We are hiring!

Who is Custodian of Consitution?

edited August 2015 in Polity & Governance
Marked - president :(
Seems like NIOS and CBSE agree on Supreme court.
Is this question in any other allied exam? Any authority?

Comments

• Nios ka link dena bhai
  • for babur it is 1&3.
    for cabinet mission its A.
    for panchayat i bet my life on all 4.
    for tax/gdp its D.
    For Constitution its SC.
    For counter current its rotation.

This is final and would be key by upsc.

Gunpowder used in fireworks or kept in home wont be considered as introduction. When speaking history, its usage in war is meant to be introduction.

Panchayati raj political accountability and financial mobility is as important as other 2. Any good pub Ad student will mark all 4. Now i understand why people score very low in Pub Ad and scold upsc for giving such low marks. if they are this much poor in key concepts then no wonder they get 100/600 in pub ad.

cabinet mission, though D is a possibility, some text clearly use the word federal. So upsc will go with option A.

For constitution its 100% SC. dont want to waste time on arguing.

for counter current ncert savindra singh giving answer as convergence but upsc will go for Rotation for sure. This question we can relate to thunder storm question asked in 2013 prelims. Upsc key surprised us by going for D none. It shows geography question setters are very specific in their answers. So rotation would be the answer.

Rest of the questions have the clear cut answer and no much difference between any institutes' key.
  • NIOS:
    Supreme Court: "Supreme Court also acts as the custodian and protector of Fundamental Rights."

President: "The President has been given the task of preserving, protecting and defending the Constitution. He/She is the custodian of the democratic process as enshrined in the Constitution."

Iske hisab se President ban raha hai.

Main to SC maan kar hi chal raha hun, baaki UPSC malik. discussion ka koi point nahi hai, answer agle saal hi pata chalega.
  • Even I felt why people are convinced with 1&3 for PRI... I also feel all are valid reasons...
  • Even I felt why people are convinced with 1&3 for PRI... I also feel all are valid reasons...
    shows how poor people are in concepts. And institutes too! But they are scolding upsc for poor marks in pub ad. Idiots.
  • In SSC, it was asked,
    Option were
    President,
    CJI
    Speaker
    Vice president
  • Counter Current ka Convergence hi jayega. Old NCERT me ek same objective question bhi hai jiska most probable choice Convergence hi hoga.
  • Counter Current ka Convergence hi jayega. Old NCERT me ek same objective question bhi hai jiska most probable choice Convergence hi hoga.
    yeah i know. But upsc will go for rotation. Refer thunder question in 2013 prelims and upsc key for that. those question setters are really good and looking for specific answer.

This time NCERTs have done more wrong to sincere people than good. Really worst wordings and sentence formations.
  • edited August 2015
    @dairy gunpowder used by bahamani in warfare before babur..
    One of the greatest mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results
  • @dairy gunpowder used by bahamani before babur..source: IGNOU notes
    yeah please quote Portuguese, Vijaynagar, bhamiyan, Al-Qaeda, mongols, Islamic State. What nonsense yaar!

Babur's role in introduction of gunpowder to india was such an important moment. Question was asked in that context only to check that knowledge. Of course you may go beyond that but UPSC won't care.
  • babur introduce artillery not gunpowder...@dairy kuch jyada frustration dikh raha...u may believe what u wish..u may be correct also..thnx
    One of the greatest mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results
  • @dairy gunpowder used by bahamani before babur..source: IGNOU notes
    yeah please quote Portuguese, Vijaynagar, bhamiyan, Al-Qaeda, mongols, Islamic State. What nonsense yaar!

Babur's role in introduction of gunpowder to india was such an important moment. Question was asked in that context only to check that knowledge. Of course you may go beyond that but UPSC won't care.
    Are you a legilimens? In case not, don't be so vociferous in appropriating UPSC's thoughts. You placed your opinion, people have read it. That's about it.
  • @Dairy Yaar sach mein itna frustated ho kya ? Pub ad vaalon ki maaar rahe ho.

