How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!

Daily current affairs on social issue for sociology optional

Hi friends,
As we can see marks variation in paper 2, it us necessary for us to give more stress on current issue so that we can interlink these things with our answers.
To do it in collective manner, I am starting this thread. PLEASE try to make this initiative successful so that till October we will have a huge collection of current issues.

Comments

• Global slavery index 2016

According to the 2016 Global Slavery Index released by Australia-based human rights group Walk Free Foundation today, an estimated 45.8 million people, including women and children, are subject to some form of modern slavery in the world, compared to 35.8 million in 2014.

The report said India has the highest absolute numbers of people trapped in slavery with 18.35 million slaves among its 1.3 billion population while North Korea has the highest incidence (4.37 per cent of the population) and the weakest government response to deal with it.

In the last report in 2014, India had nearly 14.3 million people enslaved.
  • India unveils first-ever comprehensive draft anti-human trafficking law

***Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi on Monday released the draft anti-human trafficking bill for public consultation. The draft, unlike the existing laws, treats a trafficked person as a victim and not as an offender, irrespective of the trade they are being trafficked for, including sexual exploitation. It also proposes a rehabilitation fund to help victims rebuild their lives.

***According to the National Crime Records Bureau, there were 5,466 human trafficking cases registered in 2014, an increase of 90 per cent over the past five years, though activists say this is a gross underestimate.

***Thousands of Indians – largely poor, rural women and children – are lured to big cities each year by traffickers who promise good jobs but sell them into domestic or sex work or to industries such as textile workshops. In many cases, they are unpaid or held in debt bondage. Some go missing, and their families cannot trace them.

*South Asia, with India at its centre, is the fastest-growing and second-largest region for human trafficking in the world, after East Asia, says the UN Office for Drugs and Crime.
  • edited June 2016
    Hi,it is a good thing to know as much as possible current affairs.I refer app for current affairs Section .I learn daily 5 questions fro current affairs. I want to know important topics in Gk. Is important terms related to sports is essential part or not?
    Thanks
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog