ForumIAS Open Mock is NOW LIVE and Open To ALL! : To Write the Mock Online, just log on to http://compete.forumias.com and register or login to write the Test.

In case you want to write the Test in Old Rajinder Nagar, Visit our Test Center #1 at Guidance IAS,( 1st floor) Opposite Subway Tests will be ongoing between 10AM to 4 PM on 30th (today). Just walk in. Call Shantanu at 9821711603 for assistance.
Detailed Solution and Key+ Ranklist will be made available to all after declaration of results on Sunday 7PM
Important The Full Answerkey and solutions of Open Test along with ranks will be made available by Sunday 7PM. The Answerkey(s) are not final and will be updated.

Sociology Marks Mains 2012

I got 168 in sociology in mains. I want to know what were the average marks or the general trend in marking so that I can know how much am I lagging behind.

Comments

• I think most of the people who made it to the list got around 230-240 in Sociology, with Paper-I being (just a little) more scoring than Paper-II. By the way, how was your preparation, were you satisfied with it?
    CSE 2013 with Sociology
  • My marks
    socio paper 1 -138
    socio paper 2- 75
    remark - I could not finish the syllabus of paper 2 and had to suffer (even could not retain the basics).
    I think average marks should be around 230 only.
  • My marks
    socio paper 1 -138
    socio paper 2- 75
    remark - I could not finish the syllabus of paper 2 and had to suffer (even could not retain the basics).
    I think average marks should be around 230 only.
    you got pretty good score in socio paper I. can u share the sources that u referred?
  • @corona
    For paper 1 I followed IGNOU (BA+MA) material along with haralambous .I did not use any coaching material to be honest.
  • @kafka - that was my first attempt so I was not even sure about the prelims. I started preparing after the result so I was not up to the mark.

@aman8770 -man you really got good score :)>-
  • 130+98=228
  • @Devil
    I got decent marks in paper 1 but in paper 2 i have seen people getting very good marks ranging 120 to 140
    but it's fine nobody to blame after all that is what i deserved (given that i could not retain the basics also).
  • @aman8770
    Any intention of taking sociology this year? I am taking it.
  • @Devil
    I have no other option as my other optional was PA where i put lot of effort but in vain so i will also go for sociology .anyway what's your strategy??
  • @aman8770

I have also dropped PA and going with sociology. Well our preparation of PA earlier will certainly help us in paper 4 of GS.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google