan maalik hoga.. =))
    Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something....
    not necessary dude!
    Its from my personal experience, one of my best friend who is a chain smoker and drunkard changed a lot, after getting a good gf,now he is more addicted to her than anything else...and he left all bad habits...

same is the case with my friend dude..

• 2012-13-Around 20 cigs/day
    2014-15-zero
    Solutions:
    1)Strong will power
    2)keep ur mouth busy
    3)Avoid smokers
    4)whenever u feel like smoking chew something very bitter in taste(karela for example)..but not like chewing gum
    5)Avoid the movie Fight Club Lol
    Limited period offer-U can laugh at me till the 1st half of 2018
  • wiase ganja smoke karne se cancer nahi hota.see if you can switch.
  • i used chewing gums to cut down smoking(orbit lemon flavour)

now i smoke as well as chew gums.. :(

=))
    Akal Mrityu Vo Mare Jo Karm Kare Chandaal Ka.......Kaal Uska Kya Kare Jo Bhakt Ho MAHAKAL Ka
    Who told you this =))
    The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.
    Who told you this =))
    Chalo,agar nahi bhi hota ho, to bhi - koi bawla hi use pike indian polity and indian history padhega ..
    :))
  • sab sutterie bhare padey h..(inclding me) :P.
    the most effective way is to move in with parents.
    but other then that, read up every harmful effect of smoking , exercise daily.
    but kabhi kabhi to chalta h, and i think its not addiction but a really fun thing to do once in a while or with alcohol.
    i dont think i will ever quit completely, kabhi kahbi kuch kash to kheech hi lunga..
  • edited November 2015
    1. Addictions cant be overcome, they can only be replaced. Be it staying busy,keeping your mouth busy , meditation etc. Its just that some are "healthier" addictions.
    2. If you need a girl to quit smoking, what does that tell about your will power?
    3. Nicotine gums, e-cigarettes are not a permanent solution. Relapse chances are very high.

What helps keeping things in check(personal exp) :-
    Keep urself busy. Preparation phase gives a lot of free time,hence more risk.
    Staying at home(with parents)/or (with anyone who keeps poking you regarding the habit) reduces the amount of smoking.
    Keep ur mouth busy with chewing gums.

IF you cant quit, devise methods to cut down on it. (I went from 20-25 odd per day to 0 to 12 per week now.) Dont keep packets with you, even if you buy a packet , dont buy more than 5 cigarettes('if you have a habit of finishing the packet till morning). In the night around 2-3 am you would run out of stock. Now nowhere to go..haha. + you are lazy.
    By buying lesser number, you would need more visits to the seller. Sometimes, you wont have time for it, sometimes you would be too lazy.

even if its silly, keep doing it. Automatically ur smoking appetite would be reduced to lesser than half. (this was for heavy smokers.) Also, shift to lighter brands.

Some of us associate "thinking" with smoking and are natural smokers now, unfortunately. Dont quit, if it hampers your productivity. Just reduce it drastically. Its a psychological thing. Will power n all is well n good, but if its a daily snack for you.. take it as such. Even eating too much causes problems.

A smoker is a smoker when the chips are down.

But as Tyler Durden said(haha, Fight Club) - On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero. ;)
    जहाँ जन्नत की उम्मीद ही नहीं वहाँ गुनाहो से क्या डरना..
  • Staying at home(with parents)/or (with anyone who keeps poking you regarding the habit) reduces the amount of smoking.

Bro, a girl wali friend does that for you.But the problem is,I have seen my friends,if a girl says something regarding their habits, they take it as interference in their lives--ego problem ... :D
    Who told you this =))
    Marijuana dsnt cause cancer,its verified roj khane mai do chammach milake khana chahiye sahi rehta hai
  • The best way is to move home when one wants to quit. Initial few days are always tough but being at home wid family keeps ur mind occupied and ur attention diverted. Once you move out of ur home the only thing u need to battle is psychological urge and not withdrawal symptoms. Start jogging and exercising. It helps.
    Valar Morghulis
  • And dont be callous when ur frnds say...arrey sutta jalao/piyoge or when u r having a drink u might think once in a while toh chalta hai...i hvnt done it fr so many days... just dont do it...ur mind will try to trick u in many ways....the best thing u can do is not to think about it... if u see a pan stall and idea of smoking comes in ur mind...just dont stop thr but move ahead even if u feel like smoking...the key is to stop thinking abt it
    Valar Morghulis
  • Smoking kills... and so do oxygen(breathing)

If you have the will u can do it... i quite smoking after smoking for 5 yrs... the most common problem in smoking is, when u see someone smoking u too feel tge urge to smoke ... if you will overcome this you certainly on the right track...
    I vow to win.... !!!
  • Ittne saare suttebaaz hai re, eha ! @-)
    Deva re deva. :-t
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly