Ranklist & Marks ! Offline Test Takers of ForumIAS Simulator Test 0
Click here to view score and results
We are hiring!
Visit http://go.forumias.com/changetheworld to apply now!
Click here for online test   All India Open Simulator Test 2019, Online test will be active upto 18th March, 8 PM today.

SBI PO Exam 2013 - GK Questions Required

edited September 2013 in Banking
Has anyone of you given the SBI PO exam today?

If yes, can you please post the questions from the GK section. I heard a few of the questions were good. esp. related to economy

Comments

• @soap_bend Mrunal will do it soon! :)
  • edited April 2013
    @soap_bend: i gave it dost! but i doubt the quality of questions...sometimes i felt like breaking the pen...uhh..why i gave that exam...how is it going to check any merit at all...

Few qs
    q.IMF Chief Name
    q.Marketing Chief Focus : Seller or Buyer
    q.What is Maximum Limit of tax rebate
    q. For which income group budget rebate issued this budget
    q. All women's bank's initial capital

They even asked what do speakers do? input sound or output sound!!!!!!!!!!

Any one plz temper this with what you found good in GK. I too dunno why i lie on critical side always :P

PS: they take the paper back

and Drona asked,"what do you see?","the sparrow's eye!"......and Krishna replied,"Turning their discerning mind to That, directing their whole conscious being to That, making That their whole aim and the sole object of their devotion, they go whence there is no return"
  • Apparently 17 lakh people have applied for 1500 PO vacancies!
  • @ak_cs +1 Completely agree. I doubt even one question from the paper could be considered good/relevant w.r.t UPSC CSE!
  • @fallen_leaves @AK_CS Totally agree with u'll.But just out of curiosity how many questions did u guys attempt? Though i didn count but i think i attempted between 125-135(i know its a wide range but where was the time to check :D
  • I attempted around 170 questions, I skipped a couple of english comprehension and some time consuming reasoning questions. Finishing 200 questions in 120 minutes is highly improbable.
  • @Stardust1901 Woah! 170 is simply brilliant man!
  • @Dilip Initially I skipped any question which I felt would take more than 30 seconds to answer. In the second iteration I skipped all questions which would take more than 2 minutes to answer. I talked to people who actually spent up to 15 minutes on especially time-consuming questions, which is not a wise thing to do when all questions carry the same marks and time is precious.
  • Why doesn't somebody upload the question paper here? If you have an android phone and have the app "camscanner", it will do.
    *No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |
  • @Neyawn We had to submit the question paper towards the end. :(
  • @Stardust1901 Yeah agree with you completely. I also applied a similar strategy.But then inspite of that i doubt i've attempted over 135.
  • @dilip I attempted around ~150. Quant/DI and GA/GK went good. Even English was fair. Reasoning was a different story though! Lol! Lets see how it goes!
  • Argh, thats bad :-( Do they never give out question papers in the end?
    *No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |
  • Few questions (I did not appear)

Q. Premier of China
    Q. Budget allocation for some women related scheme
    Q. Cross-selling

Essay
    1. Global Warming
    2. Banking is pivotal to daily life (something like that :D)

Precis
    E-commerce
    One is not born, but rather becomes, a woman.
  • There must be a number of questions sets because I did not have any of these questions^.
  • edited April 2013
    @Dilip: bhai! I dont know exactly but my attempt was around 140 (+-).....and the topping above all is that i missed precis and letter. :))...couldn't complete..... :-((
    you (all) may laugh at me but it would be better if you could suggest something as to pack my bags or add some new and discard some old stuff from it....Guys! How did you do the descriptive english paper? :D (is it a dumb question)
    and Drona asked,"what do you see?","the sparrow's eye!"......and Krishna replied,"Turning their discerning mind to That, directing their whole conscious being to That, making That their whole aim and the sole object of their devotion, they go whence there is no return"
  • There must be a number of questions sets because I did not have any of these questions^.
    It's a possibility because this time the exam was conducted in 2 sessions - Morning & Afternoon.

• My attempt was around 170, morning session. I too found the quality of General Awareness questions very poor. Not that they were easy, but I don't find them anywhere near UPSC standards. English, Descriptive paper and Quant went well. I felt that Reasoning questions were a few notches above the CSAT standard, some reasoning questions took me a whole 2 minutes to comprehend, never mind me solving them under 2 minutes.
  • By the way, what will be the cut off generally? And what about the sectional cut offs? Will the sectional cut off be higher than 25?
  • @AK_CS Arre finally koi mere se thoda close hua :D.170 waalon ne toh complex de diya :P .Descriptive was good :)
  • Some sbi po gk questions-evening session
    1.savings rates are decided by
    banks
    rbi
    govt

2.planned expediture of govt includes
    irrelevant 4 options and answer one

3.playing to win autobiography of whom
    saina neniwal
    yuvraj etc

4.march 20 is celebrated as day
    haapinnes

5.bank holidays are decided under
    rbi act
    banking regulation act
    sebi act
    apmc act

6.captain of australian cricket team which recently visited india

7. muhhamad yunus is associated with-micofinance

8.fi specially for sme?
    sebi sidbi nabard etc

9.crab computers and marketing

10 whatt is crr

no where near upsc/no relevance

essay on importance on instruction in vernacular medium
    importance of woman safety at workplace
  • 1. 85th academy award actor
    2. pt ravi shankar posthumous award name
    3. what did RBI reduce by 25 basis pt in march review
    4. largest computer - mainframe ., desktop etc.

my attempt 160
  • Does the budget allocation for all women bank come under gender budgeting?

@vivekk I did not understand q8. Can you please elaborate?

@khajoor what is cross selling?
  • i solved only 20 of reasoning..so theres going to be a situation where i will score above overall cutoff in 3 parts but still wont qualify due to reasoning...lol....or should i cry out loud?
    Stay Classy ...Stay Genuine
  • @soap_bend
    question was which of the following financial institution specifically works for financing small amd medium enterprises.

• i solved only 20 of reasoning..so theres going to be a situation where i will score above overall cutoff in 3 parts but still wont qualify due to reasoning...lol....or should i cry out loud?
    Exactly what happened with me :P 22 in reasoning and 135+ in other 3
    But sectional cutoff is rarely in double digits ... so you can still qualify
  • And the GK part was so pathetic i doubt anything like that will be asked in any civil service exam [-(

• @khajoor what is cross selling?
    It's a marketing term, that's what I was told :)
    The practice of selling or suggesting related or complimentary products to a prospect or customer. Cross selling is one of the easiest and most effective methods of marketing. In the financial services arena, cross selling can mean selling different types of investments to investors, or even insurance to investors, or tax preparation to retirement planning clients.
    (From Investopedia)

• @khajoor what is cross selling?
    It's a marketing term, that's what I was told :)
    The practice of selling or suggesting related or complimentary products to a prospect or customer. Cross selling is one of the easiest and most effective methods of marketing. In the financial services arena, cross selling can mean selling different types of investments to investors, or even insurance to investors, or tax preparation to retirement planning clients.
    (From Investopedia)

In simple words, it means selling more products to an already existing customer.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google