ANNOUNCEMENT : Prelims 2019 Select Focus Group (SFG) Commencement Date, Entrance Test and Other Details
MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

In Which Language are Govt. documents written?

edited April 2013 in Social, Tips & Support
Even Latin and Greek would be better than this, atleast after learning the language you are sure what someone means. But when govt. policy documents are written. My God! You just cant understand what exactly they mean. The language is so .....i dont have the word...but its like you are seduced irresistibly by someone ugly...ya!its odd but its like that....you keep on reading you like it but you know you aren't getting it but still you keep on reading and reading. you know it doesn't mean much in real life but the way, the style with which it is written is bewitching as if the writer is the most intelligent person on the earth...
Am I the only one or does someone else also feel the same?
and Drona asked,"what do you see?","the sparrow's eye!"......and Krishna replied,"Turning their discerning mind to That, directing their whole conscious being to That, making That their whole aim and the sole object of their devotion, they go whence there is no return"

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Sample this, Rural Ministry describes itself
    "Being the nodal Ministry for most of the development and welfare activities in the rural areas, the Ministry of Rural Development plays a pivotal role in the overall development strategy of the country.(what else can rural development ministry mean?) The vision and mission of the Ministry is sustainable and inclusive growth of rural India through a multi-pronged strategy for eradication of poverty by increasing livelihoods opportunities, providing social safety net and developing infrastructure for growth. (I am not so literate to understand the difference between vision and mission. Do I care much whether strategy is laser-like or multi-pronged? how much diffferent is 'increasing livelihoods opportunities', 'providing social safety net' and 'developing infrastructure for growth.')This is expected to improve quality of life in rural India and to correct the developmental imbalances, aiming in the process, to reach out to most disadvantaged sections of the society.(Oh! I cnt take it anymore)"
    and Drona asked,"what do you see?","the sparrow's eye!"......and Krishna replied,"Turning their discerning mind to That, directing their whole conscious being to That, making That their whole aim and the sole object of their devotion, they go whence there is no return"
  • Hello, sustainable and inclusive growth, we meet again. :p

@AK_CS, it's because white-papers are usually full of fillers. But no worries, there'll be a time when we not only get to know the language, but also will be contributing in encoding similar write-ups.
  • sab english mein hi hai.......
    its known as mental slavery..,
    1500 years se gulaam hain,
    so swabhimaan kahan se aaye,
    ab to humare dna mein v mental slavery aa chuki hai,
    ab to yeh humare rag rag mein bah rahi hai..
    चन्द्रगुप्त :
    किस्मत पहले ही लिखी जा चुकी है,
    तो कोशिश करने से क्या मिलेगा ?
    चाणक्य :
    क्या पता किस्मत में ही लिखा हो
    कि कोशिश से ही मिलेगा !!
  • edited December 2014
    @aapki__priya

aapka dhanyawad hamari gulami ka ehsaas dilane ke liye, Ham aasha jatate hai ki yeh gulami khatam hoga aur issi pidi mein karenge paranthu angrezi ke hatane se thodi khatam hoga. Ye soch, vichardhara aur svabhav ka pratirup hai jo iss samaj mein hain.

iss avlakshan ka jad angrezi patyakram mein adyayan nahi hai.
    Mankind was corrupt from the time of Adam & eve, why complain now :) || कांथर हुनु भन्दा मर्नु राम्रो || वीर भोग्या वसुंधरा
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog