Current Affairs Revision Classes + Answer Writing For Mains 2019 
the one class you can bank upon to ace Mains 2019
Click Here to Subscribe for the classes.
Classes to be held every Monday and Tuesday, 5 PM. 

Ethics+ Batch 2 for CSE 2019
Starts 12th June, 2019Register Here
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

Will Termination from PSU Job hamper UPSC Interview?

Comments

• if someone is on leave on medical ground then how would he get noc from his department..wouldn't upsc object it at the time of interview..plz somene clarify it..
    he would not get noc but upsc doesnt ask for noc...
    Our survival instinct is our single greatest source of inspiration. - Dr. Mann
  • @TonyStark i have asked them for 1.5 month extension if they grant me thats ok otherwise i will directly send resignation
    what is procedure to get resign from psu
    just send a mail i have heard about exit interview what is that ???
    i dont wana now go to my location
    will sending just email will do everything
    please clarify
  • @coolbuddy what was work load at psu bank
    u were handling major profile
  • @coolbuddy.
    I am in India s no 1 oil sector PSU
    Maharatna
    Toh fir ankh band karke medical de du....I know prob toh kuch nahi hogi...but jab join karunga toh branch change kar dega bank or location...
    Never messup with ur management
    looking at ur anxiety level I dont think u are able to fully concentrate on ur preparation
    better save ur job
    UPSC can have objection on anyone's absconding or terminated status
    If not on termination but surely on absconding
    The Law of Detachment - be equanimous to both victories and defeats
  • @coolbuddy what was work load at psu bank
    u were handling major profile
    M working in a rural branch.....only 10 to 5 working....new branch....opened last year...even I give 2 hours to study during bank hours....
    M continuously clearing pre since 2012.Need leave for mains otherwise focus nahi hopata hai bhale hi 3, 4 hours hi jaana pade bank...
  • @coolbuddy.
    Maharatna
    Toh fir ankh band karke medical de du....I know prob toh kuch nahi hogi...but jab join karunga toh branch change kar dega bank or location...
    looking at ur anxiety level I dont think u are able to fully concentrate on ur preparation
    better save ur job
    Its not like that....I was on 7 month's leave in 2012 too.....

• edited July 2015
    @TonyStark i have asked them for 1.5 month extension if they grant me thats ok otherwise i will directly send resignation
    please clarify
    if you are in training period....just dont come ......but in case u have completed your probation then its more complex...

generally 3 months notice period is essential. But in your case I dont know about the procedure.......You have to get clearances of your dues before resigning....for that you might have to come to office....
    one senior from my office too didnt join his new place of (remote place) posting for more than 6 months...when office tried to lodge missing FIR he immediately resigned.//....ONe more guy was transferred to some remote place....he then stopped coming to office for more than one year.....later when he rejoined he was transferred to another city..there he joined........
    i am not expert on this....if i come to know more on this i will say here....i am also learning these days//
  • edited July 2015
    @coolbuddy.
    Maharatna
    better save ur job
    absconding is totally different from termination....a govt emplyee cannot be terminated easily...the officer who terminates would be liable so hardly any one takes that risk....termination can occur only on gravest situations...
    btw upsc doesnt have any problem with absconding status.....its a internal matter of the PSU..
  • @coolbuddy.
    Maharatna
    better save ur job

7 months...then how did you handle the medical board????
  • @coolbuddy
    Bro I am commerce student Its my 1 attempt in upsc. @23
    Please tell me what I have to study for pre for science
    I cant do everything in science as it take lot of time
    Also please suggest some thing for June n July current affair
    Till may I have vajiram ca booklet
  • @TonyStark i have asked them for 1.5 month extension if they grant me thats ok otherwise i will directly send resignation
    please clarify
    I do not know about your personal circumstances but my advice will be to NOT quit job , that too a govt job !
    Civil services is an unpredictable exam .. so do not quit a job in hand for something which you may or may not get !

