Current Affairs Revision Classes + Answer Writing For Mains 2019 
the one class you can bank upon to ace Mains 2019
Don't just believe what we say, your first class is on us. Attend by registering HERE
STARTS 24th June | 5 PM

Ethics+ Batch 2 for CSE 2019
Starts 12th June, 2019Register Here
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

Civil Service for people from LGBT community

I had this thing in my mind for a long time. Recently GATE and CAT have separate categories for Transgender students. Also India with its large population must be having lots of lesbian and gay citizens. How is a traditional career like Civil Service suited for them. Does being from the LGBT community act as a hurdle in their career choices.

Comments

• The society is not at all receptive towards them. Though i think situation will improve. I think reservation to them in jobs and education can better their prospects(actually it is them and the disabled who needs the reservation most). That way they will be more willing to pursue their desired careers.
  • Bro, it wont be a hurdle, if you do not officially reveal your sexual orientation. Like america's infamous "don't ask, don't tell" military policy.
    CSE 2015. Got in.

CSE 2016. Hopefully, the hallowed All India Services.
  • It is Transgenders who are disadvantaged and they are denied educational opportunities.

I am afraid in future Western countries will in LGB colonialism after environmental colonialism...
  • It is Transgenders who are disadvantaged and they are denied educational opportunities.

I am afraid in future Western countries will in LGB colonialism after environmental colonialism...
  • in civil services, you either stay single or get married, no scope of dating or live in or relationships etc. lesbians, gays can not get married, as it is illegal, they can not do dating and shit publicly or privately coz the word gets out. so they will have to stay single or else be really secretive about their relationship.
    for bisexual people, if they find an opposite sex mate, than all is dandy but they would become monosexual, bisexual is someone with at least two partners of different gender. or they could just remain single or be secretive about their relationship(s).
    For transgender people, its really bad, coz they can't hide like LGB can.
    So basically,to have a successful Civil services career, expressing sexuality is not a good thing.
    With time , i hope sexuality becomes independent from career as it is a personal matter.
  • i don't cse has anything to do with a person's sexuality.. they must get a chance
  • Lesbian and gay are male and female only... why they need different category... :-@
    Transgender ko different category me rakh sakte hai... ~:>
    I vow to win.... !!!
  • Mazak ho rakha hai yahan..
  • Lesbian and gay are male and female only... why they need different category... :-@
    Transgender ko different category me rakh sakte hai... ~:>
    Lesbian and gay are similar physically they have different preferences.
    Transgender and bisexuals can be given advantages because they suffer from disqualification/humiliation when called for medical examination.
    Rest all LGBT community roadshow can always go on externally while upsc may instruct medical examiners to secretly not to disqualify anyone with reproductive system anomaly for desk jobs.
    Uniformed services shouldn't be allowed to them.

http://www.business-standard.com/article/beyond-business/k-prithika-yashini-is-india-s-first-transgender-police-officer-115111301174_1.html
    One of the greatest mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results
  • edited June 2016
    If you give reservation to LGBT, I am sure that it will be abused a lot. There is no need to reveal your sexuality if you are L or G or B; on the other hand - if one is a trangender - one is still either male or female. A biologically male person can transgender into female and vice-versa.
    What I cannot do:
    Spell "Antecedent".

What I can do:
    Crack CSE.
  • If you give reservation to LGBT, I am sure that it will be abused a lot. There is no need to reveal your sexuality if you are L or G or B; on the other hand - if one is a trangender - one is still either male or female. A biologically male person can transgender into female and vice-versa.

+1000
  • kgips said:

in civil services, you either stay single or get married, no scope of dating or live in or relationships etc. lesbians, gays can not get married, as it is illegal, they can not do dating and shit publicly or privately coz the word gets out. so they will have to stay single or else be really secretive about their relationship.
    for bisexual people, if they find an opposite sex mate, than all is dandy but they would become monosexual, bisexual is someone with at least two partners of different gender. or they could just remain single or be secretive about their relationship(s).
    For transgender people, its really bad, coz they can't hide like LGB can.
    So basically,to have a successful Civil services career, expressing sexuality is not a good thing.
    With time , i hope sexuality becomes independent from career as it is a personal matter.

Is it illegal to ve gay /lesbian or to have unnatural sexual intercouse ?
    these are two diff things i suppose
    HUSTLE
  • sooner or later we'll have to recognize the rights of the lgbt community ...i am sure there might be some already serving ias/ips/ifs etc officers from this community ...but they might have hidden their identity by marrying the opposite sex .....
  • Chuceps said:

sooner or later we'll have to recognize the rights of the lgbt community ...i am sure there might be some already serving ias/ips/ifs etc officers from this community ...but they might have hidden their identity by marrying the opposite sex .....

+1
    all i need is You Lord
  • Chuceps said:

sooner or later we'll have to recognize the rights of the lgbt community ...i am sure there might be some already serving ias/ips/ifs etc officers from this community ...but they might have hidden their identity by marrying the opposite sex .....

this is very difficult in near future.. our society is very conservative and this is an issue on which all major religion lobby is united.. perhaps judicial intervention will set them free someday..
    duniya..
  • This is getting ridiculous now.This collegium appointed activist judiciary is completely out of control.I wonder,if these Judges dont feel any guilt when completely abusing the consitution by making laws themselves,when they are permitted only to interpret the law.

A democracy where laws are not made by elected legislature is no democracy at all.Indian democracy has been hijacked totally by NGOs and lobbies who exert influence from judiciary to legislature,with much of blame going to spineless govt who pushes all the controversial matters to SC.

Angrej chale gaye leaving Brown Sahibs to rule!

In a matter like section 377,Should not the people of India have a say on whether to delete it or not.In the garb of interpretation,SC has converted sun rise to sunset.They only want to hog limelights in media in otherwise a low profile job.

Since LGBT lobbies can never convince people of India,they are pushing their agenda via backdoor.For every advocate of this kind of perversion,just see one video of Pride parade of Lisbon and then tell me if you want this filth in India

Land of Dharma allowing unnatural sex including Bestiality and Incest?
    I did nazi that coming,and neither did visionaries who spilled their blood for freedom.
  • One cant include transgender in LGBQ type of perversion.
    Why most of the LGB are left handed?
    Why they are more oriented towards arts and litreture.
    Is it not because of warped DNA?
    Are not 99% of LGB are pedophiles or victim of pedophiles
    And incest is far more prevalent in biological species,so why so much stigma for incest only?Or is it right of privacy too?
    And why forget animal sex,like in Europe? Maybe "cultural Nationalist' party can open Deen Dayal Bes**** centre in India for employment.

As Tyson Fury said,that day is not far when we shall see legalizing of pedophillia,and already like LGBT there are many organizations like Man and Boy lovers asso etc that have come up.

(Sorry for these rants,but could not help it)
  • One cant include transgender in LGBQ type of perversion.
    And incest is far more prevalent in biological species,so why so much stigma for incest only?Or is it right of privacy too?
    And why forget animal sex,like in Europe? Maybe "cultural Nationalist' party can open Deen Dayal Bes**** centre in India for employment.

As Tyson Fury said,that day is not far when we shall see legalizing of pedophillia,and already like LGBT there are many organizations like Man and Boy lovers asso etc that have come up.

I thought to stay away from this discussion even after reading this. I thought other forumites would knock some sense into people who make these comments. But nine hours and no comment!

People like you should mind your business. What happens between two consenting adults is none of your business. Or anyone's business for that matter. And you should learn to Google before posting any information from whatsapp forwards.
  • CrayTee said:

One cant include transgender in LGBQ type of perversion.

I thought to stay away from this discussion even after reading this. I thought other forumites would knock some sense into people who make these comments. But nine hours and no comment!

People like you should mind your business. What happens between two consenting adults is none of your business. Or anyone's business for that matter. And you should learn to Google before posting any information from whatsapp forwards.
    Haha,indeed you should have stayed away rather than posting a rhetorical reply devoid of any logical arguement/fact.
    What I have written about Collegium judiciary and LGBT lobbies is naked and bitter truth.
    Thats why you could not muster a simple coherent reply and dismissed it as whatsapp message.
    And yes,incest and bestiality cannot be allowed in garb of consenting adults/rights of privacy.Remember Karma catches up behind closed doors too.
    adios
  • CrayTee said:

Haha,indeed you should have stayed away rather than posting a rhetorical reply devoid of any logical arguement/fact.
    What I have written about Collegium judiciary and LGBT lobbies is naked and bitter truth.
    Thats why you could not muster a simple coherent reply and dismissed it as whatsapp message.
    And yes,incest and bestiality cannot be allowed in garb of consenting adults/rights of privacy.Remember Karma catches up behind closed doors too.
    adios
    Incest and Bestiality have nothing to do with LGBTQ.
  • This is getting ridiculous now.This collegium appointed activist judiciary is completely out of control.I wonder,if these Judges dont feel any guilt when completely abusing the consitution by making laws themselves,when they are permitted only to interpret the law.

A democracy where laws are not made by elected legislature is no democracy at all.Indian democracy has been hijacked totally by NGOs and lobbies who exert influence from judiciary to legislature,with much of blame going to spineless govt who pushes all the controversial matters to SC.

In a matter like section 377,Should not the people of India have a say on whether to delete it or not.In the garb of interpretation,SC has converted sun rise to sunset.They only want to hog limelights in media in otherwise a low profile job.

Since LGBT lobbies can never convince people of India,they are pushing their agenda via backdoor.For every advocate of this kind of perversion,just see one video of Pride parade of Lisbon and then tell me if you want this filth in India

I did nazi that coming,and neither did visionaries who spilled their blood for freedom.
    Why they have to convince ppl of India for their personal choices.. They just want a law.. And there is no incest included in LGBT.. If u don't like the idea then stay away.. It is their choice and orientation.. U should not be bothered by what is happening in their private affairs of love
    all i need is You Lord
  • CrayTee said:

adios
    live and let live
  • doc said:

This is getting ridiculous now.This collegium appointed activist judiciary is completely out of control.I wonder,if these Judges dont feel any guilt when completely abusing the consitution by making laws themselves,when they are permitted only to interpret the law.

Why they have to convince ppl of India for their personal choices.. They just want a law.. And there is no incest included in LGBT.. If u don't like the idea then stay away.. It is their choice and orientation.. U should not be bothered by what is happening in their private affairs of love
    Bade dino Baad dikhi madam. How is ur Philo prep going.
    Believe in yourself.
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly