10 Days to Mains: Don’t Be Intimidated. Be Inspired. By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 CGP 2019 Admission Test | Details Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty
CSE 2019   Attend 3 sessions on preparing for CSE 2019 , right from the right preparation strategy, reading the newspaper, making notes to how to write good answers. Orientation session is open to all and mandatory for all CGP Students. Click here for details.
Current Affairs 2019   We are commencing with the second batch of Current Affairs + Answer Writing from 16th September. Attend the first class free on Sunday, 16th September at 11AM, New Delhi. Click here to know more and register. Click here for details.

any hope for newbies to crack upsc2018 now???

is there any hope left for person who will start from today to crack upsc cse 2018 with sociology optional.????please guys help..i can go to any extent or level for preparation...just provide some guideance...
I maybe anyone but i dont belong to anyone.

Comments

• 10-12 hours everyday till 2nd June may increase your chance to clear Prelims.
    But clearing prelims+mains+interview from scratch in 120 days is not possible.
    Best you can do is to focus on prelims.
    This is not the good time to read optional/mains specific subjects.
    Kyuki optional/mains toh tab likhoge jab prelims clear hoga!
    Anything less than 125 in prelims is not safe and good for sound preparation of mains, for which you get 120 days after 2nd June.
  • should i read basic books or start solving test series
    I maybe anyone but i dont belong to anyone.
  • ash007 said:

is there any hope left for person who will start from today to crack upsc cse 2018 with sociology optional.????please guys help..i can go to any extent or level for preparation...just provide some guideance...

People have done it, and people will do it. Depends on who it is. In fact most veterans are annually beaten by younger people, who race ahead in the end.
  • While one should be hopeful its important in life to have long term view. You can not have respectful career in any field in 6 months. So don't think much about result of this year's exam..
    My advice don't bother about 2018. Study well do your best and if you clear in 2018 that's good..If you don't 2019 is definitely yours..
  • dont count of hours but of content u cover .. also UPSC is quite a gamble dont make high expectation and keep trying on other exams
    “The road to power is paved with hypocrisy, and casualties. Never regret.”
  • Prepare for next attempt. Or be ready to for some anxiety and depression later
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog