MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

Reviews on Shubhra Ranjan or Piyush Choubey

Guys i m in the conundrum whether to go with well established name or a new faculty .since SR batch would start in dec thts why i m considering Gs score's piyush choubey ,if anybody has any review regarding him plzz lemme know.Also suggest me how to proceed for pol sci entirely new to it

Comments

• When Piyush Choubey classes are going to start??
  • dont know but sir is starting her batch in dec nd i m worried would she be able to complete the syllabus .Moreover i heard of her that she doesnt teach ir part
  • GS score in general has good teachers apart from their eco faculty Bhushan Sir. Attending his lecture may just make you feel good about how you can teach the class better :P

I'm a pub ad student but I have attended contemporary issues classes of GS score where piyush chaubey taught international relations and some parts of internal issues. He is a good teacher and explains comprehensively. He will dictate some parts and discuss some. No idea about shubhra mam though.

Hope it helps
  • Shubhra mam is good for paper 1 and average for paper 2. But overall she will give you fair idea on the subject and how to tackle it. And most importantly she is experienced with the exam pattern.
    Political Science | History
  • I would suggest Dr. Piyush chaubey, best for paper-2 and paper-1 section A, his way of teaching is very innovative, examples and illustration are very connecting and more over he is updated and interactive but lazy and sometimes entertain useless questions.
  • hello guys

it is indeed a best time to share something worth and relevant.couple of months back i joined piyush chowbey sir class for political science and paper 2 to be specific,i am glad to say that his classes helped me alot.he is very rhetoric and not monologue during classes rather crisp and classic while delivering his thoughts on various topic and very easily comprehended.
    i am preparing for civils 2016 and had appeared for jnu 2016 exam for IR(Course - PSIM (SCHOOL OF INTERNATIONAL STUDIES)) got selected with Rank -06)).i would recommend piyush sir class ,it was great of help to me to secure a good rank as well in my mains preparation,i hope it would render you the same.

Thanks!
    Best of Luck.
  • hello guys

it is indeed a best time to share something worth and relevant.couple of months back i joined piyush chowbey sir class for political science and paper 2 to be specific,i am glad to say that his classes helped me alot.he is very rhetoric and not monologue during classes rather crisp and classic while delivering his thoughts on various topic and very easily comprehended.
    i am preparing for civils 2016 and had appeared for jnu 2016 exam for IR(Course - PSIM (SCHOOL OF INTERNATIONAL STUDIES)) got selected with Rank -06)).i would recommend piyush sir class ,it was great of help to me to secure a good rank as well in my mains preparation,i hope it would render you the same.

Thanks!
    Best of Luck.

I am also going to join his classes next month .
    1.should I join gs score batch or in his own coaching or it doesn't matter ? BTW I'll be staying in Mukherjee nagar .
    2.How much time he takes to complete the syllabus ?
    3.I heard from other forum members he is too lazy and not punctual at all?
    4.did you attend some test series for Psir and if yes then where and how did it feel after learning from Piyush sir ?
  • no, i dint join any of his test series...but may be in future
  • no, i dint join any of his test series...but may be in future

Thanks for your reply but could you answer 2 and 3 also as its important .

Thanks again
  • Shubra Ranjan Mam is very nice She deals with every topic. She is very mature and knowledgable. Even on the most contentious issues, which move the students and they get highly aggressive and shriek at the top of their lungs, she remains calm and deals with their aggresiveness with logical analysis and positive inputs. I think she is the best teacher in Political Science and International Relations.
    There are a few videos done by her on her youtube channel... You can watch them.. However I would say that youtube videos are nothing compared to interactive classes. This is because, she has to complete a topic in stipulated time and no interaction. Also she is new to the youtube and video thing. May be her channel will be a guide to the future aspirants when she gets good enough in her act on youtube.

Piyush Sir, I dont knwo about cause I have never met him or taken a trial class. So cant comment on him.

Good Luck in your Selection
  • Shubra Mam is definitely a very reputed faculty but Dr. Piyush is the best choice for anyone not satisfied with her or if appearing for the first time. In my experience of two mains and one interview and my third attempt with Pol Science here , i feel that Paper 2 has emerged as the more scoring one and this one area where Dr. Piyush holds an edge. He is really very updated on the current scenario and has good command even over those areas from where UPSC can spring a surprise like new theories or regions like South America etc.Choose what pedagogy suits you best since both are good faculties without doubt.
  • For classes - Shubhra Ranjan is good; for test series - Piyush is good.
  • Piyush chobey ko kuch nhi aata. Over there over there karta rahega. Can't even speak in correct English.
    South America ki baat ki kisine. He can't even draw the map of south America

Shubhra ranjan ka no idea
    BAN ALL INSIDERS
  • Any day shubhra ranjan is best. Her results itself speak. Many toppers in past have just read her notes and got ranks. My immediate senior got 270 odd marks last year.. Piyush sir lacks overall grip of UPSC as far as my experience with him in one workshop. Mam has experience in UPSC. We dont have to do phd in PSIR. We jus need methods and ways to clear exam which i think mam can only give..
  • i was told for students staying outside delhi she has also started online test series in both hindi and english from this year..
  • Hi everyone
    Saw this thread so thought of sharing my experience about Dr. Piyush Chaubey .
    He was like my mentor. I studied Pol Sci from him in 2011 when he used to teach in Mukherjee Nagar. His knowledge base is very strong, and most importantly he understands the pulse of UPSC. I can assure you without any doubt that it will be difficult to find a better teacher than him for UPSC in POl SCi in general and IR in paticular.
    Btw in 2012 attempt I secured 247 in Pol Sci in my first attempt which I think was a decent score that year.

whether anyone joins him or not but DO take guess questions from your friends who joined him as his guess questions are very accurate. I remember that around 220 to 250 marks questions were directly from his guess questions (15 odd questions which he gave before exams).

Someone above have written that he cant speak English and cant draw map of South America. My only advice to dear friend is that you must realize that in optionals UPSC doesnt check your English knowledge for that they have compulsory language paper and regarding map thing, its Pol Sci and not Geography. It is needless to say that his English is absolutely fine and he will make you understand things in simple lucid language.

I never went to Shubhra mam so cant comment about her. She is holding top position in this industry which shows she must have some very good credentials. But anyone wants to go to alternate option then Piyush sir is worth giving a try.

Thanks

Dr. Hemant Tiwari, IPS
  • Hi everyone
    He was like my mentor. I studied Pol Sci from him in 2011 when he used to teach in Mukherjee Nagar. His knowledge base is very strong, and most importantly he understands the pulse of UPSC. I can assure you without any doubt that it will be difficult to find a better teacher than him for UPSC in POl SCi in general and IR in paticular.
    Btw in 2012 attempt I secured 247 in Pol Sci in my first attempt which I think was a decent score that year.

whether anyone joins him or not but DO take guess questions from your friends who joined him as his guess questions are very accurate. I remember that around 220 to 250 marks questions were directly from his guess questions (15 odd questions which he gave before exams).

Someone above have written that he cant speak English and cant draw map of South America. My only advice to dear friend is that you must realize that in optionals UPSC doesnt check your English knowledge for that they have compulsory language paper and regarding map thing, its Pol Sci and not Geography. It is needless to say that his English is absolutely fine and he will make you understand things in simple lucid language.

I never went to Shubhra mam so cant comment about her. She is holding top position in this industry which shows she must have some very good credentials. But anyone wants to go to alternate option then Piyush sir is worth giving a try.

Thanks

Dr. Hemant Tiwari, IPS

I am planning to join both -> SR & Piyush Chaubey. Will write less for GS but more for PSIR this year ? Does it sound like a good strategy ?
  • Friends

Shubra Ranjan Madam is also providing Online Test Series this time, She will provide Online Test+ Crash Course Notes + Test Series Discussion Videos(12000/- for Old Students and 15000/- for new).

Please clarify one thing : If anyone attended her crash course in past can tell that what kind of Notes are provided by her during crash course.