Pub ad vaale ho ,to geography mein kahe naak ada rahe ho.

Simple question for you
    Where do human get energy from ? Food isn't it. But Plants get energy from sun. So answer should be sun isn't it ?

But everyone will mark food , and why is that so , because its asking you to be specific.

Same is with counter current question , rotation of earth leads to many phenomenon and is the root cause ,but what is the immediate cause ? It convergence
    Optional hai Geo ,magar ye Geene nahi deta
  • Obviously me, I am the ruler of dugong land. Dont you dare ask such questions.
    Ruler of the dugong land, show respect.
  • yaar ab bahut ho gaya.. i marked less number of questions and i might not get thru but on this i am 100% sure it is Supreme court

"if u enter(or even from outside else internet) the supreme court u will find a statue of a lady and a child holding book " the child is india (or legislature.gov),the book is constitution and the lady is it's custodian-The supreme court

pic:related notice the black sculpture
    imageimage
  • panchayat would be 123 and not 4
  • Obviously me, I am the ruler of dugong land. Dont you dare ask such questions.
    Tu chup reh beech me mat ghusa kar. :-$
  • for babur it is 1&3.
    for cabinet mission its A.
    for panchayat i bet my life on all 4.
    for tax/gdp its D.
    For Constitution its SC.
    For counter current its rotation.

This is final and would be key by upsc.

Gunpowder used in fireworks or kept in home wont be considered as introduction. When speaking history, its usage in war is meant to be introduction.

Panchayati raj political accountability and financial mobility is as important as other 2. Any good pub Ad student will mark all 4. Now i understand why people score very low in Pub Ad and scold upsc for giving such low marks. if they are this much poor in key concepts then no wonder they get 100/600 in pub ad.

cabinet mission, though D is a possibility, some text clearly use the word federal. So upsc will go with option A.

For constitution its 100% SC. dont want to waste time on arguing.

for counter current ncert savindra singh giving answer as convergence but upsc will go for Rotation for sure. This question we can relate to thunder storm question asked in 2013 prelims. Upsc key surprised us by going for D none. It shows geography question setters are very specific in their answers. So rotation would be the answer.

Rest of the questions have the clear cut answer and no much difference between any institutes' key.

U will surely lose u r life once answer key comes out.pri answer will be participation and decentralisation only.

babur answer will be 3 only.gun powder introduced in india from china,clearly mentioned in satish chandra medieval india
    tax/gdp 2 only.

have u ever given mains to comment on others intelligence in pub ad
  • panchayat would be 123 and not 4
    All 4 are correct.
    :@)
    Nothing endures ...except change
  • I might be wrong but here is what i think:
    Custodian is someone who protect.
    Now guess Constitution is amemnded like art 368 or something which is NOT fundamental rights. Some amendment which is not JUST for democracy. What president can do in that situation. Hardly anything. However, Supreme court can do judicial review and weigh it based on basic doctrine. Hence, it seems Supreme court is practically Custodian.
    Still in paper i marked President :-S
    Baki UPSC ki marji.
  • For the Babur question..... Please read about 1st battle of Panipat from Medieval India Ncert Class XI....It's 3 only
  • For PRI question...... It's 1and 3.....Check Vision answer key....dey hav given 2nd Arc reference
  • Bhai cabinet mission ka answer kya hogap
  • For custodian of the constitution question, it's Supreme Court.
    UPSC asked this question in 1988 mains paper of political science. Also the same came in NDA 2005 exam (q. no. 15 and link is attached below). please find the attached screenshot and put this question to rest forever.

