How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
27 JULY | 200+ Issues for Mains 2018 ForumIAS is conducting classes for Current Affairs Mains. Cover upto 200+ Issues important for Mains , with specific focus on holistic coverage and content differentiation. Attend the first session ( Open to All ) at 11AM, on Friday July 27 at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.
CLICK HERE to read more and register for the First Open Class

How to increase maturity level?

What are the actions that you think help one become increasingly mature?

I sometimes feel such attributes as restraint, optimistic outlook, broadmindedness, magnanimity, equanimity are very desirable qualities and these are probably what constitutes maturity, as against such attributes as pessimism, reactive nature, short temper, insecurity, cynicism etc. Quite often do I find myself on this other side of the line, reflected in
1. a pessimistic outlook towards our society at large
3. cynicism about human relations
4. disdain towards morality I don't subscribe to
5. Insecurity about belongingness, success etc.
6. getting mad at mummy for very intrusive nagging (intended caring)

The above list and general description about maturity is just off-the-mind, probably more discernible aspects of immaturity. More subtle aspects would get reflected in answer-writing probably, and certainly in interview. But the central question of this thread is how to become more mature
तदबीर से बिगड़ी हुई तक़दीर बना ले, अपने पे भरोसा है तो एक दाँव लगा ले।

Comments

• Get married
  • Get married

I don't think so. Even RR (AIR 3 in 2013) still posts stuff on facebook like freshie in 1st year. :D
    Just kidding, but phele hi mature ho jaye toh marriage jada succesful hogi. Nahi kya ?
  • What are the actions that you think help one become increasingly mature?

I sometimes feel such attributes as restraint, optimistic outlook, broadmindedness, magnanimity, equanimity are very desirable qualities and these are probably what constitutes maturity, as against such attributes as pessimism, reactive nature, short temper, insecurity, cynicism etc. Quite often do I find myself on this other side of the line, reflected in

The above list and general description about maturity is just off-the-mind, probably more discernible aspects of immaturity. More subtle aspects would get reflected in answer-writing probably, and certainly in interview. But the central question of this thread is how to become more mature

If you are able to ask these questions....it reflects you are mature/...

• Dont run for it, life will make you by itself.
    Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.
  • Get married

:confused:

p.s. the old adage, I can bet my shouting at my mum wud have already made her think this way :lol: :lol:
    तदबीर से बिगड़ी हुई तक़दीर बना ले, अपने पे भरोसा है तो एक दाँव लगा ले।
  • hope16 said:

Get married

I don't think so. Even RR (AIR 3 in 2013) still posts stuff on facebook like freshie in 1st year. :D
    Just kidding, but phele hi mature ho jaye toh marriage jada succesful hogi. Nahi kya ?
    Ya..he is such an idiot..ratta maar ke IAS ban gaya.
  • The no. 6 gets my goat! After 8 years living independently and travelling the world, i find myself back home and smothered by my wonderful parents. They have no respect for all the cool stuff i've done, because it hasn't made me middle-classly respectable. It is humbling, to say the least.
    On another note, haven't you heard of the over-the-counter potion?
  • hope16 said:

Get married

Haha. Bhai but luck etna role play kar jata hai kya koi air 3 ban jaye ? Matlab pre nikal jaye baat alag hai, but bc mains hi top kar diye matlab.
  • What are the actions that you think help one become increasingly mature?

I can see it clearly..where are you from dear! I can feel your mental state very well!

Like any thing of significance in life, comes with struggle and lot of patience and time, maturity is no different..it's not a goal..it's a journey, it's not a noun, it's a verb..it keeps on happening. Recognizing the goals and aiming for a "sate to be achieved" is the hallmark of beginning of a great voyage. Let me assure you..you are in different league if you are thinking on these lines. Introspecting and indulging in the process of reconstructing and remodeling the self is one of the rarest task best of the best humans attempt.

learning and devotion has a role, so does the time. times brings experience and certain set of condition which can not be brought by any other thing. For example usually one gets the experience when he is not in desperate need. It's like a comb one gets after he goes bald.

For some pain cleans the soul, for some devotion brings the purity, for some "Manan" achieves the peace and for some other some even trivial work brings bliss. Kabir was weaver his whole life and got liberated (in worldly terms) that way only.

Be fearless! Be experimental..keep learning! keep introspecting and contemplating! develop deep conviction in atleast basic things!! I am sure you will bloom like a heavenly lily on the pond of patience!

ज़ुर्रतों के करघे पे सपने बुनता हूँ...
  • hope16 said:

hope16 said:

Get married

Haha. Bhai but luck etna role play kar jata hai kya koi air 3 ban jaye ? Matlab pre nikal jaye baat alag hai, but bc mains hi top kar diye matlab.
    Aisa isliye hua kyunki wo idiot hai..to uske bas me intellectual type study karna ka option nahi tha..to usne wo kiya jo wo uske bas me tha...ratta...ratta Mara..solid points likh ke aa gaya..

Par behavioral level pe idiot hi hai Bhai...maano ya na maano..
  • hope16 said:

hope16 said:

Get married

and the handwriting he has with which he got highest marks in mains..aur log khali beatiful handwriting par focus karte hain..

met him after a seminar in batra..where majority were comfortable in hindi or hinglish at the most....but our champ saab didnt know or didnt pay heed...speaking hi fi english...throughout..aspirants were looking at each other wondering..if this was an english speaking session
  • edited August 2016

hope16 said:

Get married

Woh Jo bhi h na woh us k lie sufficient h bhai
    & pls stick to threads title
  • A man is the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.

• fall in love and get dumped.
  • hope16 said:

Get married

Woh Jo bhi h na woh us k lie sufficient h bhai
    & pls stick to threads title
    U r so mature
  • BANE_007 said:

fall in love and get dumped.

Sahi pakde hai
    BANE_007 said:

"Finally, in the battlefield.... "
  • BANE_007 said:

Sahi pakde hai
    BANE_007 said:

Pakde sahi h par aap log galat cheez pakda rahe h
  • BANE_007 said:

+100 :/ :/
    Vishwaas hi uth gaya hai in sabse to ab mera...

Everyone worships the Success.. And Most of the people don't give a Rat's Ass to the Feelings and Emotions..

Aap Aansu bahaate raho, Tadapte raho, Intezaar mein baithe raho... Lekin GHANTAA kuch farak padta hai kisi ko..

Swaarthi hain sab ke sab...

Nostalgia... Anyway.
  • Maine achche se achcha waqt aur bure se bure waqt dekha hai. Khushali aur bebasi dono ko bahut paas se dekha hai and this isn't related to this exam. Yeh exam un Sab ke saamne bahut choti si cheez hai. Jab zindagi itna kuch dikha deti hai to fir duniyadaari ki samajh aa hi jati hai aur shayad use hi hum maturity kehte hain. Zindagi jo sikhati hai woh Kitabon me nahi milta. Maturity ka to pata nahi lekin sabka alag nazariya hota hai cheezon ko dekhne ka. Kisi ke liye koi harkat Bachkana hota hai to kisi ke liye wahi harkat la Jawab hota hai.
  • I used to feel immature 2 years ago. I still remember when I went to samkalp for mock interviews and a guy told me that this is his 4th attempt. I blurted out "Baap re Baap". The guy felt somewhat ashamed and I was embarassed. What goes around comes back. Now this is my 4th attempt. People especially freshers give same expressions to me.

Failures in every attempt has imbibed a greater level of maturity in me. The watershed moment was failure after giving interview. Bhai aisa dil toota ki raat-o-raat sab badal gaya.

Then I started doing job. Believe me, doing a job and getting exposure of outer world makes you mature. The struggle to make your ends meet, the struggle to edge past the other enhances your survival instincts.

Rahi baat pyaar-mohabbat ki toh, ek baat jaan lo. There is no permanent love, only permanent interests. There are no true love, only true interests. Relationships are all about give and take. Woh kehte hai na - 'Quid Pro Quo'
  • preparing for upsc is like being in a relationship where one never knows how long it would last and be a successful relationship or not. Never take long term decisions of your career based on the hope that relationship would last life long. Nor let career affect your personal lives in the long run. Our time is limited. Use it judiciously for the greater good. Some things are not in our destiny which we should let it go and accept the fact that it was just a part of our life.
    wind power α v^3. That's how speed matters to generate power required to drive upsc exam.
  • maturity comes with pains,injustice and more mistakes in life...if u don't want to go through this then u should learn from other's experiences,or you should be more sensitive to others pain.
    Maturity also comes when you know when or where to act immature.
    Maturity also comes by taking responsibility,and I think by asking such questions you are atleast trying to do so.
    But beware cause there are also few boring people who call fun people immature.
  • Do Social Drinking....

• One simple suggestion... Wait until u become 27+ o:)
  • edited August 2016
    Maturity is the ability to think about all possible outcomes and be prepared to face them. ;) Just like in a computer program IF THEN ELSE This is not just about exam but in the real life as well. B)
    Cmon...i aint gonna bite you
  • Maturity comes when you begin to understand that life is all about minimising misery. If you are not miserable, either you are being mollycoddled by loved ones or just plain ignorant.

Understand how miserable you are.Then try to change.Change will require an attitude that will make you mature.
    One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.

PSIR Optional. Aspiring Diplomat.
  • I used to feel immature 2 years ago. I still remember when I went to samkalp for mock interviews and a guy told me that this is his 4th attempt. I blurted out "Baap re Baap". The guy felt somewhat ashamed and I was embarassed. What goes around comes back. Now this is my 4th attempt. People especially freshers give same expressions to me.

Failures in every attempt has imbibed a greater level of maturity in me. The watershed moment was failure after giving interview. Bhai aisa dil toota ki raat-o-raat sab badal gaya.

Then I started doing job. Believe me, doing a job and getting exposure of outer world makes you mature. The struggle to make your ends meet, the struggle to edge past the other enhances your survival instincts.

Rahi baat pyaar-mohabbat ki toh, ek baat jaan lo. There is no permanent love, only permanent interests. There are no true love, only true interests. Relationships are all about give and take. Woh kehte hai na - 'Quid Pro Quo'

Sir/Maam Ill always remember this line.There is no permanent love , only permanent interests.
    One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.

PSIR Optional. Aspiring Diplomat.
  • hope16 said:

Get married

Perhaps gives a strong hint that knowledge doesn't necessary lead one to wisdom or 'maturity' though that is a key ingredient towards wisdom.
    Bande hain hum uske, Humpe kiska zor
    Ummeedon ke sooraj, Nikle chaaron ore
    Iraadein hain fauladi, Himmati har kadam
    Apne haathon kismat likhne, Aaj chale hain hum...{AW>>STS=SES=A4}

3rd Mains*
  • life is like a game. play it well !!
  • hope16 said:

Get married

Perhaps gives a strong hint that knowledge doesn't necessary lead one to wisdom or 'maturity' though that is a key ingredient towards wisdom.
    Superlike
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog