Current Affairs for Prelims 2019 | Online | Offline | 25th March@5PM | Why should I Join?
ForumIAS Current Affairs Classes for Prelims commences from March 25th. There will be about 12 classes held 3 days a week at 5PM in the offline mode. Course is available in both Online & Offline Mode.
Join Online Classes | Join Offline Classes
We are hiring!
Visit http://go.forumias.com/changetheworld to apply now!

Will Termination from PSU Job hamper UPSC Interview?

edited October 2015 in Official Exam Process
I have a doubt regarding my job .I am presently working as a Account officer in one of the oil sector PSU .
I am on medical leave since 25 july 2014
I have never joined my office since 25 july .
Mails are coming for my joining but i am not replying ,my colleagues at office were telling that company might terminate me , since it is 11 month now .
I have a doubt sir whether it would have any bad repercussions in UPSC interview
Should i myself resign from job before They terminate me .

As the information regarding termination is also not 100 % authentic so i dont wana take risk of resigning from the Job so early and I have also seen few officers joining after 1.5 Years also in some of PSU

Sir I know that it is not related to your subject but still if can gave me some suggestions regarding this matter and guide me little on this matter it would be of great help to me .

Thanking you
With Regard

Comments

• Totally unbecoming of a future IAS officer( may it happen) not at all good.
    Face it bud.. Gnnnite!
  • I suggest following : -
    1. Immediately send them long medical illness certificate from some known doctor of yours plus your application of not joining duties due to medical issues...due to this they can't terminate unilaterally... They have to take steps further.
    2. Do not reaveal about ur preparation to anyone related even distantly tu ur PSU job.
    Don Goshti Majhyasamor aalya na.. Ki mala kay karaycha te kalat nahi .. Vanilla Ice cream ani tu..
  • by the time you reach interview these things become immaterial.
    but i personally suggest try to save yr job as long as possible as only 1000 lucky guys will get jobs through civil services rest will have to make their career in other field - this is the harsh reality.
    also i know u r talking about EIL, i have one of my friend who had taken 1 year leave on medical ground but later due to frustration and inquiry he left EIL - but next yr he got IPS also.
  • Totally unbecoming of a future IAS officer( may it happen) not at all good.
    Face it bud.. Gnnnite!
    Judgemental [-X X( [-X
    In order to survive,we cling to all we know & understand.And we label it reality.
    But knowledge & understanding are ambiguous.That reality could be an illusion. All humans live with the wrong assumptions.
    Isn't that another way of looking at it???
  • I have a doubt regarding my job .I am presently working as a Account officer in one of the oil sector PSU .
    Mails are coming for my joining but i am not replying ,my colleagues at office were telling that company might terminate me , since it is 11 month now .
    I have a doubt sir whether it would have any bad repercussions in UPSC interview

As the information regarding termination is also not 100 % authentic so i dont wana take risk of resigning from the Job so early and I have also seen few officers joining after 1.5 Years also in some of PSU

Sir I know that it is not related to your subject but still if can gave me some suggestions regarding this matter and guide me little on this matter it would be of great help to me .

Thanking you
    With Regard
    Giving Medical is the best option for you. They cant single handedly terminate you. They can only write letters to you if you give medical to office. Be assured that govt has certain rules. They have their own job to save if they terminate you when you say that u are medicall ill. So, they cant take this step at any cost.
  • edited July 2015
    Totally unbecoming of a future IAS officer( may it happen) not at all good.
    Face it bud.. Gnnnite!
    ......said exactly like a frustrated boss in a PSU :))
    Our survival instinct is our single greatest source of inspiration. - Dr. Mann
  • I have a doubt regarding my job .I am presently working as a Account officer in one of the oil sector PSU .

Thanking you
    With Regard
    take medical leave and send documents on pro rata basis...then they can't terminate you nor absconding charges will apply
    or else continue with the job but do not accept to handle bigger projects/assignments
  • Don't delay in communication with your company.. submit medical and get an extension if possible or join back.. it's better to have a bird in hand than two in the bush.. somebody had rightly said me this once..
  • Thanks frnds for all your valuable suggestions
    I have already given them medical for 3 months when I took leave
    Now no doctor is giving me any more medical certificate
    As they said for more than 3 month it requires a medical board to set up for govt employee
    From last October I am not replying to their mail and now even my mail Id is not working
    since Jan 2015 i am getting letters at my home but i am not receiving the letters , my frnds at office are telling that they might chargesheet me now for not replying to queries of senior
    If i go their now it would waste almost 1 month and they would not allow me to go back again on leave
    I dont know how to take 1 year leave as here no docter is ready even i am ready to pay them money they want
  • Me too in the same boat. On leave since march this year. Even I'm worried. Haven't submitted any medical certificate. From what I know, if you apply for medical leave and your leave happens to be more than 90 days, you have to face the medical board before they allow you to join your duty back. Last year an engineering guy did the same in my PSU. A lot of drama happened when he wanted to join back. His brother, an IAS from Raj cadre had intervened but he had to resign eventually as his certificates were found out to be false. What I'll suggeat is to not worry about it right now. Eaxm is near. Usually an enquiry committee is formed and you are communicated about the same before they terminate you. Stay in their touch. You will be heard. Be ready with your resignation if things turn sour. Well, that's what I've planned. Any senior with similar experience kindly guide. Rest, please don't judge. It's not practical for everyone to leave the job altogether or study while on the job.
    Momentum is a rare and precious commodity. When you have it, run with it as hard as you can because you're never sure how long it will last.
    As they said for more than 3 month it requires a medical board to set up for govt employee
    From last October I am not replying to their mail and now even my mail Id is not working
    since Jan 2015 i am getting letters at my home but i am not receiving the letters , my frnds at office are telling that they might chargesheet me now for not replying to queries of senior
    If i go their now it would waste almost 1 month and they would not allow me to go back again on leave
    I dont know how to take 1 year leave as here no docter is ready even i am ready to pay them money they want
    .......officially three month is required for medical board.....lot depends on doctor too.....he can still refer u for bed rest further if he trusts you....becoz once u rejoin ur work, the HR will send ur medical certificates via their medical division to your doctors hospital for verifying the certificate....thats why the doctor need trust from ur side...
    ...if you get letters always try to reply them..... chances are there that they might file FIR for missing person....
    ...if you are confident to get another job as backup...resign the present job.....

finally three options to say :
    1) persuade ur doctor to extend the period for bedrest,...and then reply the company via mail with proof
    or
    2) join the office....for few weeks or months.....they won't give u work for few weeks/months untill ur leaves are approvedwhich will take a long time......till then study in office...

or

3) do nothing......in the event that they file FIR or send u prior information to terminate you, resign from the job immediately....

in my opinion, no. 1 is the most common appraoch among civils aspirants.....working in a PSU

your job can be terminated based on the stated course of events.you will receive a termination letter in that case by registered post.it does not have any effect on your interview or even on your future employment,unless you mention it on your resume.worst,your letter of work experience can be demanded,but that is rare case.you can always tell me that you resigned.

if you have worked for a short while,it is best to avoid the reference all together.

however, i will advice you to confirm that you may be actually be terminated and thereby resign at once.
    do not get into the mess of chargesheet and other legal hooplas just before exam.trust me,if your boss and hr department want you to be in mess,you will be uncomfortable.

"i am the guy doing my job,you must be the other guy."
  • hey frnds i have been told by one of my frnd that 17.07 is my last date they will terminate me afterwards
    they have set up committee for this . 2 hearings of committee is over and on 17.07 it will be last hearing
    I am sending them a mail for extension upto 25 august after pre .
    Will they will grant me extension
    or this time i should give them resignation
    please help
  • Yes, they can terminate you.
    At the same time, the competent authority can further extend your termination process on valid grounds for which you need to convince them. And in NO way , preparation for CSE qualifies for that ground.

It's ultimately your choice - the ball is in your court.
    Decide yourself - CSE or JOB.

As far as I see it all depends on your background as in family, financial issue, age, et al and also what you can achieve afterwards.

Good Liuck, bro.

PS: I resigned from my job like 3-4 months ago after having been through the same dilemma.
  • hey what should i write in mail from where to start
    for eg :- "due to my medical illness n family responsibilities i was not able to join org since last 1 year "
    Kindly apologize and allow me some more time till last week of august " i will definitely join the organisation "
    Is this sufficient or i should add more please frnds today evening i have to send mail please give views and valuable suggestion
  • today is my last day to reply
  • vikas
    Can i tell them due to health problem of my parents i can come at the end of august ...
    i will not tell them of preparing for CSE
  • vikas
    Can i tell them due to health problem of my parents i can come at the end of august ...
    i will not tell them of preparing for CSE
    what's the point?
    even if you join in august,you will be hard pressed for time for mains.
    ultimately you may be caught in two boats.

also,your boss will not be pleased to see you after so long time,mind that.

my advice-take your call-either job or cse.
    "i am the guy doing my job,you must be the other guy."
  • One of my friends had mentioned about his sister health problem ( a lie though) and he was given 2 months extension. Humans are humans. If you can convince them there's no hard and fast rule. PSUs are PSUs. Everything can be moulded as per the situation ( you must be knowing this).

My advice ,in case you don't want to leave your job, would be - if you can hide your preparation from the authority, and pretend that there 's some other predicament , then you can write a letter seeking extension.

Otherwise there's no point. And Iike I said make a decision : CSE or JOB. It's difficult I know. But trust me post decision, you would be a more relaxed person irrespective of your decision.

• One of my friends had mentioned about his sister health problem ( a lie though) and he was given 2 months extension. Humans are humans. If you can convince them there's no hard and fast rule. PSUs are PSUs. Everything can be moulded as per the situation ( you must be knowing this).

My advice ,in case you don't want to leave your job, would be - if you can hide your preparation from the authority, and pretend that there 's some other predicament , then you can write a letter seeking extension.

Otherwise there's no point. And Iike I said make a decision : CSE or JOB. It's difficult I know. But trust me post decision, you would be a more relaxed person irrespective of your decision.

my sister is really in hospital presently she is undergoing delivery can i give her reference and ask them for some more extension also my parents s health
    i will be sending them mail today if they allowed me then its ok , if they didnt i will be simply sending them resignation as i cant waste more time on this now anymore
  • I have 2 go on leave after prelims for 3 months....I think medical will b suffice to get leave without any harm.bcz 90 days is not a too long period ki termination ki naubat aaye...
  • coolbuddy mai 1 sal se holiday par hun
    3 month aaram se mil jate hai
    If u r in PSU
  • @DRAGONAIR....I m in a public sector Bank.
  • @coolbuddy.
    I am in India s no 1 oil sector PSU
    Maharatna
  • @coolbuddy
    banks have work to do psu mai itna kam nai tha so they allowed me
  • frnds i have sent mail finally tommorow judgement day for me thier reply :-) :((
  • @coolbuddy.
    I am in India s no 1 oil sector PSU
    Maharatna
    Toh fir ankh band karke medical de du....I know prob toh kuch nahi hogi...but jab join karunga toh branch change kar dega bank or location...
  • if someone is on leave on medical ground then how would he get noc from his department..wouldn't upsc object it at the time of interview..plz somene clarify it..
  • edited July 2015
    If you are terminated from a PSU, that is something like a Govt. Organisation has terminated you and if once terminated then no Govt. Organisation will accept you.

Avoid termination at any cost. Otherwise it will hamper you future carrer. Deshdroh ( english word yaad nahi aa rha) k baad termination ata hai in terms of misconduct. I am not confident but even if you are selected in civils and then it came out that you were terminated on some grounds then they may cancel your appointment.

How do I know : I have worked in a PSU.

So, Avoid termination at any cost. Bhale hi resign karna pade per terminate mat hona. And take this matter seriously as it has potential to ruin your carrer.
  • If you are terminated from a PSU, that is something like a Govt. Organisation has terminated you and if once terminated then no Govt. Organisation will accept you.

Avoid termination at any cost. Otherwise it will hamper you future carrer. Deshdroh ( english word yaad nahi aa rha) k baad termination ata hai in terms of misconduct. I am not confident but even if you are selected in civils and then it came out that you were terminated on some grounds then they may cancel your appointment.

How do I know : I have worked in a PSU.

So, Avoid termination at any cost. Bhale hi resign karna pade per terminate mat hona. And take this matter seriously as it has potential to ruin your carrer.
    +1
    avoid being terminated from any govt. job..it will ruin your future prospects
Sign In or Join to comment.

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google