All India Open Prelims Simulator Test X
on 22nd May, 2019 CLICK HERE to know more and apply
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

SBI PO 2013 Plan and Strategy

edited September 2013 in Banking
SBI PO has given a very lucrative ad this time (8 lac pa). I and many of you must have filled this form. Being primarily a UPSC aspirant, what kind kind of strategy we can follow in these 14 days.
I meant, which website can offer us good fodder etc.
I am adding some tips too that i came across.

Comments

• English: NOT AT ALL like IAS.
    Antonyms, Synonyms, Spellings, Idioms etc rattofication things are asked.
    Comprehension too easy.

Maths: DI and basic numeracy skills.

Reasoning: Difficult as compared to IAS, our syllo rules generally got a turn here.

GS: I have not figured it out yet :P

Please add.

i saw GKtoday for PO, but dint find good enough.

I any one have any brilliant guidance, PDFs for marketting and computer etc, anything, then please throw some light.

As PO is my only hope (SSC got postponed to 28- clash with PO, giving PO then.)
  • @simplyvimal A no. of people I know who had applied for SSC went to the centre by the time the notification postponing it was released. Its a shame.
    *No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |
  • @neyawn Yup! SSC notified it such late! I called a friend, he is like " I am on the way to Station, will call you after boarding " I informed him that there is no need to board! :O

1. Ambedkar Jayanti wasn't something they couldn't have known about!
    2. They could have been more timely! :(
  • what kind of questions are asked in essay/english paper? any idea!! @simplyvimal @fallen_leaves @Neyawn @others
    Man is sometimes extraordinarily, passionately, in love with suffering.
  • Nope. Not seen any of the previous year papers. However, they have attached a PDF at SBI Guidelines Do have a look, that may give you a decent idea!
  • @woodpecker

Essay paper mainly has letter writing to editor of newspapers, some public office or your friends/relatives. (meaning formal and informal letters), a precis comes usually. a short essay on social issues mainly , sometimes on other s&t issues + economic or political. but they are basically simpler ones. The last set of question can be RC . Nothing else comes. there is no grammer its just a test of writing skills.
  • Guys, that descriptive English test is very easy, as per my conversation with a friend who is PO there. But this objective test is quite difficult, its a matter of time management. And sectional cutoff is also there.

@Neyawn Yes, exactly..even i have informed some people just few minutes ago. Many people dint know. they have not even message or mail. I dont know why they take phone numbers and email. How can they do such a silly mistake. and as backhand both of these exams are important. but i think ki Janta will protest for sure.
  • dont get fooled by 8la pa. it is only if you are posted in mumbai. also there are a lot of deductibles. a major portion 8la is the hra because rent in mumbai is sky high.

po exam is mostly a dry run for CSAT-II. the paper may be different, but atleast you get a feel of exam conditions
  • any tips on how to get extension in SBI joining till december? right now they are calling for joining by sept end :(
    Mission 2018 - Final assault
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google