ANSWER WRITING GROUP (AWG) 2019
ForumIAS AWG 2019 Entrance Exam will be held on 8th June | 9 AM.   CLICK HERE to know more and apply.
Ethics+ Batch 2 for CSE 2019
Starts 12th June, 2019Register Here
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

What Private Info FORUMIAS and MODS have about user?

Seeing lot of comments about Privacy
So Filing this RTI ;)
On Serious Note, It's a right of users to be anonymous so that they can be frank.
What info is collected by forum IAS and with whom it is shared?
Do mods know about our facebook profile with which we log in?
Do mods know about IP address we use?
Thanks in advance from providing info :)

Comments

• edited October 2015
    @Neyawn @root : root ji aisa kuch function yaha provide kar dijiye ki forumIAS ki profile ko hum log Delete kar sake humesha ke liye , permanently .......Jaise Facebook mein rehta hai naa, Delete account , .....us type ka kuch function ....

Agar ye kar paaye aap to badi meherbaani hogi aapki root ji
  • moderaters se kai baar baahas hoti hai debates me...ya kabhi kabhar mods ke doston se..aise me kisi khaas dost ki request aane pe kabhi kisi mod ne user ki identity leak ki hai kya kya???
    @root plz ye sawaal apne super mods aur other mods se pooche...
  • moderaters se kai baar baahas hoti hai debates me...ya kabhi kabhar mods ke doston se..aise me kisi khaas dost ki request aane pe kabhi kisi mod ne user ki identity leak ki hai kya kya???
    @root plz ye sawaal apne super mods aur other mods se pooche...

agar identity pta chalti hogi to pakka hai ke leak bhi hui hogi..
    Chuck the Chucking Chuckers!!!
    Prelim:2009,2013,2014,2015
    Mains:2013,2014
    Interview: ---------
  • I want to assure you that mods don't see the email id or other details of members. Baki I support that there should be option to delete the profile like other social media sites.
    Musafir hu yaaron... na ghar hai na thikana... mujhe chalate jana hai, bas chalate hi jana hai.........
  • ^^+1000
    At first they will ask why you're doing it, later they'll ask how you did it!
  • +999999999999
  • edited October 2015
    As a mod, I don't have access to any user data. Don't know about the super mods. And I concur. There should be an option to delete the profile. For the sake of the Forum, the comments can remain with 'deleted' shown as the user name.
    One man can change the world with a bullet in the right place.
  • I want to assure you that mods don't see the email id or other details of members. Baki I support that there should be option to delete the profile like other social media sites.
    @lafanga_warrior what abt super mods ?? and ppl who were mods in post mains bakar thread...kya unhone kabhi kisi ki identity leak nahi ki hai?? ask them??
  • okk if mods cant see the user name then ho come that person revealed the identity..forum ki security itni lax hai??

and what about super mods and admins ...how much info they have?? and kya woh third person ko leak karte hai personal information.
    @lafanga_warrior what abt super mods ?? and ppl who were mods in post mains bakar thread...kya unhone kabhi kisi ki identity leak nahi ki hai?? ask them??
    Supermods have the access I guess. But there are only 3 active supermods as per my knowledge. Don't assume that mods are superhumans or robots without any emotions. It's not easy to deal with abuses on daily basis.
    Musafir hu yaaron... na ghar hai na thikana... mujhe chalate jana hai, bas chalate hi jana hai.........
    Supermods have the access I guess. But there are only 3 active supermods as per my knowledge. Don't assume that mods are superhumans or robots without any emotions. It's not easy to deal with abuses on daily basis.
    main abuses ki baat nahi kar raha..mera comment dekho..baat debates ki ho rahi hai..kai paar sensitive topics pe debate hoti hai ya speculation me insiders ki aalochana( not abuse) ki jaati hai..i just want ki in case me kisi se personal dushmani na nikali jaaye

i am asking these specific question because i fear that something like this happened ..now i cant come up with any evidence thats why i am requesting root to look though it..obviously its only a request ki aage se aisa na ho...

ppl here write big essays on aadhar , right to privacy..hope they apply it in real life also..

• EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS
    after reading tons of comments,

I want to know who has access to our data apart from root/admin.
    Because,
    1. If Fuhrer dint have access to the data, then how did it get it?
    2. Has any super mod/admin helped him get the data?

The hacking thing he said is pure lie.

The max a person can know, that too in a P2P connection or by making the person to click a link in PM is, IP address. You cannot know a person's name or address using IP Address unless the one contacts the respective ISP.

I am 100% sure there was no hacking, but someone helped fuhrer to get his info(if fuhrer, as a mod did not have access to the data).

We need to know who helped him.

PS: nothing against fuhrer or lelouch, i am only concerned about the privacy of data and want to know who all on forumias can access our data. Thats it.

Fuhrer bhai, saying again, nothing against you. i need clarification from @root thats all.

I NEED A CLARIFICATION ON THIS ISSUE, HOW DO I KNOW THAT MY DATA IS IN SAFE HANDS?
    If you know it is a pure LIE than produce some technical stuff to support your argument else don't make such ludicrous claims and judgements or PROVE it first. First you are writing two lines of your opinion and assuming your opinion to be a technical fact you are shooting a question. lol

If you are 100% sure that there was no hacking then you should also be 100% sure that know one knows tricks better than you. C'mmon cut me some slack. Naivety at it's height.

P.S: Nothing against you
    Valar Morghulis
  • I have been a member moderator for many years here. So, here's my take.

Supermoderator has the option to edit someone's username and email id. With this knowledge, it shouldn't be hard to find out about facebook/twitter/other social media ids.

Doubt there was any hacking involved. And moderators and super moderators should also be super careful with such details here. Rest assured @root and ForumIAS take issues of privacy very seriously.
    A republic without a pub is a relic | Criticize the post, not the poster |
This discussion has been closed.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google