How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
27 JULY | 200+ Issues for Mains 2018 ForumIAS is conducting classes for Current Affairs Mains. Cover upto 200+ Issues important for Mains , with specific focus on holistic coverage and content differentiation. Attend the first session ( Open to All ) at 11AM, on Friday July 27 at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.
CLICK HERE to read more and register for the First Open Class

IMPORTANT : We're homeless from Monday 12:01 AM - Read here esp for SFG & RLG Students

Dear Friends,

Apparently the Supreme Court has decided to enforce the Delhi Master Plan of 1990 in 2017. Under a monitoring committee, the government Supreme Court has decided to ensure that any areas with mixed land use will not be allowed to have commercial activities on the first, second, third floor and so on.

This despite the Courts requiring and collecting a commercial fee on "rental agreements" , because as per the courts - they are "commercial". The electricity bill is also charged at "commercial rates", because well they are commercial. But as per Master Plan of Delhi 1990, they were not supposed to be so.

Also, the buildings themselves are not illegal, but their use for anything apart from residential is not allowed.

So, we have been asked move , as of now, every single chair, table from the premises as the courts will seal all properties. That is the 24 hours notice from the landlord.

This is a very big thing happening in the history of Delhi.But the issue has been blacked out by media, and no protests for the same have been occurring. Not to say that few thousands of people have been rendered jobless.

Summing it up - we are homeless for now.

(There is a little uncertainty as to when the ceiling will happen, because of 26th January - things like these may be postponed till January 27th. Or it may happen on January 22nd )

How this may impact us

For one, we are homeless. We did raise an offline center because apparently students did not have a good experience when the offline center was in a shared space

Second, the rents will double or triple due to scarcity. Imagine, like your room rent being raised from 8000-12,000 to 24,000 - 36,000 / per person.

Third, this may raise the fees of the courses. We know a lot of you were angry with increase in MGP fees, so we did revise the fees to lower/older prices for both MGP for Prelims Test Series

Fourth, it may kill intiatives like SFG - some of which we have a vision to pursue given that we saw radical improvements in the performance of the students who were part of it. We are sure that anyone who has not cleared Prelims before, will clear it with 100% certainty if he / she is able to cope up with discipline, pressure, and competition - such that such discipline, and competition is a new normal for him/ her.

Fifth, it may not affect the organisations located in ORN, such as the Big V, The Medium V, The Big S, and The Big N because they may be able to delay, if not avoid, such evictions, because of M power - which we do not have.


For now,

Our Centers are now closed from Monday till further notice. We are working on restoring the services within a week / at the earliest.

For SFG and RLG Students, who have shown tremendous grit in these days, we will not let your hard work go in vain.

We will not give up on you. Each one of you have to make it in this attempt. You are working for a nobel cause. If we do not have the center ready, we will write Tests in the park in ORN. But we will not break this culture of excellence on whose path you are on.

We may change the timings so that all of you can write tests in the park at a time when we have sunshine, so that it is not cold. You may be required to get a cardboard and a mat/sheet on which you can sit or you can choose to sit on the grass. ( We have plenty of grass, but the ground may be wet )

We"ll do this, and we will not compromise on anything

We told you when we began that when you embark on a mission, the winter will defeat some people, the early morning waking up will defeat some people, and situations like these - not having comfortable chairs - will defeat some people.

Don't be those people.

The world has no place for people who give up on their dreams easily.

*********************************************


For MGP/ Prelims Test Series Students , we will update your shortly on how to go about it. We will try to restore services before weekend. We are thinking of having Imagerunners - the guys who do xerox well, as a touch point for collecting question papers/ answer key and submission of copies.

We will let you know in this thread as well as via email and SMS.

We will not let you down. And we'll be back soon.

******************************************

Interview Candidates

You can coordinate with Test Center people. Mock will go on in the Park of CCD

Our resolve to help you in even stronger now.



Wishing you success,

Always,
ForumIAS.com
«134

Comments

  • I am really so sorry this had to happen to you guys. The grit you have shown - thinking of SFG/RLG people even in this hour of crisis is inspiring. I will be there to write the tests in the park or anywhere else you find suitable at any time you decide. Will study even harder and make you proud. Happy to be associated with an institute with a culture like yours.
  • You can go online to an extent for sometime, but I know that too require physical infrastructure. Let’s hope it would be resolved by the end of week. Never back down!
  • So sorry to hear this,just when i was getting some confidence in myself giving daily test,and this is not only me,but many of us..disheartening to know this...we are with you @ForumIAS team..
    Keep failing till you/I succeed.
  • @ForumIAS : We hope things get sorted out soon. Any updates/plans for CGP students?
  • bhai, applogon ne jo kiya hai, hats off to you people. you have really set a benchmark for everyone to emulate.

    aap logon ko agar kisi bhi prakaar ki sahayta ki jaroorat ho, toh jaroor kahiyega. we know ki rents will be 5-6 lakhs per month for you now.. even more.. so moneywise we cant help, but if you need any help for guiding students for mains or prelims.. toh bhai , naukri se leave lekar aa sakta hoon.. aap logon ke liye..

    aap log bas ek bar bolo.

    mera selection hi sirf aap logon ke karan hua hai.

    aur yaad rakhna, u have created a revolution. and to end i will quote that night is darkest before the dawn, and dawn is coming.

  • sir i appreciate your intentions..but i think park is not a good idea..
    its v v v cold in the morning...plus dark, noisy etc...
    so intead of tat, we can postpone it by a week, and for next week the test syallabus this weeks plus next weeks..
    like this monday's syallabus together with next mondays syallabus combined..etc.
    not to say that park wali idea is bad, but tat should be our last option becoz in tat case our exam environment will depend on extraneous factors which are not in our control..
    josh se acha hosh...
  • I was planning to join MGP+ C starting from 25th Jan. Should I hold now?
  • bhai, applogon ne jo kiya hai, hats off to you people. you have really set a benchmark for everyone to emulate.

    aap logon ko agar kisi bhi prakaar ki sahayta ki jaroorat ho, toh jaroor kahiyega. we know ki rents will be 5-6 lakhs per month for you now.. even more.. so moneywise we cant help, but if you need any help for guiding students for mains or prelims.. toh bhai , naukri se leave lekar aa sakta hoon.. aap logon ke liye..

    aap log bas ek bar bolo.

    mera selection hi sirf aap logon ke karan hua hai.

    aur yaad rakhna, u have created a revolution. and to end i will quote that night is darkest before the dawn, and dawn is coming.

    forumias yeh sab challenges life main ate rhte hai but you know how to solve this types of problem because u make many ias,ips n other and many more effort for hardworking student for selecting in civil service exm bas last line give up mat krna
  • Golem said:

    I was planning to join MGP+ C starting from 25th Jan. Should I hold now?

    We are working on having a working facility in the next 2 days. This will mean you will have a Test Center by 25th to write Tests. Discussions will be online, if any for the week
    Warlord said:

    sir i appreciate your intentions..but i think park is not a good idea..
    its v v v cold in the morning...plus dark, noisy etc...
    so intead of tat, we can postpone it by a week, and for next week the test syallabus this weeks plus next weeks..
    like this monday's syallabus together with next mondays syallabus combined..etc.
    not to say that park wali idea is bad, but tat should be our last option becoz in tat case our exam environment will depend on extraneous factors which are not in our control..
    josh se acha hosh...

    We are thinking of having a day timing, when there is sunshine.
  • Very sorry to hear...
    got disciplined thanks to the wonderful initiative of sfg...
    You are thinking about sfg students Abhi
    is really motivating for us...we too won't disappoint you....
    Hope things get sorted out soon...
    We are With you forum...

  • @ForumIAS any updates for CGP students?
  • It will be a matter of time.
    Things will find its way.
  • Dear ForumIAS

    This is upsetting to say the least. Hope things work out soon for you people.

    As far as SFG is concerned, Park it is. I will show up with happiness and preparation. :smiley:
  • Warlord said:

    sir i appreciate your intentions..but i think park is not a good idea..
    its v v v cold in the morning...plus dark, noisy etc...
    so intead of tat, we can postpone it by a week, and for next week the test syallabus this weeks plus next weeks..
    like this monday's syallabus together with next mondays syallabus combined..etc.
    not to say that park wali idea is bad, but tat should be our last option becoz in tat case our exam environment will depend on extraneous factors which are not in our control..
    josh se acha hosh...