I am confused between choosing Chaubey Sir Online (QIP{Quality Improvement programme}+Test Series+Test Discussion videos ) or

Shubramadam Online(Test Series + Crash Course Notes+ Test Discussion videos)
    Prelims 4 ,Mains 4* Interview 0
    #Working #Political Science
    #Tu Shaheen hai Parwaaz kaam tera , Tere age abhi asmaan aur bhi hai"
  • Habermas said:

Hi everyone

Thanks

Dr. Hemant Tiwari, IPS

I am planning to join both -> SR & Piyush Chaubey. Will write less for GS but more for PSIR this year ? Does it sound like a good strategy ?
    Decide yourself about SR or PC.
    But regarding writing more in PSIR n less in GS.
    Please understand there is nothing like more or less. Your answer must be complete. eg if you were ask to draw a human portrait for 10 marks and 20 marks.
    In response to 20marks you may draw an elaborate portrait , giving fine details of face, facial shades etc etc.
    But it does not mean that you have to skip say nose or lips or ears etc in response to 10arks question. Point is that you still have to make entire portrait but you may avoid giving fine details.

Summary: Answer is either complete or partial. There is nothing like long and short answers.
  • Defcon1 said:

So shubra mam's first class is tomorrow and she said aspirant must attend it and vajiram says we have to pay first in order to attend it.
    I'm in the danger 111-115 cutoff zone with two controversial questions namely GOVERNOR AND UNCCD under my belt.
    Confused as hell what to do

Can you tell me the timing of her lecture which is scheduled on 20 August
  • Friends

Shubra Ranjan Madam is also providing Online Test Series this time, She will provide Online Test+ Crash Course Notes + Test Series Discussion Videos(12000/- for Old Students and 15000/- for new).

Please clarify one thing : If anyone attended her crash course in past can tell that what kind of Notes are provided by her during crash course.

I am confused between choosing Chaubey Sir Online (QIP{Quality Improvement programme}+Test Series+Test Discussion videos ) or

Shubramadam Online(Test Series + Crash Course Notes+ Test Discussion videos)

Is it really availble ? I couldn't found it mentioned on their website.. Please tell ASAP.. Vajiram admins don't pick up calls also.... :(

Do tell the procedure for admission to this online course if possible...

• Defcon1 said:

hello guys

Thanks!
    Best of Luck.

Fake promotion.
    Join bhi 22july ko aur review bhi
    haha @Defcon1 bhai.. kyun le rahe ho uski.. waise piyush chaubey is a good teacher... lot of older people have joined him for pol science.. font know about first timers.. can go for him if you are unable to get good marks in pol science after doing shubhra ma'am's notes/classes...
  • Bhai log Judgmental hone se bacho, jo jahan se important milta hai le lo, without any doubt piyush chaubey is good teacher, Paper-2 main excellent hai. Subhra mam is good, few topics are very good in her notes.
  • AGREE WITH YOU
    anupam17 said:

I would suggest Dr. Piyush chaubey, best for paper-2 and paper-1 section A, his way of teaching is very innovative, examples and illustration are very connecting and more over he is updated and interactive but lazy and sometimes entertain useless questions.

• hi all

have joined piyush sir mains test series(polscience),have third test on 17th ,questions are mind blowing and boggling,very conceptually tactical,need to be very precise in understanding the question and answering them in lucid manner,its really tough time now,running short of time mains preparation and lots of other things to cover up,neways best of luck to all mates,study hard and study well!

ciao
  • Are there are any real people here? These fake reviews actually dissuaded me from joining Piyush Choubey's test series.
    The failed perfectionist.
  • Hi , anyone here who has joined Piyush Chaubey's test series ? Can you please share the question papers ?Or any idea where will it be available ?
  • I enrolled both subhra mam piyush Sir's classes... yes it's true what sir taught was definitely created a level of understanding in me... notes of mam r gud but classes of piyush Chaubey r gud...
  • anupam17 said:

Bhai log Judgmental hone se bacho, jo jahan se important milta hai le lo, without any doubt piyush chaubey is good teacher, Paper-2 main excellent hai. Subhra mam is good, few topics are very good in her notes.

Will you please specify which are those topics in detail. And her class written notes are good or printed. I'm asking cuz, while visiting Photocopy shops near Vajiram, they suggest for written notes.
  • Piyush chobey ko kuch nhi aata. Over there over there karta rahega. Can't even speak in correct English.
    South America ki baat ki kisine. He can't even draw the map of south America

Shubhra ranjan ka no idea

Bhai.. you are so hillarious
    - Suyash Verma
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog