Ranklist & Marks ! Offline Test Takers of ForumIAS Simulator Test 0
Click here to view score and results
We are hiring!
Visit http://go.forumias.com/changetheworld to apply now!

CSP2015- Are You Prepared??.."Please LIE and Say YES !!"

Friends this discussion is to assess yourself for your readiness for upcoming prelims-cse.
Here are 10 simple questions..just assess yourself judiciously on a scale of 1-10..and share your scores if you wish or just remember it and assess same after one week and so on ..This will help us a lot to understand our current and relative standing as well as to ascertain that atleast we are moving in a desired direction. :-)

Part 1- READING PART

1) HAVE YOU FINISHED NEARLY ALL NCERTs AND STARTED REVISIONS?
*SCORE 1- NO I THINK WE DON'T NEED THEM IF WE FINISHED BIG BOOKS OR COACHING NOTES
* 5- DONE WITH FAVOURITE SUBJECT BUT REST I WILL DO LATER IN LAST
* 10- DONE..EVEN STARTED OR FINISHED MORE THAN 1 TIME'S REVISION

2) HAVE YOU FINISHED FEW STANDARD BIG BOOKS OR NOTES LIKE IGNOU OR ENVIRONMENT RELATED STUFF ?
* 1- Not at all
* 5- done with atleast half of above
* 10- Yuppp mostly done and even revised.

3) HAVE YOU DONE WITH IYB ,ECO SURVEY AND OTHER SUCH GOVERNMENT STUFF ?
* 1- I THINK NOBODY CAN DO THEM. SO BETTER FOCUS ON OTHER PARTS
*5- JUST GLANCED ONCE BUT STILL NO CONCRETE READ / REVISED
*10- DONE..EVEN MADE FEW IMPORTANT SELF NOTES AND REVISING THEM REGULARLY ESPECIALLY NEW SCHEMES AND POLICIES ETC

4) HAVE YOU DONE WITH LAST ONE YEAR CURRENT AFFAIRS?

* 1- I WILL DO THEM IN LAST..MY OWN COST BENIFIT ANALYSIS !
* 5- DONE ALMOST BUT NOT REVISING
*10- DONE..REVISED 1-3 TIMES ..STILL REVISING AS AND WHEN I GET FREE TIME

5) ARE YOU READING ART AND CULTURE DAILY OR ALTERNATE DAY SLOWLY BUT SURELY ?
* 1- ITS LIKE FRENCH FOR ME. TRIED BUT THEN LEFT FOR LAST BCZ I KNOW IT'S NOT MY CUP OF TEA !!
* 5- I'M JUST DRAGGING IT . DON'T UNDERSTAND MUCH BUT STILL I'M READING ,MAKING FEW NOTES TOO- REGULARLY
* 10- MOSTLY DONE..UNDERSTANDING THE BROAD GAME..MADE SELF NOTES AND REVISING WHATEVER LITTLE I DONE !!

6) ARE YOU PRACTICING ENOUGH CSAT REGULARLY ?
* 1- I THINK NOW IT'S WASTE OF TIME AS JUST 33% NEEDED AND I'M ENGINEER MIND !!
* 5- PRACTICING BUT NOT REGULARLY..MOOD DRIVEN
* 10- PRACTICING DAILY THOROUGHLY ..IT WILL BENIFIT ME IN OTHER EXAMS TOO PLUS ENSURING ME ABOUT CSAT PART IN CSE

Part 2- COGNITIVE PART

7) WHAT YOU FEEL WILL YOU CLEAR PRELIMS THIS TIME ?
* 1- No I Know I can't ...NEXT TIME SURE
* 5- I'M DAMN SURE..I DONE IT ALREADY ..I'M FOCUSING ON LATER STAGES STILL ..I WILL START PRE STUDY SOON ..!!
* 10- I'M REASONABLY CONFIDENT.. DOING REGULAR REVISIONS.. BEING MORE AND MORE PRE CENTRIC NOW ..NCERTs ARE AGAIN MY BIBLE /KORAN/ GEETA !!

8) GIVE RATING TO YOUR CURRENT MENTAL EQUILIBRIUM AND SELF CONFIDENCE AND POSITIVITY INSIDE YOU REGARDING EXAMINATION ?

* 1- IT'S OVER ..I CAN'T DO THIS ..NEXT YEAR I WILL TRY BETTER
* 5- I DON'T KNOW..IT'S SOMETIME SO HIGH OTHERTIME SO LOW ..BUT I JUST KNOW I WILL TRY
* 10- MOSTLY IT'S HIGH ..SOME TIMES IT AVERAGEs DUE TO FEAR OF UNKNOWN ..BUT I UNDERSTAND IT HAPPENS ONLY WHEN YOU HAVE SERIOUSLY PREPARED..I HAVE GIVEN MY BEST AND WILL GIVE TOO !!

9) ARE YOU TAKING ENOUGH BREAKS IN YOUR STUDY TIME BUT STICKING TO YOUR TIME TABLE ?

* 1- ALWAYS IN BREAK MOOD / NO NO IT'S SERIOUS STUDY TIME..FORGET FRIENDS MASTI GOOD SLEEP ETC JUST STUDY
* 5- YUPPP..BUT MOSTLY MY SCHEDULE BREAKS AND I TAKE A FAR LONGER BREAK THEN DECIDED EARLIER
* 10- BOTH SIDES BALANCED WELL TILL NOW..AND HOPE WILL REMAIN ALSO TILL EXAM

10) SUPPOSE YOU FAIL IN PRE DESPITE GIVING BEST ,WHAT WILL YOU DO ?

* 1- PLEASE DON'T SAY THIS..IT'S DO OR DIE CHANCE FOR ME..IF FAILED NOW FAILED FOREVER !!
* 5- WILL CRY FOR SOMETIME..TAKE A LONG BREAK ..RETURN AFTER 2-3 MONTHS AGAIN AND STUDY FOR NEXT CHANCE

* 10- IT WILL PAIN ..BUT FAILURE TEACHES AND I WILL LEARN ..TAKE A SHORT ENOUGH BREAK AND THEN SLOWLY ANALYSE MY WEAKNESSES AND REMOVE THEM ONE BY ONE ..NEXT YEAR I WILL.. MOREOVER LIFE IS SO BEAUTIFUL IT NEVER ENDS WITH ONE EXAM OR EVENT !!

Result card ..IF YOUR TOTAL SCORE IS

* LESS THAN 30- Better try Next year..Both because you are weak enough in this hard journey and there are enough people stronger than you who deserve the cake for their sacrifices and hard work..ATB

* 30-45 - Good chances but require extreme hard work smartly and continuesly. Are you ready ?

* 45-60 - Strong chances if you don't falter away in last critical one month period and brace up adequately.

* 60-80 - You are reasonably In .. just try to improve ,revise and keep going.. think of a good margin to cross cut off

* >80 -- CHECK AGAIN YOUR TOTAL AS WELL AS ASSESSMENT ..IF STILL SAME ..HATS OFF ..THINK OF NEXT STAGE ..BECAUSE YOU DESERVE IT !!

Disclaimer- After assessment before commenting please keep in mind ->

* All assessment are myths for Unpredictable Public Service Commission .

* There is a thing called LUCK in this world.

* It's a descriptive assessment style and not prescriptive. EXCEPTIONS ARE EVERYWHERE IN THIS WORLD. AND YOU MAY BE ONE OF THEM !!

* This post is for COLLECTIVE ENCOURAGING and not SELECTIVE DISCOURAGING.

* If any doubt on assessment criterion- you can modify them according to your suitablity.. But more important thing is YOUR ONGOING DIRECTION..IF YOU ARE MOVING UP THE LADDER EVERY NEXT WEEK.. YOU ARE BOUND TO SUCCEED ONE DAY

* I'm not expert ..Just a simple AAM ASPIRANT..Will post my own assessment soon ..honest assessment

* Press LIKE if you think it was usefull. Otherwise give CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM !! Waiting ..my 1st discussion on the forum plateform.. Gud nyttt :-)
Being IAS... 4 U Onlyyy... :-)

" Woods are lovely dark and deep..
But I have promises to keep..
But I have promises to keep..
And miles to go before I sleep.. before I sleep. " :)

#HumHongeKamyaabEkDin :)

Comments

• 1) 5.
    2) 7. Because i have revised them once
    3) 5.
    4) 7. Because i have done current of 7 months but have revised them once. Will do 1-2 more revisions.
    5) 10.
    6) 1. But i have solved at least 8-10 papers in April, May.
    7) 10.
    8) 5.
    9) 7. No longer breaks but at times it happens.
    10) 10.

Total score 67.
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
  • Entabbayo sinna pillakayani bedrichinattu bedristhunnave? Ituvantivi ma servicu lo shaana choosham gaani, nuvvu peekededo peekko, menu chinchededo chinchukuntam. :D
  • Dafaq is this?Are aspirants really so gullible?Please close the thread and continue with your prep,UPSC is way too random and unpredictable esp now with GS to ever make such simplistic formulas right.One might read all the the std books and ncerts 5 Times yet wont be confident on more than 40-45 questions :-S
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
  • 70+
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
  • edited July 2015
    Dafaq is this?Are aspirants really so gullible?Please close the thread and continue with your prep,UPSC is way too random and unpredictable esp now with GS to ever make such simplistic formulas right.One might read all the the std books and ncerts 5 Times yet wont be confident on more than 40-45 questions :-S
    Are bhai confidence badhane k liye acha tread hai..sab aspirants ka 60+ hi aayega...Baki sab to exam k din pata chalega. Gussa mat ho yaar ye csp thodi hai!
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
  • 31 (honestly).
    ये वक़्त ना ठहरा है, ये वक़्त ना ठहरेगा |
    यूही गुज़र जाएगा घबराना कैसा |
    हिम्मत से काम लेंगे, घबराना कैसा |
  • Dafaq is this?Are aspirants really so gullible?Please close the thread and continue with your prep,UPSC is way too random and unpredictable esp now with GS to ever make such simplistic formulas right.One might read all the the std books and ncerts 5 Times yet wont be confident on more than 40-45 questions :-S
    Are bhai confidence badhane k liye acha tread hai..sab aspirants ka 60+ hi aayega...Baki sab to exam k din pata chalega. Gussa mat ho yaar ye csp thodi hai!
    +1
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
  • @Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh choti beta ye apne akele type kiya? :O mummy papa ka help to nai liya :-?
    One of the greatest mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results
    May 94 born
    Ex - Assistant commandant (ITBP)
  • but despite of that will go for it
    May 94 born
    Ex - Assistant commandant (ITBP)

Total 40
  • Thanks @lazylord for making me feel great.
    ये वक़्त ना ठहरा है, ये वक़्त ना ठहरेगा |
    यूही गुज़र जाएगा घबराना कैसा |
    हिम्मत से काम लेंगे, घबराना कैसा |
  • ~40
    | History Optional |
  • I just
This discussion has been closed.

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google