    We can adjust and cooperate with them for some time. I am sure they are working to come up with a viable alternative soon.

    However postponing tests is not a good idea. It will break momentum and motivation. Any other institute would have resorted to what you have suggested but I am glad, ForumIAS is not like any other institute.
  • Sadhanyavad aap logo ka,
    Shayad dusra koi institute hota toh 1 hafte ki chutti baant deta.
    Mai park kya sir, road par bhi exam duga. Aap itna kar sakte ho toh hum kyu nahi.
    Park is good and familiar place. There would be some distractions but then I think throughout these 2 years I've been excusing.. With SFG I have seen a ray of hope.. Bahot wait kia sir, abki baar prelims nikalna hai.
    Aaj bhi kai school ped ke neeche chalte hai. 1 extra sweater pehen lege.. Par aayege.

    Mujhe lgta hai ki kejriwal k 20 mla, ndmc ki Todd-fodd sab related hai. Kuch din me sab theek hojayega.
    Sadak par logo ko utarne do zra. Rahi baat Supreme court ki toh, khud apni ladai solve kar lein pahle.. Bad jaldi neend khuli hai 27 saal baad.
  • Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

    Beyond this place of wrath and tears
    Looms but the Horror of the shade,
    And yet the menace of the years
    Finds and shall find me unafraid.

    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.
  • @ForumIAS Sir confirm us with timing for next week,i think this is just a test for our sincerity and grit...,we all will be in the park,as they say...“It Ain’t How Hard You Hit…It’s How Hard You Can Get Hit and Keep Moving Forward”
    So park it is..!!
    Keep failing till you/I succeed.
  • @ForumIAS ...have whatsapped you ...that is my bit which i can without anything in return. Connect over phone/whatsapp if you would like that. All the best.
  • Modern day Guru Dronacharya...

    More power to you guys!
    Grow by leaps and bounds!
  • ForumIAS said:

    Dear Friends,

    Apparently the Supreme Court has decided to enforce the Delhi Master Plan of 1990 in 2017. Under a monitoring committee, the government Supreme Court has decided to ensure that any areas with mixed land use will not be allowed to have commercial activities on the first, second, third floor and so on.

    This despite the Courts requiring and collecting a commercial fee on "rental agreements" , because as per the courts - they are "commercial". The electricity bill is also charged at "commercial rates", because well they are commercial. But as per Master Plan of Delhi 1990, they were not supposed to be so.

    Also, the buildings themselves are not illegal, but their use for anything apart from residential is not allowed.

    So, we have been asked move , as of now, every single chair, table from the premises as the courts will seal all properties. That is the 24 hours notice from the landlord.

    This is a very big thing happening in the history of Delhi.But the issue has been blacked out by media, and no protests for the same have been occurring. Not to say that few thousands of people have been rendered jobless.

    Summing it up - we are homeless for now.

    (There is a little uncertainty as to when the ceiling will happen, because of 26th January - things like these may be postponed till January 27th. Or it may happen on January 22nd )

    How this may impact us

    For one, we are homeless. We did raise an offline center because apparently students did not have a good experience when the offline center was in a shared space

    Second, the rents will double or triple due to scarcity. Imagine, like your room rent being raised from 8000-12,000 to 24,000 - 36,000 / per person.

    Third, this may raise the fees of the courses. We know a lot of you were angry with increase in MGP fees, so we did revise the fees to lower/older prices for both MGP for Prelims Test Series

    Fourth, it may kill intiatives like SFG - some of which we have a vision to pursue given that we saw radical improvements in the performance of the students who were part of it. We are sure that anyone who has not cleared Prelims before, will clear it with 100% certainty if he / she is able to cope up with discipline, pressure, and competition - such that such discipline, and competition is a new normal for him/ her.

    Fifth, it may not affect the organisations located in ORN, such as the Big V, The Medium V, The Big S, and The Big N because they may be able to delay, if not avoid, such evictions, because of M power - which we do not have.


    For now,

    Our Centers are now closed from Monday till further notice. We are working on restoring the services within a week / at the earliest.

    For SFG and RLG Students, who have shown tremendous grit in these days, we will not let your hard work go in vain.

    We will not give up on you. Each one of you have to make it in this attempt. You are working for a nobel cause. If we do not have the center ready, we will write Tests in the park in ORN. But we will not break this culture of excellence on whose path you are on.

    We may change the timings so that all of you can write tests in the park at a time when we have sunshine, so that it is not cold. You may be required to get a cardboard and a mat/sheet on which you can sit or you can choose to sit on the grass. ( We have plenty of grass, but the ground may be wet )

    We"ll do this, and we will not compromise on anything

    We told you when we began that when you embark on a mission, the winter will defeat some people, the early morning waking up will defeat some people, and situations like these - not having comfortable chairs - will defeat some people.

    Don't be those people.

    The world has no place for people who give up on their dreams easily.

    *********************************************


    For MGP/ Prelims Test Series Students , we will update your shortly on how to go about it. We will try to restore services before weekend. We are thinking of having Imagerunners - the guys who do xerox well, as a touch point for collecting question papers/ answer key and submission of copies.

    We will let you know in this thread as well as via email and SMS.

    We will not let you down. And we'll be back soon.

    ******************************************

    Interview Candidates

    You can coordinate with Test Center people. Mock will go on in the Park of CCD

    Our resolve to help you in even stronger now.



    Wishing you success,

    Always,
    ForumIAS.com

    sorry to hear that.... salute to you guys for your positive attitude. .
  • @ForumIAS Sir I will be their in park...
    I support ur effort..
    Kratos
  • @ForumIAS Sir I will be their in park...
    I support ur effort..

    +1
  • @ForumIAS don't let the wave come to its ebb. We won't hesitate to take grassy path, if it leads to the velvety destination.
    Ye Upsc nhi nidahas trophy ka final h aur is final ka DK main hu.
  • Warlord said:

    sir i appreciate your intentions..but i think park is not a good idea..
    its v v v cold in the morning...plus dark, noisy etc...
    so intead of tat, we can postpone it by a week, and for next week the test syallabus this weeks plus next weeks..
    like this monday's syallabus together with next mondays syallabus combined..etc.
    not to say that park wali idea is bad, but tat should be our last option becoz in tat case our exam environment will depend on extraneous factors which are not in our control..
    josh se acha hosh...

    We can adjust and cooperate with them for some time. I am sure they are working to come up with a viable alternative soon.

    However postponing tests is not a good idea. It will break momentum and motivation. Any other institute would have resorted to what you have suggested but I am glad, ForumIAS is not like any other institute.
    yar mera 1st attempt hota toh chaad par bhi jake likhta...itna josh tabhi hee rehta hai...

    yaha loog poem daal rahe...sarfaroshi ki tammana hai sabke dil mein..

    but not every1 is comfortable tbh...

    i for one would nvr be comfortable writing a test on mat ,grass pe..21 22 saal ka hota toh shayad iss mein prob nhi hoti..

    but still agar forum walo ne liya test waha...toh hum toh pahuchee jayenge..
  • edited January 21
    .
  • This is so disheartening to know. I'm sure I speak for the whole forumias community when I say that we are with you in this testing times. let us know if there is any type of help you need. We will do everything in our capacity to help you.
    Talking about writing sfg tests in the park from tomorrow onwards, I'm game.
    Do not go gentle into that good night
  • @ForumIAS Sir I will be their in park...
    I support ur effort..

    +1
  • This is so disheartening to know. I'm sure I speak for the whole forumias community when I say that we are with you in this testing times. let us know if there is any type of help you need. We will do everything in our capacity to help you.
    Talking about writing sfg tests in the park from tomorrow onwards, I'm game.

    +1
  • What is this Medium V and Big N.. Perhaps, I am still now aware of these 2 coaching institutes... What do they teach?
    Does medium V denote Vision ias??? And Big N, what does it denote?
  • I m really touched by ur kind words Forum IAS and stand by you in this moment of Solidarity.
    We are ready to write Tests anywhere where u will take...
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog