‘Microbial toxins found in popular e-cigarettes’ In a first, NASA probe detects ‘marsquake’ on the Red Planet HC lifts ban on TikTok, but with a caveat IEPF Authority in a major success recovers Rs 1514 Cr of Depositors Money Madras High Court bats for extending legal abortion period upto 24 weeks
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims From 2011-18 | Read Here→

ForumIAS Academy Student Minal from Delhi University's St. Stephens Secures Rank 35 - First Batch of ForumIAS Foundation Program Click here to download her copies and notes
IMPORTANT: ForumIAS Discuss is now LIVE. You can visit it at discuss.forumias.com

We are hiring!

20 day(s) contingency plan

edited April 2013 in CSAT
with 2o days to go for csat (minus 30 for revision) i am creating a list of to-do(s) that might help in overcoming the obstacles. it is more of what i am planning to cover and revise and re-revise.

paper1

1. geo11+12th 1
2. polity laxmi/basu
3. environment- barucha/arnab de
4. history- spectrum modern india + dance and music + religions.
5. sci 7-10ht ncert
6. sci tech - wizard scitech book. first focus on these chapters and then focus on the rest(if time permits)
biotech, nanotech, nuclear, environmetn, energy and health
7. economics- mrunal's economy articles.

i don't think it would be feasible enough to do more things in just 20 days.

paper2- just 2 hrs a day

1. 3-5 passages daily that will take max half hour. from any book. cat, mat, xat bank po any. just practice
2. quant- probability, mensuration, time and distance, mixtures and percentages. finish these topics first and then move ahead. (1hr)
now half an hour is still there so practice some reasoning questions.

i hope it helps. this is what i am planning to cover over the next 20d ays. and then revise in the next 25-30. :)
Man is sometimes extraordinarily, passionately, in love with suffering.

Comments

• Thanks @woodpecker for sharing this.

Apart from these it's also better to solve as many questions as possible for both the papers.
  • Guys

Any other source from where we can do Science and Technology.

As I dont wanna panic myself by buyin another book :-SS
  • @amber, covering the Hindu's Sci-Tech & Agri should suffice if you've completed NCERT books. It's published on Thursdays. For that visit Today's Paper then on the right column calendar, click on any Thursday date (The calendar is kinda time machine, virtually, you can also travel into past, previous Thursdays for instance). Then you're just a click away from the sci-tech section, click on 'Sci-Tech & Agri' link under INDEX.
  • I would give more attention to paper 2 now. Since it is clearly mentioned in the notification that cutoff will be combined of paper 1 & paper2. Scoring 150+ in paper 2 is easier than scoring 80+ in paper 1.

For paper 1. i have to cover Indian culture in next 10 days. I am not going to read anything new now. I have the collection of following books which i have gone through once and aiming 2 revisions before exam..
    (1) Indian polity: Laxmikanth
    (2) Modern History (spectrum)
    (3) NCERT Geography
    (4) Atlas
    (5) Indian Economy: Ramesh singh + Economic Survey
    (6) General Science : TMH
    (7) Current affairs: From Oct.2012 till April 2013.
  • @vijay_45 fully agree with you sir. scoring 160+ in paper2 is much more easier than hitting 80+ mark in paper1. although the imp of paper1 hee can not be negelcted.

your booklist for paper1 is more than sufficient to get 80+ (in my opinion which may be entirely wrong).
  • I would give more attention to paper 2 now. Since it is clearly mentioned in the notification that cutoff will be combined of paper 1 & paper2. Scoring 150+ in paper 2 is easier than scoring 80+ in paper 1.

For paper 1. i have to cover Indian culture in next 10 days. I am not going to read anything new now. I have the collection of following books which i have gone through once and aiming 2 revisions before exam..
    (3) NCERT Geography
    (4) Atlas
    More or less same strategy! :D ( Replace Atlas with GCL, Instead of General Science --- Environment & Ecology will be the focus area )
  • @Partho mine is reverse. with more focus on paper1 now. damn i am too weak in that. :(
    yeah book list is more or less the same. :D
  • @Partho mine is reverse. with more focus on paper1 now. damn i am too weak in that. :(
    yeah book list is more or less the same. :D
    Same here. I am pretty sure of getting 140+ in paper 2, so the next 50 days will be spent on paper 1. With one CSAT sample paper being solved every couple of days.
  • My plan for Paper 1--
    1) Spectrum History--special focus on ch 3,4,5,6--which covers Indian National Movement from 1905 to 1947
    2) Polity--Laxmikanth--Parliament-state leg.,President-governor,PM-CM, Judiciary, FR, DPSP, Budget, Center-State relations, Local Bodies, CAG, PC,EC etc.
    3)Economics--Economic survey, Byju's class notes, Mrunal's blog
    4)Geography--ncert 11,12
    5)Environment--Mrunal's blog, Byju's class notes
    6)Current affairs--just Mrunal's blog, Hindu
    7)Science--just newspapers and blogs
    8)India Year Book--not even touching
    Paper 2--
    1) Byju's test series-current 2) Vajiram's test series-xerox
  • thanx @ woodpecker
    after intrvw i hav not touched anythng. now u ppl hav brought back d sense of urgency. plus the timer on d site. i think now i ll get back 2 studies and follow one of ur plans.
  • Hey Guys,

So can someone help me in which subjects from which books and the chapters in those books that we need to concentrate??? for now....

Please :(
  • @all do tell some blogs from where science and tech can be covered .... thanks
  • Hi @matt2damon ,

One of the member of the Forum had informed about a link for S & T it is really good try this:

http://mrunal.org/snt
  • I agree with everyone saying that Paper-II is more important at this stage since scoring is easier there.
    especially here we are talking about prelims only. though i am already breaking into a sweat thinking of the gs preparation for mains this year!
    Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.
  • my list of to reads for prelims in the next 20 days:
    geography: ncert 11-12 (with some topics like climate from goh cheh leong)- since my optional was geo i have taken liberties this time, hope it doesnt cost me
    History: class notes of sriram for ancient and medeival, spectrum for national movement n culture
    economy: current affairs from pd special issue, mrunal notes
    polity: revise basu/laxmikant
    environment: barucha/nios
    snt: revise hindu and mrunal notes

For paperII
    vajiram and CL q papers
    with a focus on comprehension and numeracy(coz thats a weak point of mine)
    Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.
  • friends hardly there are 40 days left.plz tell me how to prepare for paper 2 and i am one who is bit weak at maths..list out the imp chapters for quants and reasoning and way to tackle English especially inferences and other than RC also plzz..guy share ur taught s and opinions .i want a detailed plan with all the imp minute details.here many saying that they can get 150 very easily so tell me how i can get some 130-150 score within this short time
  • MY PLAN
    paper 1
    1.History-spectrum,culture,ncert (old)
    2.geo-ncert,ghoche,mk barnwal
    3.polity-laxmikant+current aspect
    4.environ-ignou,mrunal site,current aspect
    5 science-bbc+hindu
    6.eco-ramesh sing+mrunal
    two mains,1 interview
  • paer II

1 paper every alternate day and analysys of it
    2.2 hr practice for weak area
    two mains,1 interview

(3) NCERT Geography
    (4) Atlas

this strategy will easily get you over 230-250 /400....130+ in csat -2 is essential and the above books for 1st paper will easily get you around 100-110 in 1st paper...polity,economics ,geography,environment and general science(mind you,theres a difference between general science and s&t !) cover around 70 questions in 1st paper so i hope all here fo0cus on these first.
    Stay Classy ...Stay Genuine
  • 20 days are left. now is the time to practice hard instead of learning something new..... what are the opinions here?
  • @trulysid still i have to learn so many new things, sad story of a working fellow. Can you,guide me how to complete geography in least possible time. Only ncerTs will do, 11th and 12th all four.pls guide man.
  • edited May 2013
    @rohit21:

I'm a working professional as well.

You remind me of my 2012 pre days. I was learning new things till the last day. At least this year, we are getting a lot of mock test series online. Last year I was searching for mock test papers till the last day :(

To be frank 2012 Prelims was my first complete test :D

NCERT 11th is must. Just go through 12th. Take help from Goh Cheng as well. Just be clear with all the basic concepts. That's the key.

All the best.

2012 mains | 2013 - second attempt | Optional : Geography
    2013 - Indian Forest Service

2016 - In the battle!
  • @Rajkumarm thanks for your reply. just if u can help me with some guide on how to prepare in last 20 days for paper 1. just outline on different subjects will help as you also went through same stage last time. Also is geography good enough to be the optional , i havent started for mains yet. plz help.
  • @rohit21 It depends on your interest. Many of us felt this year's geography paper1 was very tough.

20 days plan:

Do these

Spectrum modern India
    Geo(11th)
    Economy(Ramesh Singh)
    Polity(lakshmikanth/DD Basu)
    Some CA material like Wizard(focus on plans and policies, schemes, bills, S&T, environment affairs)
    Basic environment from any notes

I'm assuming you've completed many of the above already. Just revise them again. 2 hours a day for paper2.
    This will do.

2016 - In the battle!
  • :((
    Lag gayi...
    Yunan-o-Misr-o-Roma Sab Mit Gaye Jahan Se
    Ab Tak Magar Hai Baki Naam-o-Nishan Hamara
    Kuchh Baat Hai Ke Hasti Mit’ti Nahin Hamari
    Sadiyon Raha Hai Dushman Daur-e-Zaman Hamara...jai hind
  • edited May 2013
    as days are getting over and the due date is gettin nearer...i cant help myself in solving maths questions..i never understood maths except BODMAS and average...rest i dont feel good when people tell me there will be an increase in maths part..im trying to understand n solve a few topics but its not working out...any suggestions on how to tackle those questions..

ps: i can do Time and distance questions..
    Its ok to fail once but Dont Quit..else how will u taste the sweetness of the success that awaits you if you Quit !
  • On the contrary, I am hoping they replace some comprehension passages with more maths-based questions.
  • I wish more Data Interpretation :)
    I don't think they will ask mere Quantitative Aptitude.
    May be more DI or some math which can be solved without remembering formulae.

2016 - In the battle!
  • I wish more Data Interpretation :)
    I don't think they will ask mere Quantitative Aptitude.
    May be more DI or some math which can be solved without remembering formulae.
    yep...i give thumbs up to that...would be brilliant..makes it not so tough for arts people to solve basic problems without the formulas..
    Its ok to fail once but Dont Quit..else how will u taste the sweetness of the success that awaits you if you Quit !
  • Unable to start a new thread! Some problem!

Hence pasting here:

Official CSAT 2012 answer key released:

www.upsc.gov.in/exams/answerkeys/index.htm#PageTop

:)
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our IFoS Toppers
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1) | Read His Story
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) | Read Her Story
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) | Watch His Interview
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) | Watch His Interview

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google