Navy’s MiG-29K to take on France’s Rafale-M off Goa China’s GDP grows at 6.4% in Q1,defies expectations slowdown China unmoved by U.S. bid to discuss Masood Azhar in UNSC Madras High Court upholds President’s decision to cancel Vellore poll Chenchus believe the fox ushers in fortune

ForumIAS Academy Student Minal from Delhi University's St. Stephens Secures Rank 35 - First Batch of ForumIAS Foundation Program Click here to download her copies and notes
IMPORTANT: ForumIAS Discuss is now LIVE. You can visit it at discuss.forumias.com

We are hiring!

Out from CSP 2015, How to Move on? Please Help!

edited September 2015 in Social, Tips & Support
Got only 94.. Got too many negetive thinking paper is easy and i should attempt as many as possible.
29+ years now. It was second attempt.
Can't sit at home to prepapre.
How to move on and move away. Please help.

Comments

• 94 me u r not out of race..u r on border
  • 94 shudnt be out of race at all, itz a borderline case. For moving along, i wud suggest to always have in hand a backup plan like state pcs, ssc, or some mnc ( if u hold mba or btech etc). True, quitting altogether can quite b frustrating bt one has to cope up wid it nd see d brighter things in life - one's health, family nd so on.
  • @deepak verma Career launcher predicted cut off 115(+5/-5). Seems like no hope now
  • The sample space which you see on forum is very small to give an accurate picture of reality. So Don;t loose hope. You never know what tomorrow will bring. Start preparing for Mains even if you are not qualified you have nothing to loose.

Also I believe by now your basics must be solid (considering age 29+ and two attempts). So if you don;t qualify, i would suggest you to take up a suitable job and prepare simultaneously. Job will a value addition to your personality and skills, it will also refresh your learning, view and approach.
  • 94 is a good score. Your probability to write mains is high. Dont go with forum ias sample. Here last year too max junta was crying with 220+ marks and final cut off was 205.
    Here few people (around not more than 50+) comment there marks in circulatory motion daily and give fodder to thread. One more think cut off is decided by lower side, not by higher side marks. Here people are setting cut of marks by taking their own marks as base. So good luck.
  • Getting 90-92...I am hopeful ...but I have 3 back ups as such... pcs mains, ssc t2, cpf....don't waste time here... prepare for mains and hope for the best... otherwise if we clear, we'll be out in mains
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
  • One senior told me that if you are getting 90+, you are through... told me not to waste time, he did the same in 2012 and wasted that year's mains after clearing prelims..be positive
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
  • Yaar, why you all are testing urself against these funking coaching wala answer keys, last time i got 64 as per their ans keys in paper 1 and after the USPC declared the marksheet its 76! So please stop funking Yourself and get in the battle field.
  • And I have not yet checked my answers, why should I? I have a good frame of mind and that's more important to me, anyways I will be staying in delhi pass or fail, so why should i check?
  • Cut Off thing is so harsh #:-S
  • And I have not yet checked my answers, why should I? I have a good frame of mind and that's more important to me, anyways I will be staying in delhi pass or fail, so why should i check?
    that's the spirit. haven't calculated my marks yet and i'm not gonna do it. at least then i can study without any fear till the results. my worrying is not going to change my result.
    An act of stealth, a silent coup d'état
  • @deepak verma Career launcher predicted cut off 115(+5/-5). Seems like no hope now
    Career launcher me u blv..but many don't
    Career launcher me u blv..but many don't
    after seeing comments, 115 is too high. I think 100-105 can be range but never know UPSC.
    still thanks..

Me too not chechked....Nd I'll be preparing without chcking....Whatever b the case,state pcs,nxt year krna to hai hi....Before pre result,I'll be completing my optional+Essay..
  • Getting 90-92...I am hopeful ...but I have 3 back ups as such... pcs mains, ssc t2, cpf....don't waste time here... prepare for mains and hope for the best... otherwise if we clear, we'll be out in mains
    Bas credentials flaunt karo (pcs, ssc cpf)! :P
    I support this view though. Get on to Mains with all your might. Yahan ye cut off ka bandarbaant chalta rahega. Highest form of Chutzpah can also be seen in some of the comments on that Prelims cut off discussion thread.
    Bas credentials flaunt karo (pcs, ssc cpf)! :P
    I support this view though. Get on to Mains with all your might. Yahan ye cut off ka bandarbaant chalta rahega. Highest form of Chutzpah can also be seen in some of the comments on that Prelims cut off discussion thread.
    :\"> :\"> :P
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
  • I started preparation in January 2013 after quitting my software engineer job in an mnc. Got married in april 2013. Decided to opt Maths as an optional n prepared for a few months. ( dec 2012 - feb 2013 msybe, thereafter prepared for some 2 months only for prelims. No guidance at all except a few blogs. Decided not to take any coaching (n have stuck to that so far).

1) First attempt, 13 pre : failed to clear prelims.
    60 + 144 = 204.

I had not expected much from this attempt. Hardly 3 months of preparation. Now 2014 was the goal.
    Made a few changes. Changed optional from Maths to Pub Ad and medium of examination from English to Hindi. Went through the following books (sources):

History: ncert (new) 6, 7, 8, 12 + spectrum
    Geography: ncert (new) 6 to 12
    Polity: Laxmikant n Constitution
    Economy: ncert 11, 12 + Ramesh Singh
    Science: ncert 8-10
    The Hindu ( daily) and PD (monthly).

Moreover, read a few books for pub ad.

2) Second Attempt, 14 pre: couldn't do well. Environment section mainly did me in. Score: 64+133 = 197.

It was a huge setback. Started thinking of backup options now. In October 14, wrote tier 1 of cgl 14. Did well. I got 126.5. Wrote a few other exams too : BPSC prelims; BSSC pre; MPSC pre.
    Getting 90 in BPSC (result awaited); qualified for MPPSC mains ( result came only recently; have already qualified for cgl interview n a ssc cgl interview post very much assured, so decided not to go for mppsc mains. I am from bihar n find css more suitable for upsc preparation than a bdo etc job in MP). Got deviated from upsc preparation path. Ssc tier 2 preparation tooj 2-3 months. Also bihar n Mp exams took some precious time. Add to that a poor health condition and result was: not much improvement since 14 pre. Made following changes: decided to change pub ad optional. Thought of taking history or pol science. In the end went with history while filling the form. Read a few more books ( in addition to what I had already done for 14 pre):
    G C leong, old ncert history (6, 7 only). But it was a casual effort. Especially after tier 2 result of ssc cgl (got 461.5) , upsc took a back seat n I got engrossed in ssc cgl ( interview, post pref discussions, cpt n waiting for result) completely. Did not even revise properly. Did not go to any specific book for environment ( what was responsible for 2014 fallout). Ncert 12 n shankar ias books were bought only to be kept untouched. Result:

3) getting 88-90 only.

Ssc cgl result is about to come ( in a week maybe). Hopefully I will get css ( I want only this). Excise is very much assured. But I want to take this " adhuri kahani" to its logical conclusion, which will be accomplishment of my dream: ias. A few other options are there. I may or may not clear Bpsc pre. In case I do, I will surely have a go at bpsc mains. Decided to write rbi grade b too, but I have no experience of bank exams, so my speed in reasoning n quant is not up to the mark. But now once I will be in job ( css, hopefully), it will be increasingly difficult to rein in haughty upsc.
    Let us all share our "adhuri kahani".

• I started preparation in January 2013 after quitting my software engineer job in an mnc. Got married in april 2013. Decided to opt Maths as an optional n prepared for a few months. ( dec 2012 - feb 2013 msybe, thereafter prepared for some 2 months only for prelims. No guidance at all except a few blogs. Decided not to take any coaching (n have stuck to that so far).

1) First attempt, 13 pre : failed to clear prelims.
    60 + 144 = 204.

I had not expected much from this attempt. Hardly 3 months of preparation. Now 2014 was the goal.
    Made a few changes. Changed optional from Maths to Pub Ad and medium of examination from English to Hindi. Went through the following books (sources):

History: ncert (new) 6, 7, 8, 12 + spectrum
    Geography: ncert (new) 6 to 12
    Polity: Laxmikant n Constitution
    Economy: ncert 11, 12 + Ramesh Singh
    Science: ncert 8-10
    The Hindu ( daily) and PD (monthly).

Moreover, read a few books for pub ad.

2) Second Attempt, 14 pre: couldn't do well. Environment section mainly did me in. Score: 64+133 = 197.

It was a huge setback. Started thinking of backup options now. In October 14, wrote tier 1 of cgl 14. Did well. I got 126.5. Wrote a few other exams too : BPSC prelims; BSSC pre; MPSC pre.
    Getting 90 in BPSC (result awaited); qualified for MPPSC mains ( result came only recently; have already qualified for cgl interview n a ssc cgl interview post very much assured, so decided not to go for mppsc mains. I am from bihar n find css more suitable for upsc preparation than a bdo etc job in MP). Got deviated from upsc preparation path. Ssc tier 2 preparation tooj 2-3 months. Also bihar n Mp exams took some precious time. Add to that a poor health condition and result was: not much improvement since 14 pre. Made following changes: decided to change pub ad optional. Thought of taking history or pol science. In the end went with history while filling the form. Read a few more books ( in addition to what I had already done for 14 pre):
    G C leong, old ncert history (6, 7 only). But it was a casual effort. Especially after tier 2 result of ssc cgl (got 461.5) , upsc took a back seat n I got engrossed in ssc cgl ( interview, post pref discussions, cpt n waiting for result) completely. Did not even revise properly. Did not go to any specific book for environment ( what was responsible for 2014 fallout). Ncert 12 n shankar ias books were bought only to be kept untouched. Result:

3) getting 88-90 only.

Ssc cgl result is about to come ( in a week maybe). Hopefully I will get css ( I want only this). Excise is very much assured. But I want to take this " adhuri kahani" to its logical conclusion, which will be accomplishment of my dream: ias. A few other options are there. I may or may not clear Bpsc pre. In case I do, I will surely have a go at bpsc mains. Decided to write rbi grade b too, but I have no experience of bank exams, so my speed in reasoning n quant is not up to the mark. But now once I will be in job ( css, hopefully), it will be increasingly difficult to rein in haughty upsc.
    Let us all share our "adhuri kahani".

• cut offs predicted are on a way too higher side i think its not gng to be that highdont lose hope
  • Cut off 80-85.
  • 25-35
    2014-1st attempt,mains--pol science
  • @hummingbird bhai 1 lagana bhul gaye kya?
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
    nahi bas logo ka hosala badha raha hoon taki sab mains ki tayari kare.akhir mains toh dena iss saal to agle saal
    Cutoff 100-05
    2014-1st attempt,mains--pol science
    nahi bas logo ka hosala badha raha hoon taki sab mains ki tayari kare.akhir mains toh dena iss saal to agle saal
    Cutoff 100-05
    shat pratishat satya!
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
  • 94.67 to 100 acc to various keys... feeling very low... I think I belong here :(
    To be, or not to be, that is the question...
  • @Chomuphilosopher hum aapke fan hai , yaad hai na aapko. Hum aapke saath hai. Vaise hum aapke hi rashtra se hai
    Optional hai Geo ,magar ye Geene nahi deta
  • all those who think they have given a good attempt, stop ur cut off prediction and start preparing for Mains, may god be with you. Join some test series and prepare strategy for mains, the current chairman is bent on breaking records so I hope results will be announced before 14th October(last time result announcement date) and since CSAT is qualiifying now, only those papers will be checked who qualified for CSAT which can make the paper correction faster.
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our IFoS Toppers
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1) | Read His Story
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) | Read Her Story
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) | Watch His Interview
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) | Watch His Interview

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google