Navy’s MiG-29K to take on France’s Rafale-M off Goa China’s GDP grows at 6.4% in Q1,defies expectations slowdown China unmoved by U.S. bid to discuss Masood Azhar in UNSC Madras High Court upholds President’s decision to cancel Vellore poll Chenchus believe the fox ushers in fortune

ForumIAS Academy Student Minal from Delhi University's St. Stephens Secures Rank 35 - First Batch of ForumIAS Foundation Program Click here to download her copies and notes
IMPORTANT: ForumIAS Discuss is now LIVE. You can visit it at discuss.forumias.com

We are hiring!

Preparation Plan for RBI Grade B officers Exam

edited July 2015 in Banking
hi all,
Just wanted to have an idea of the books to be preferred for studying the following papers asked in RBI Grade B exam :

Paper 1 - English ( I have a few but wanted to know about the one which compares its level with RBI).
Paper 2 - Economics and social issues.
Paper 3 - Finance and Management.

In how much time the syllabus can be completed ?? n how to improve my writing skills for the same ?
plz throw some light on the writing skills an aspirant must have to clear this exam..

Thank you :)

Comments

• no not yet but I have heard it will be soon ...
  • if there is anyone who got selected in grade b last year and also got selected in civils now ...then please tell here.
  • I have a CGPA of 6.34. Eligibility says 60% of marks but while applying for last time there was some conversion available if college follow CGPA then 6.34 is equivalent to third class and only first class is eligible for applying for the post. But my college follows a method in which 6.34 is equivalent to 63.4% . Please clarify someone if i am eligible.?
    Patience and hard work are key to success.
  • I have a CGPA of 6.34. Eligibility says 60% of marks but while applying for last time there was some conversion available if college follow CGPA then 6.34 is equivalent to third class and only first class is eligible for applying for the post. But my college follows a method in which 6.34 is equivalent to 63.4% . Please clarify someone if i am eligible.?
    you should be eligible, if your college follow x10 scale and you are able to provide the conversion formula

• Kya sirji form aya nahi rehta h iska .. , nd aap log naye pe naye threads start kar dete hn is exam k lie..use existing threads na..sab kuch h waha par
  • Sach me dara diya bhai/behen
    Hesitating to act because the whole vision might not be achieved, or because others do not yet share it, is an attitude that only hinders progress.
  • Yaar kasam se daraya mat karo..
    +1
  • eagerly waiting for its notification since one month.... last year exam was conducted on 3rd August but this year no news of notification yet...
  • @bcbilli Sir/mam I m a newbie here.. n there r thousands of threads of different subject/queries created here on this forum so it was quite difficult to find the one I was looking for n its time taking too so if u know any thread then plz give me the link it would be quite useful...Thanks :)
  • @HatasEngineer @devilanuj17 Sirs there is nothing to be afraid of afterall we r the people who r going to crack this examination today or tommorrow ;) so lets get prepared :)>-
  • Hey guys i have 6.4 cgpa n in my college it is considered to be 64% . Am i eligible as by 64% i have been awarded II class degree by my college :/
  • Any idea when can we expect the notification to be published?
  • Rbi is going to change syllabus and may eligibility criteria from this onwards.so wait for the notification before starting ur prep.waise in this exam just like upsc u will succeed if ur stars(random luck) are right.
    2014-1st attempt,mains--pol science
  • Rbi is going to change syllabus and may eligibility criteria from this onwards.so wait for the notification before starting ur prep.waise in this exam just like upsc u will succeed if ur stars(random luck) are right.
    Rightly said.
  • @hummingbird what changes can happen in eligibility criteria?
    "God is great"
  • @hummingbird what changes can happen in eligibility criteria?
    First of all they are combining technical stream recruitment with General recruitment.rbi has not only deleted release of gen gr b but has also deleyed notifications for technical gr b.
    this was also reported in last year bussiness line np.this may or may not happen.only notifications can clarify things.but I am not really concerned about this exam since this exam just like upsc is a luck based exam also it was only a back up option not my primary aim
    2014-1st attempt,mains--pol science
  • is anyone here who gave 2014 rbi and was at the final cutoff ??? any news regarding getting a call ?? upsc result ke baad sunne mei aya tha kuch ho sakta hai.
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our IFoS Toppers
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1) | Read His Story
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) | Read Her Story
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) | Watch His Interview
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) | Watch His Interview

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google