https://books.google.co.in/books?id=ueYw_J4jfG4C&pg=PP43&lpg=PP43&dq=custodian+of+the+constitution+of+india+question+in+NDA+exam&source=bl&ots=qZMIOtsss3&sig=oX7y-_sT0xq4TZlelhkGDnWDXmc&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CC8Q6AEwA2oVChMIq-zRltLQxwIVDmqOCh38KwVi#v=onepage&q&f=false

png
    png
    Custodian.png
  • For custodian of the constitution question, it's Supreme Court.
    UPSC asked this question in 1988 mains paper of political science. Also the same came in NDA 2005 exam (q. no. 15 and link is attached below). please find the attached screenshot and put this question to rest forever.

https://books.google.co.in/books?id=ueYw_J4jfG4C&pg=PP43&lpg=PP43&dq=custodian+of+the+constitution+of+india+question+in+NDA+exam&source=bl&ots=qZMIOtsss3&sig=oX7y-_sT0xq4TZlelhkGDnWDXmc&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CC8Q6AEwA2oVChMIq-zRltLQxwIVDmqOCh38KwVi#v=onepage&q&f=false

In the attached pic, read question no.8 of section B. Also for the NDA question, answer is given in the same doc.

• For PRI question...... It's 1and 3.....Check Vision answer key....dey hav given 2nd Arc reference
    I marked all 4 based on following interpretations.

look at the evolution of local self governance in India. The most important need for having panchayat was due to failure of effective implementation of centralized programs like community development and other rural development programmes.

why panchayats of earlier period failed?

A new class of feudal chiefs and revenue collectors (zamindars) emerged between the ruler and the people. And, so began the stagnation and decline of self-government in villages.

Panchayat in british regime:

From 1870 that Viceroy Lord Mayo's Resolution (for decentralisation of power to bring about administrative efficiency in meeting people's demand and to add to the finances of colonial regime) gave the needed impetus to the development of local institutions. It was a landmark in the evolution of colonial policy towards local government

Panchayt and GoI 1935 Act:

The provincial autonomy under the Government of India Act, 1935, marked the evolution of panchayats in India. Popularly elected governments in provinces enacted legislations to further democratise institutions of local self-government. But the system of responsible government at the grassroots level was least responsible. D.P. Mishra, the then minister for local self-government under the Government of India Act of 1935 in Central Provinces was of the view that 'the working of our local bodies... in our province and perhaps in the whole country presents a tragic picture... 'Inefficiency' and 'local body' have become synonymous terms...

Balwant rai mehta committee:

Powers and responsibilities are delegated to panchayats at the appropriate level:

Preparation of the economic development plan and social justice plan.
    Implementation of schemes for economic development and social justice in relation to 29 subjects given in the Eleventh Schedule of the Constitution.
    To levy and collect appropriate taxes, duties, tolls and fees.

73rd Ammendment:

The Amendment Act of 1992 contains provision for devolution of powers and responsibilities to the panchayats, both for the preparation of economic development plans and social justice, as well as for implementation in relation to 29 subjects listed in the eleventh schedule of the constitution.[8]

The panchayats receive funds from three sources:[8]

Local body grants, as recommended by the Central Finance Commission
    Funds for implementation of centrally sponsored schemes
    Funds released by the state governments on the recommendations of the State Finance Commissions

No doubt on Political Accountability. It will be there. My doubt is on financial Mobilization. Answer could be either 1,2,3 or 1,2,3,4.

• Panchayati raj answer is all 4

Jst read Balwant Rai mehta report for formation of panchayati raj on wikipidea
  • I think babur will be only 3 ..n pri will be 123 ...tax gdp will be none...i marked all wrong.... :'( 13 fr babur, 13 fr pri, 2 fr tax gdp
    shows how poor people are in concepts. And institutes too! But they are scolding upsc for poor marks in pub ad. Idiots.
    Idiot to tum ho bachche jo dusro ko idiot bol rahe ho...you dont know even abcd of pub ad..stop your nonesense and dont make others fearful by your stupid reasoning..Financial mobilisation is never an objective of PRI's.....

Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly