Navy’s MiG-29K to take on France’s Rafale-M off Goa China’s GDP grows at 6.4% in Q1,defies expectations slowdown China unmoved by U.S. bid to discuss Masood Azhar in UNSC Madras High Court upholds President’s decision to cancel Vellore poll Chenchus believe the fox ushers in fortune

ForumIAS Academy Student Minal from Delhi University's St. Stephens Secures Rank 35 - First Batch of ForumIAS Foundation Program Click here to download her copies and notes
IMPORTANT: ForumIAS Discuss is now LIVE. You can visit it at discuss.forumias.com

We are hiring!

Should i go to Delhi?

BOTBOT
edited August 2015 in Coaching & Websites
This forum has many senior guys, infact m also from them, please help me in this.
I have given two mains 2013 and 2014 but i m not able to clear mains....so this time i need to change my strategy esp focus on answer writing....so delhi is the best place to go and join any test series but is it possible to study back at home with answer writing all on yourself....actually its my third attempt so have to think financially as delhi is a costly place to live in(kab tk ghar vaalon se paise maangta rahunga)...please guys help whether i should to go to delhi...if yes then which test series and what place to live in like rajendra nagar or some other like patel nagar???

Comments

• if you feel that its costly in delhi try some online test series which uploads discussion video
    like vision or gs score .. to save money i am suggesting you ...
    suggestions cannot be given without knowing your profile like optional , background and
    previous marks to know in what subjects you are weak ..
  • if you feel that its costly in delhi try some online test series which uploads discussion video
    like vision or gs score .. to save money i am suggesting you ...
    suggestions cannot be given without knowing your profile like optional , background and
    previous marks to know in what subjects you are weak ..
    optional- maths (got 220)
    weak in GS esp paper 1
    Gs 1- 56
    Gs 2- 69
    Gs 3-65
    Gs 4-80
    Essay- 111
    Did Btech in 2012
  • @BOT: if you could manage an environment like exam - exactly 3 hours for attempting paper, no source referring in between and no mercy to yourself whatever case may be, then i would suggest you to join an online test series like vision (where you can download the question paper and answer script -- take a print out --- attempt as per your suitability but don;t keep on delaying otherwise it will create backlog --- upload it back --- and get it evaluated within 2 week sometime 3 weeks --- check your mistakes and work on suggestion --- compare your performance with others --- refer model answer and discussion video --- can mail and call the faculty)

Also don;t take test series from guys like amitgupta (one who has commented above) because these are easily available in Delhi at every bookshop at cost like Rs 20-30 per test but in that you will get only questions and blank sheet to answer ... no evaluation, feedback, discussion etc

Also you can start writing practice at Insight on India (@ free of cost) but feedback process is based on peers review.
  • @BOT: if you could manage an environment like exam - exactly 3 hours for attempting paper, no source referring in between and no mercy to yourself whatever case may be, then i would suggest you to join an online test series like vision (where you can download the question paper and answer script -- take a print out --- attempt as per your suitability but don;t keep on delaying otherwise it will create backlog --- upload it back --- and get it evaluated within 2 week sometime 3 weeks --- check your mistakes and work on suggestion --- compare your performance with others --- refer model answer and discussion video --- can mail and call the faculty)

Also don;t take test series from guys like amitgupta (one who has commented above) because these are easily available in Delhi at every bookshop at cost like Rs 20-30 per test but in that you will get only questions and blank sheet to answer ... no evaluation, feedback, discussion etc

Also you can start writing practice at Insight on India (@ free of cost) but feedback process is based on peers review.
    Thank you for your valuable suggestion...most probably i m thinking of going to delhi to give my best in this attempt...all the best buddy
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our IFoS Toppers
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1) | Read His Story
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) | Read Her Story
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) | Watch His Interview
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) | Watch His Interview

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google