Navy’s MiG-29K to take on France’s Rafale-M off Goa China’s GDP grows at 6.4% in Q1,defies expectations slowdown China unmoved by U.S. bid to discuss Masood Azhar in UNSC Madras High Court upholds President’s decision to cancel Vellore poll Chenchus believe the fox ushers in fortune

ForumIAS Academy Student Minal from Delhi University's St. Stephens Secures Rank 35 - First Batch of ForumIAS Foundation Program Click here to download her copies and notes
IMPORTANT: ForumIAS Discuss is now LIVE. You can visit it at discuss.forumias.com

We are hiring!

Basic books for shortlisting optional subject

edited June 2015 in Miscellaneous
Hello everyone,
I am aware of the concept of going for the optional in which one has his/her interest.
The problem lies in finding the basic books, so that we can figure out the subject which suits us.
I request all the senior members to please mention some basic books for different optionals, which you all have read, so that people like me can read these to find out where our interests lie and finally this can help us to shortlist our optional.
TIA

Comments

• Seniors please help. Just 4-5 books on different optionals would do it. I am not asking for 1k comments.
  • Bro read ncert of socio,pshyco and for history,geography ,polity,economics u r already covering basic fir agriculture u can read few chapters from 12th ncert bio portion..the subject u like most take that as optional..these are basic books to decide..
  • @rkr06
    Thank you sir for your valuable feedback.
    And special thanks for your valuable time which you invested in answering my query.
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our IFoS Toppers
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1) | Read His Story
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) | Read Her Story
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) | Watch His Interview
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) | Watch His Interview

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google