Good luck
    Indian Foreign Service | Career Diplomat
  • @mango_dolly.
    If they terminate me then even I can't demand experience certificate
    And till 23 Aug I don't wana go to office
    As I will have to face lot of music
    As it is more than a year I am on leave :-((
  • edited July 2015
    @draganoir the can't terminate you....job responisbility is on HR department not your boss......if any action is to be taken for such a long leave HR will do what they can....not your boss...you boss may play the music but cannot take action..

experience certificate they never give to absconders....and what will you do with that experience certificate????

I too work in a maharatna psu from where every year many people cracks upsc (after taking leaves) and many of them are still trying....
  • @coolbuddy.
    Maharatna

better save ur job

7 months...then how did you handle the medical board????
    No medical board set up....they just allowed me to join after 7 months....it depends on the person concerned what action they want to take....hamare yahan bank me we know each other I mean persons working in operations department know HR and admin people.So they surely inform the other person before taking any action.and if ur terms are good with HR and admin staff, No one can harm u...
  • @draganoir the can't terminate you....job responisbility is on HR department not your boss......if any action is to be taken for such a long leave HR will do what they can....not your boss...you boss may play the music but cannot take action..

experience certificate they never give to absconders....and what will you do with that experience certificate????

I too work in a maharatna psu from where every year many people cracks upsc (after taking leaves) and many of them are still trying....
    Leave toh apke yahan bhi unauthorized hi hoti hogi....I mean 2 days ki CL....after that medical.....then on loss of pay....
  • @coolbuddy PLEASE HELP ME FORPRE
  • @dragon air....sure how can I help u?
  • I've joined a public sector bank this month only therefore I'm in probation period. My queries are
    1. Should I inform the bank that I had filled civil services exam to get noc during interview
    2. I want leave after prelims result for around two months. Is it possible to get leave in probation period and if yes then how to get them- by medical leave or leave without pay. What should be my strategy
    3. Can bank terminate my job due to this behaviour or they can withheld the noc
    P.S.- I want to mention the job as I'm 2010 graduate
  • @coolbuddy
    @coolbuddy
    Bro I am commerce student Its my 1 attempt in upsc. @23
    Please tell me what I have to study for pre for science
    I cant do everything in science as it take lot of time
    Also please suggest some thing for June n July current affair
    Till may I have vajiram ca bookle
  • @dragonair.....skip current affairs....science and tech is also an uncertain portion....cover everything except science and current in detail and revise as many times as possible.....cover ncert for science and tech and some chapters like defence, space, IT, Nuclear energy, Biotechnology etc from any other book ....current me science, amendments in laws and acts, economy dekh sakte ho....
  • i am still in the company hehe
  • Kon si company hum bhi join karege
    2014-1st attempt,mains--pol science
  • @hummingbird inbox mai batata hun oil company hai

i heard from somewhere u r getting145 in pre hmm
  • @hummingbird inbox mai batata hun oil company hai

i heard from somewhere u r getting145 in pre hmm

Pre k pehle logon ka tym kharab karne ka ek trick tha kya!

• @DOLPHIN nahi bhai yeh mere real story thi
    quora parbi i have asked forsuggestion
    i am in oil psu and have not been terminated yet , i am not mentioning name as us psu ki bahut student yahan aate hai bhai
    isley you give ur mail id i will send all my details if u say
  • @dragonoir - BHai koi ye bataye ki Bank me 3 mahine ki leave kaise le. Bas medical certificate de kya ya bank study ke liye leave deta ha?
  • @IronDome
    medical 3 months ka easliy miljata hai fRACTURE ka
    but bank study leave nai deta i think atleast 5 sal tak nai
  • @draganoir - Bhai pehle hi 1 month , fir 2 month aisa karke 2 baar leave le liya ha. Ab soch raha hu, mains ke liye 3 months ka daal du. Beech beech me 10 -10 din ke liye bank join karta hu fir lambi chutti dal deta hu.

Kya suggestion doge ?
  • @IronDome
    mene eisa nai kiya mene direct 1 sal ki chuti li hai
    sirf medical diya
    aur kbi bi unko koi reply nai kiya nahi unka koi letter recieve kiya
    mai 10 days ke lie bich mai jaata toh chuti nai le pata wapis
    my boss was not agood person
  • I am working in bank of India .n want to take 40 days leave for csm do I need to submit medical report or medical n fitness certificate r enough?
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly